Type keyword(s) to search

Katy Keene in the Media

Katy Keene, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, Roswell New Mexico: CW Announces 2020 Premiere Dates

katy-keene-768x1152.thumb.jpg.cd09447a017171a19d989edb3b9f2f3e.jpg

New Series “Katy Keene” Premieres Thursday, February 6 at 8pm on the CW.

A Riverdale spin-off series that “follows the lives and loves of four iconic Archie Comics characters – fashion legend-to-be Katy Keene (Lucy Hale), singer/songwriter Josie McCoy (Ashleigh Murray), performer Jorge Lopez/Ginger (Jonny Beauchamp), and “It Girl” Pepper Smith (Julia Chan) – as they chase their twenty-something dreams in New York City… together.”

Katy designs clothes for anyone she can, including her friend and roommate Josie, whose singing talent catches the attention of Alexander Cabot (Lucien Laviscount), a CEO who hopes to reboot the record label division of his father’s corporate empire. But Alexander’s dream of signing Josie to a recording contract meets resistance from Cabot Media’s powerful senior vice president Alexandra (Camille Hyde), who also happens to be his twin sister. Josie and Katy’s roommate Jorge works at his family’s bodega and has his eye on Broadway, but after a series of rejections, he hopes to take his drag performance career as Ginger to the next level. The mysterious Pepper Smith plans to open her own version of Andy Warhol’s Factory. She has the connections, but no one seems to know where she got her money – or if she really has any at all. Katy struggles to manage the pressures of her day job at Lacy’s Department Store and her very demanding boss, Gloria (Katherine LaNasa), who is a legendary personal shopper. But Katy has the support of her longtime boyfriend, KO Kelly (Zane Holtz), who has his own dream of becoming a professional boxer. As these aspiring artists take on the runway, the recording studio, Broadway, and the NYC social scene, they will find more than just a career in the big city – they’ll find long-lasting friendship. A spinoff of the hit series RIVERDALE, KATY KEENE is from Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios with executive producers Greg Berlanti (“Arrow,” “The Flash,” “Supergirl,” “Riverdale”), Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa (“Supergirl,” “Riverdale”), Michael Grassi (“Riverdale,” “Supergirl”), Sarah Schechter (“Arrow,” “The Flash,” “Supergirl,” “Riverdale”) and Jon Goldwater (Archie Comics Publisher & CEO.)

Katy Keene to officially appear on Riverdale

Ahead of the spinoff's premiere in February, Riverdale's Veronica (Camila Mendes) will be taking a little trip to New York for a college interview, and while she's there, she'll be visiting her old friend Katy Keene (Lucy Hale) and going on a shopping spree, E! News has learned. 

The crossover episode will air Wednesday, February 5 at 8 p.m., while Katy Keene premieres the next day, Thursday, February 6 at 8 p.m. on The CW. 

Katy Keene gets 13 additional scripts ordered ahead of its premiere

ETA: Further information about this has come out. It doesn't mean this will all be for season 1, but these are additional scripts ordered for a potential season 2. As there may be a Writer's Strike in the spring, this is only to help with production for the strike, should the show be picked up for a second season. 

Edited by Lady Calypso

I don’t think I ever finished the last few episodes and then I got a new cable box and all my saved dvr’s were deleted.  

Not suprising news on the cancellation.  It was good at the start but lost me fast.  😢

• Love 2
On 9/6/2020 at 2:05 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I just noticed that Katy Keene is now available on HBO Max. I haven't checked to see if it's still available on the CW app, but just thought I'd let you know in case you want to rewatch!

I bought it on iTunes ($9.99 sale) and the more I watch it, the more potential (and mistakes) I see which is frustrating! This deserved a second season. 

I just have to say.... after starting series number 6 that I am tired... what are u guys doing? Ur job?  I agree 3 out of the 6 meh...  but  the 3 that are gems.. im sad and disappointed... instead we can watch the 4 hour revised version of justice league... much better advertised... because I watched it... never knowing there was an original.... I'm like only 70 mil spent on this film... genius.  Unbelievable.    Alright my tangent done... I'm just thoroughly disappointed that ppl dont invest on shows I love... it's almost like... why watch them anyway... they will be cancelled... hence why they arent watched... plus the worst management and publicity ever... like how did lindsay Lohan make it... bit Katy keene cant. Fuck it

• Love 1