Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Percussions

• Start Topic

Watching now!😁

Alice and her parents- it’s clear they love her and are trying but yes, it was two steps forward and two steps back.

Raj- if the lady says it was amazing it was amazing. Lol. I think Raj is cute. Was Mariana really THAT surprised he wasn’t circumcised? 

Dennis- I’m glad he’s alright, but Davia was right, he needs someone to talk to (besides her). What’s the point of the communal living if it’s not to have a community. 

Callie’s boyfriend Jamie(?)- I liked the fact that he called Callie out on her reckless behavior, BUT also acknowledged he was being patronizing and genuinely apologized. You can have good intentions and go about it the wrong way. Gael is also super hot but Callie cannot keep using him it’s not fair (which he realized he was doing to his boyfriend, and he ended things). Callie you have to be more aware if your responsibilities as a clerk; leaving her ID?!!

Malika you won’t do anyone any good by breaking the law and getting arrested. 

• Love 6

Callie continues her history of terrible decisions. I don't even know where to start with her.

Mariana's co-workers are such jerks. Hope she continues to do well at work though and that her app goes well. I also hope things with Raj don't blow up and make things worse for her.

I wish we had gotten more interaction with Callie and Mariana though. It felt like they were on different shows.

• Love 4

Although I like Marianna and her work storyline more than Callie's, one thing I don't like, or find realistic I guess, is that every single guy besides Raj and Evan are jerks?? I mean maybe that industry is known for it (Idk), but EVERYONE??? And I assume to close the wage gap, the company paid the women more as opposed to paying the men less so, what's the problem? 

I don't get Malika's plan here. She's just going to go in there and give the judge a piece of her mind? Like that'll solve anything. 

Anyone else get the feeling they're setting up the start of Dennis and Davina?

When it was revealed Alice was doing stand-up alone in the basement (?) I lol'd. Too funny. Her video for Joey was cute. 

Omg I love this show. I'm 40 and I love this show 😂😂😂😂

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Samwise979 said:

Although I like Marianna and her work storyline more than Callie's, one thing I don't like, or find realistic I guess, is that every single guy besides Raj and Evan are jerks?? I mean maybe that industry is known for it (Idk), but EVERYONE???

I think it is possible if not by action, by inaction. Men are privileged in that area and maybe they all (or most of them) keep quiet to keep their privileges. Or maybe it is the way the writers decided to incorporate the various cases of abuse in the high tech companies that were publicized recently in one company, to show the problem. Exaggerate the issue in order to not water it down.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Man, there's so much to unpack with Callie's behaviour....man, she sucks. After so many seasons of watching Callie make bad decisions for what she THINKS is for the greater good (sometimes, it is, sometimes it isn't), we're getting even more of that this season, it seems. 

Mariana's coworkers are awful. I did love Mariana's quip when she spelled Alex's name after Raj asked her to spell misogynist. That was great. I also love that the Evan/Amanda stuff WAS a misunderstanding. But yeah, I think we really ARE getting a whole thing with Evan crushing on Mariana in the most awkward of ways. 

Mariana's reaction to Raj's penis being uncircumcised was pretty funny. At least she's learning in this series. I hated her more than Callie on The Fosters by the end. Now, she's turning out to be one of the strongest characters.

Dennis/Davia are great but Dennis shouldn't be relying so heavily on Davia. It's a lot on her to be his only support system and she'll burn out if he leans on her too much. But yes, they're definitely setting up Dennis/Davia as a couple...honestly, I'd rather they were just platonic. 

Malika's plan is so super stupid. She steals Callie's ID to...what, go into the judge's quarters? For what reason?  She's going to get Callie in deep trouble and she doesn't seem to care. Callie, for what it's worth, has had Malika's back all last season. She can only do so much but she has tried. And Malika's response is to risk Callie's job because she's upset with the system. Fantastic. 

On the ironic side, now Callie is on the receiving end to someone else pulling a Callie on her.

Poor Jamie. He doesn't get an I love you back, and he doesn't realize that Callie and Gael kissed, making her a cheater. I mean, she's been emotionally cheating on him since they became an official couple, but still. Callie sucks. Jamie, she's just not that into you.

So, this is the start of Ben's redemption, it seems? He gets a bit of a backstory about his parents.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, alexvillage said:

I think it is possible if not by action, by inaction. Men are privileged in that area and maybe they all (or most of them) keep quiet to keep their privileges. Or maybe it is the way the writers decided to incorporate the various cases of abuse in the high tech companies that were publicized recently in one company, to show the problem. Exaggerate the issue in order to not water it down.

Inaction I totally buy. But they wrote the work scenes like every single man working there was openly sneering at Marianna and sending her nasty "joke" emails. But good point about over exaggerating the situation to bring awareness, I guess that is what they are doing. 

I forgot to comment on Callie and Jamie. I like this couple so much and wish they'd have Gael move on. But I fear Jamie doesn't stand a chance. I hope when they eventually break up the show can use Jamie in another way so we don't lose him. 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Samwise979 said:

I hope when they eventually break up the show can use Jamie in another way so we don't lose him. 

That's my hope. I know Callie will break up with him eventually, which isn't the part that disappoints me. It's the high possibility of losing Jamie since Beau Mirchoff is only a recurring character. I would love to see him stick around afterward, but I don't see the best way in keeping him around.

In my dreams, Gael and Jamie would ditch Callie and just date each other but it probably won't happen.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, Samwise979 said:

Inaction I totally buy. But they wrote the work scenes like every single man working there was openly sneering at Marianna and sending her nasty "joke" emails. But good point about over exaggerating the situation to bring awareness, I guess that is what they are doing. 

I didn’t take it that it was every single man. Despite being attracted to her Raj was always 100% fair and nice (and I don’t think he would ever do such a thing to other women even if he wasn’t into them). Gael works there too and has never been inappropriate. Mariana works closely with a few guys that are sexist  assholes, and I’m sure there are a few more like them, a few good ones like Gael and Raj, with about half who are just passive about the injustices women face. 

Oh shit, Callie got a classic Callie move pulled on her! Callie has often, including right here, made dumb as hell choices in the name of some greater good, but leaving her ID right there for anyone to grab is just pure stupidity! I can understand Callie's passion and appreciate it, but she needs to drop her levels of self ritiousness down several levels and start existing in the actual real world. Wrecking her career and even risking jail time wont help anyone!

That being said, I am more pissed at Malika right now than Callie. I mean, Callie had had her back throughout all of this since day one, and has risked a lot to help her and this cause, and she thanks her by getting her into huge trouble, maybe sinking her whole career? And for what end? To yell at the judge? How exactly will that help? Yeah that verdict sucks, and like many of these its insane how often cops get away with these killings no matter what evidence is shown, but this isnt the way to handle it. 

Alice peacing out during the circumcision conversation was hilarious! Her video was really cute, and I am glad that she got a second chance with Joey. So her parents are trying to be supportive, but still struggling with her being out to the rest of the family. One step forward two steps back indeed. 

The guy who Davia was seeing is such a prick. "Oh my God this sucks, my wife is telling everyone I had an affair and I am leaving her! You know, stuff thats all true that I totally did!" I love Dennis and Davia, romantic connection or not, but I dont think its healthy for him to just have her to talk to. He clearly needs professional help, and putting everything on one person who is clearly not a professional isnt good for either of them. 

Mariana and Raj are cute, and her freaking out then trying to be overly supportive about his non-circumcised penis was really funny, and I like them as a couple a lot. Him playing with that jell thing was...wow. And then Evan grabbing it! Glad that Evan really is a good, if socially awkward guy, and is trying to make a better work environment. Although things could get awkward if she has to kick Raj out of her all female team, OR keeps him on her team and the other women find out she is dating him. Whats going to happen there? Especially if she is the team leader of the team he is on?

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

In my dreams, Gael and Jamie would ditch Callie and just date each other but it probably won't happen.

I agree it probably won't happen, but if it was going to happen on any show, this would be the one. And I really like the idea!

There really should be a rule that you can't date someone  you supervise, which means she really shouldn't be able to put Raj on her app team.

Also, someone really should talk to Evan about how social things. He seems to be genuinely decent, and also open to feedback. It makes me sad that he doesn't have any allies who are helping him deal with managing the social environment more effectively.

Callie confronting the judge about bias was terrifying to watch, but he actually seemed to take what she said to heart.

What is Malika doing??

• Love 1

I found the episode a little boring, to tell the truth. The outcome of the trial was expected but I, too, am confused about what Malika is doing - and how she knows exactly where to go to get what she wants. Confront the Judge? She needs to go through he assistant and she went through another door. 

The cut/uncut thing was silly. It didn't bother me, I just don't know why it was even a topic. Do young people really freak out about this, is it so alien to them? In a show that throws so much at once, that was an unusual diversion.

I like Jamie too. I am already tired of Gael's brooding but he was right about Callie. The writers brought her from a teenager to young adult but the only thing that grew was her arrogance. She feels that she is always right, and that would be fine if she didn't feel the need to make everyone agree with her at any cost. And it looks like that could cost her her future - but I don't think the writers are going there. They will probably have the judge give her second, third...tenth chances. 

I think the story with Marianna is interesting. First the mansplaining from last season and now, even when the women would "have the upper hand", they still have to deal with the dynamics of the workplace, which is still very male dominated. I am sure this type of thing happens in places like that. I hope they don't mess up the Evan character. He was well done last season but he seemed not himself in this episode, inconsistent with his quirks. They moved him too fast from A to B to satisfy Mariana's story (maybe?)

• Love 3

The preview

with Mariana and Raj making out at work

made me think maybe Mariana hasn't grown at all since The Fosters. I had thought she was starting to mature, but she's being reckless, naive, and stupid, given what we already know about the workplace situation.

also, doing it in a closet as her friend suggested is bad enough, but in a glass-walled office? come on!!

I was kind of disappointed that Joey decided to change pronouns. I would like it to be normalized that lesbians, women, females in general, don't have to conform to femmy stereotypes in order to stay "she". I realize non-binary people need representation, too, but I'm tired of the de-dyking of the culture.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/18/2019 at 9:32 PM, Samwise979 said:

Although I like Marianna and her work storyline more than Callie's, one thing I don't like, or find realistic I guess, is that every single guy besides Raj and Evan are jerks?? I mean maybe that industry is known for it (Idk), but EVERYONE??? And I assume to close the wage gap, the company paid the women more as opposed to paying the men less so, what's the problem? 

I don't get Malika's plan here. She's just going to go in there and give the judge a piece of her mind? Like that'll solve anything. 

Anyone else get the feeling they're setting up the start of Dennis and Davina?

When it was revealed Alice was doing stand-up alone in the basement (?) I lol'd. Too funny. Her video for Joey was cute. 

Omg I love this show. I'm 40 and I love this show 😂😂😂😂

As a female that has worked in that industry in Los Angeles for 20 years, in my experience, it is exaggerated and not true to life.  The things you deal with are generally far more subtle and insidious.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 3

Okay - so does anyone think Callie didn't leak that stuff? And why the heck did she tell the judge about it afterward? She could have written the bench memo supporting release without knowing what was in it? 

In general I'm over her holier-than-though attitude with everyone, including the law clerk.

Malika just really screwed Callie and it sucks.