Type keyword(s) to search

The Hills: New Beginnings - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

"The Hills" Reboot With New Cast Greenlighted By MTV.

The cable network has given a green light to a reality show with the working title The Hills: Next Gen. The reboot "will feature a brand new cast which is expected to be more diverse than the original," according to Deadline.  "The series will follow close group of 20-something friends and aspiring entrepreneurs who are coming of age in a very different L.A. They will navigate realities of race, class, identity, addiction, family drama along with the thrills of romance and becoming self-made amidst the exclusive enclave of the hills in Malibu." The Hills reboot is in the works following the cancelation in January of The Hills: New Beginnings, which ran for two seasons starting in 2019. 

Why am I thinking this would be far more entertaining if it were adapted from the Wes Craven movie? But seriously, it's interesting that they already know some members of the cast will be "navigating" addiction, which indicates they purposely cast an addict just so they can milk his/her struggle and pain for ratings.

Edited by Gharlane
  • Love 1

Part of the reason why the original Hills worked was because it followed Lauren, who was already a celebrity. It was relatable, with her dealing with school, an internship, and navigating difficult friendships. Yes, of course some things were manipulated for the show, but a lot of it wasn't. And Lauren's responses and one-liners were pretty amazing. (Homeboy wore combat boots to the beach! I wanna forgive you and forget you! He's a sucky person!) I don't know if the new version will work. But as a 40 something woman, I'm not the target audience. 

laurenshrug-1423517949.gif

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 5/23/2022 at 7:42 AM, Gharlane said:

"The Hills" Reboot With New Cast Greenlighted By MTV.

Why am I thinking this would be far more entertaining if it were adapted from the Wes Craven movie? But seriously, it's interesting that they already know some members of the cast will be "navigating" addiction, which indicates they purposely cast an addict just so they can milk his/her struggle and pain for ratings.

So basically Real World with a new name?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

So basically Real World with a new name?

The original was a moment in time that we’re never getting back again!

I lived it via ONTD (if you know, you know) and Us Weekly, and even I know that!f

Edited by teapot
  • Love 1