Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: Our Competition's Not That Smart

• Start Topic

Airs July 9, 2019

Teams race to Revelstoke, B.C., where some wipe out and others find themselves halted on the track to the pit stop.

Making them climb up a mountain to get eliminated seems extra cruel. Heh. 

Dave and Irina are the worst. They know they’re obnoxious and they’re proud of it. It’s one thing to be annoying to the viewers but to snap at the lady with the clue to hurry up because you’re in a race? Bitch, no.

I still don’t know most of their names but my faves so far are the newly dating couple who came in first and the married guys. Team Canada seems competent and pleasant, just not the most entertaining. 

I hated seeing the teams celebrate that Jet and Dave were gone. I understand why they were happy but it still made me sad 😞

• Love 4

Irina and Dave are just playing characters. I hate those types of teams. I hope the race breaks them down and they lose the shtick. 

Having said that, um, Irinia is right, quite a few of teams are messing up. 

Can't believe they put inexperienced people on dirtbikes. That will always lead to crashes and even low speed crashes can cause injury.  

• Love 2

Pardon me, because I know this isn't exactly on topic, but can anyone steer me to how I can watch ARC in the US?  I've tried a few sketchy sites and ended up with viruses.  I'm happy to pay for it.

9 hours ago, Harry24 said:

Pardon me, because I know this isn't exactly on topic, but can anyone steer me to how I can watch ARC in the US?  I've tried a few sketchy sites and ended up with viruses.  I'm happy to pay for it.

The show itself is on the CTV network (ctv.ca), but I'm willing to bet that it's blocked outside of Canada. You could try.

I know that older seasons are on YouTube,  so if you haven't seen those, they are available. 

8 hours ago, aemom said:

The show itself is on the CTV network (ctv.ca), but I'm willing to bet that it's blocked outside of Canada. You could try.

I know that older seasons are on YouTube,  so if you haven't seen those, they are available. 

Thanks for taking the time to reply, aemom.  You're right that it's geoblocked in the US.  I watched through season four on YouTube, but the newer ones aren't available there.

So ... I'm still looking for how to watch this delightful show if anyone can help.

(edited)
On 7/15/2019 at 12:43 PM, Harry24 said:

Thanks for taking the time to reply, aemom.  You're right that it's geoblocked in the US.  I watched through season four on YouTube, but the newer ones aren't available there.

So ... I'm still looking for how to watch this delightful show if anyone can help.

You could check out the Facebook group-- REALITY TELEVISION FANATICZ or UNSCRIPTED TV FANATICZ.  They often are able to point you in the right direction.

Edited by Fretful
(edited)
On 7/11/2019 at 12:59 AM, TVbitch said:

Irina and Dave are just playing characters. I hate those types of teams.

It depends for me.  Jet and Dave were worse with their schtick I thought, I was supposed to find them funny, but slapstick humour just isn't my thing.  At least these two bring some needed edginess to the race.  The cast on the Canadian version can be quite bland at times and you need some really competitive people in there.

Edited by amazingracefan
  • Love 1

You could check out the Facebook group-- REALITY TELEVISION FANATICZ or UNSCRIPTED TV FANATICZ.  They often are able to point you in the right direction

Thank you, fretful!  That did the trick.