Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: Canada Get More Maps

• Start Topic

Ugh!! Why didn’t you guys buy a map? Whyyyyyyyyy?? I was so happy to see Jet and Dave again and am so ridiculously bummed they went out first. 

Other Dave and Irina can fuck off any time. They’re obnoxious so OF COURSE they come in first and get the Express Pass. 🙄 I am glad that Grampa Gilles didn’t get eliminated but I’m still a little iffy on his grandson Jared Leto.

• Love 8

I am sorry to see them go, but I had a feeling they thought could coast a bit since they had experience. But man...buy a map.

Tough opening leg. Chances to switch up the order at tasks. Great start.

17 hours ago, SnideAsides said:

At least we've now established the reason this show hasn't been as fun in recent seasons is production, not the Canadian public.

Also, irrefutable proof that the show isn’t rigged, there’s no way TPTB would let Jet and Dave go out first.

For those who were wondering, Dave gave this explanation on Twitter about how they got so lost: 

3F17AB62-A88E-4AE0-BBFA-5A0C8CDBED6B.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Boy some of the teams are a bit...well...slow.  Should have been bad tempered grandson dropping the ball not grandpa.  Jett & Dave as experienced racers should have known to have one of those old fashioned paper map books

1 hour ago, Bunnyette said:

Should have been bad tempered grandson dropping the ball not grandpa.

Grandson did the first roadblock, so Grandpa had to do the 2nd one.

Dave and Irina are a little too intense and cocky.  They need to calm down a bit.

The athletes seem very focused.  The other teams seem fairly equally matched so far.

• Love 2

I'm not typically a fan of twist-casting, returnees or scenery chewing teams so I rather enjoyed the demise of the loud guys. Absolute proof that the show isn't rigged indeed!

Go Olympians!

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

Also, irrefutable proof that the show isn’t rigged, there’s no way TPTB would let Jet and Dave go out first.

For those who were wondering, Dave gave this explanation on Twitter about how they got so lost: 

3F17AB62-A88E-4AE0-BBFA-5A0C8CDBED6B.jpeg

I still can't even follow what the hell went wrong.  Everybody else seemed to figure it out.

I love the camera work - focusing on the map on the counter while they were asking directions.  Then talking about how maybe they should have gotten a map.  LOL.  They were their own worst enemies.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, aemom said:

I still can't even follow what the hell went wrong.  Everybody else seemed to figure it out.

I love the camera work - focusing on the map on the counter while they were asking directions.  Then talking about how maybe they should have gotten a map.  LOL.  They were their own worst enemies.

I know including the clueless ones!

• Love 1
9 hours ago, aemom said:

I still can't even follow what the hell went wrong.  Everybody else seemed to figure it out

It’s pretty simple really.  Everyone else bought maps but Jet and Dave asked some locals for directions to the road they needed which was 5A. In an unfortunate coincidence, there are 2 roads called 5A, one is a highway and the other is a local road.  They needed to go to the local road which was only about 5 mins away. Unfortunately, the locals who live there don’t call the local road “5A”, they call it the “Princeton-Kamloops highway”. So when Jet and Dave asked for directions, the locals assumed they were looking for the 5A highway, not the local road, and unintentionally sent them on a wild goose chase.  

• Useful 2

I don't remember Jet and Dave, but I don't mind them being out, because if they did well, I would be wondering whether they had an unfair advantage being the only team with previous race experience.

For a while I was thinking the show might pull a shocker non-elimination for the first leg, cuz notPhil said "MAY be eliminated" and the guys repeated "MAY" and seemed like they had these hopes, too. Were they this careless with navigation the first time around? 

I guess Disney and Cliff Bars sponsered this episode. 

• Love 1
On 7/6/2019 at 5:33 PM, TVbitch said:

Were they this careless with navigation the first time around? 

No. I believe they were eliminated the episode before the finale so they actually are good racers. Technically, they weren’t exactly careless with navigation this time around, they were just given incorrect directions.

• Love 2