Type keyword(s) to search

S34: Casting Speculation & Spoilers

• Start Topic

(edited)

Yep, Bunim-Murray Productions will be doing another Challenge. I guess that with The Real World debuting on Facebook, they wanted to play things safe.

As always, this is a thread for casting spoilers only. If you've heard results spoilers, please create a thread for that.

Here's a list of probable players from Vevmo, channeled through Stop Being Polite. It's basically the usual suspects, with names from other nations and series. Paul Abrahamian from Big Brother is on the "Possible" list, and I've heard nothing but bad things about him. Sadly, BMP signed Stephen Bear to a contract last year, and he'd have to fuck things up royally to get kicked off for good. The saddest line falls under the "Unlikely to Appear" list: "Shaleen Sutherland (The Bachelor Canada)- Projection doesn’t know her phone number." On the bright side, Turbo is on the "Maybe" list, though I'd expect him to pass in order to . . . I dunno . . . thwart hijackings full-time. Or bend the course of mighty rivers. Maybe he shouldn't be a regular . . . when it comes to casting, you either get forgotten by BMP, or you stay on long enough to be a villain. Or at least a gigantic pain in the ass.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Maybe he shouldn't be a regular . . . when it comes to casting, you either get forgotten by BMP, or you stay on long enough to be a villain. Or at least a gigantic pain in the ass

Exactly! I hope Turbo never does another season. He'll be ruined!

Ew to Paul. No. Please. I can't.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Ew to Paul. No. Please. I can't.

Just checking: was he the one that was a gigantic pain in the ass, and the jury picked Weeping Josh over him for the win in the finale? His name was brought up for the current season of The Amazing Race, back when it was supposed to be all or mostly contestants from Big Brother, and a lot of posters were not thrilled with the idea. Then again, I still feel that Big Brother cast members can ruin everything . . . even The Challenge.

Okay, okay, maybe I'm softening on Da'vonne. I'd rather she spend time with her kid than wade neck-deep in human sewage and toss out great lines . . . but she's grown on me.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Just checking: was he the one that was a gigantic pain in the ass, and the jury picked Weeping Josh over him for the win in the finale?

Yep. He was so bad that people voted for Josh and Nicole, who are both the worst, over him! 

He would fit right in on The Challenge though. Practically everyone on this show is heinous lol.

• Love 2

No, no, no on Paul. Yet...seeing him get his butt kicked early on might be satisfying. Can't you see him trying to give friendship bracelets to Bananas or Wes? Lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 5/4/2019 at 7:04 PM, RandomWatcher said:

Paul on the Challenge?

giphy.gif

^^^ This.

On 5/5/2019 at 11:55 AM, CrazyDog said:

No, no, no on Paul. Yet...seeing him get his butt kicked early on might be satisfying. Can't you see him trying to give friendship bracelets to Bananas or Wes? Lol.

... on the other hand, I would TRULY enjoy someone handing him his ass and sending him packing on the first episode. So there's that.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lantern7 said:

Updated list from Vevmo prior to departure. Once again, way too many familiar names. BTW, is "Georgia" a popular name for girls in the UK? I'm amused there could be two Georgias for the upcoming season.

Shaleen is on the "maybe" list. Looks like BMP found her contact info!

I was reading the comments from the link you posted and someone mentioned that Zack had been exposed for taking a bribe.  Does anyone know more information about this?  I must have completely missed it.

(edited)

Stop Being Polite puts up “official” cast list post. Basically, it’ll be updated when more information is found. Given that Jordan & Tori are coming back, maybe it’ll be a couples season? Also: no Hunter. You think he managed to win WotW? Or piss off BMP?

ETA current list: Cara Maria, finalist Georgia, Georgia we haven't met yet, Johnny, Jordan, Josh, Killa Kam, Kyle (him and Cara? Super), Nany, Paulie (him with Cara AND Kyle? Fuck), Rogan (I still think interns tackled him at the start of Vendettas, lest he eliminated Johnny), Bear (my fear: England bars him from coming back, and he becomes the problem of the United States), Theo (already the second-best Theo in Challenge history), Tori (I haven't dove into her relationship with Jordan. I hear they collaborate on songs. Maybe I should check that out).

Thinking about it, maybe Rogan would be there to sacrifice upon an altar. How else do you summon Turbo?

Edited by Lantern7

I love how Jordan always says he’s retired only to keep coming back. I’m not upset about it either. He’s low key one of the best competitors in the show’s history. I hope he sends Paulie’s ass packing. Even though he and Cara seem to be on better terms than they were on ‘Dirty 30’, I hope he still gets under her skin and makes Paulie bark up the wrong tree. 

I saw some were speculating that Laurel was likely to be on. I hope that’s true. Cara would be having nightmares if she shows up. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, RandomWatcher said:

Aren't they supposed to be heading out soon to start filming?

If they haven't already, they will be going soon.

Wes is on the list. I imagine all of his workers telling him, "We'll hold things down for you. Shame Bananas again."

• Love 2
(edited)

@RandomWatcher . .  .maybe someone is filling in for her on social media? She's not on the current (albeit unofficial) list. Here's the latest version as of now (Tuesday, May 21, after 11 p.m.):

Ashley Mitchell (Real World Ex-Plosion)

Cara Maria Sorbello (Fresh Meat 2)

Faith Stowers (Vanderpump Rules/ Ex on the Beach US)

Georgia Harrison (Love Island UK)

Gus Smyrnios (Floribama Shore)

Johnny Bananas (Real World Key West)

Jordan Wiseley (Real World Portland)

Josh Martinez (Big Brother 19)

Joss Mooney (Ex on the Beach UK)

Kam Williams (Are You the One? 5)

Kayleigh Morris (Ex on the Beach UK)

Kyle Christie (Georgie Shore)

Laurel Stucky (Fresh Meat 2)

Leroy Garrett (Real World Las Vegas)

Nany Gonzalez (Real World Las Vegas)

Paulie Calafiore (Big Brother 18)

Rogan O’Connor (Ex on the Beach UK)

Stephen Bear (Ex on the Beach UK)

Theo Campbell (Love Island UK)

Tori Deal (Are You the One? 4)

Wes Bergmann (Real World Austin)

Zach Nichols (Real World San Diego)

Zahida Allen (Ex on the Beach UK/ Geordie Shore)

I could have sworn Smashley was on the "not appearing" list. If Laurel really is coming back, that might be epic. Cara Maria would be in trouble. She'd have to spread her hatred between her and Kyle.

Edited by Lantern7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Latest list:

Ashley Mitchell (Real World Ex-Plosion)

Cara Maria Sorbello (Fresh Meat 2)

Da’Vonne Rogers (Big Brother 17 & 18)

Dee Nguyen

Faith Stowers (Vanderpump Rules/ Ex on the Beach US)

Georgia Harrison (Love Island UK)

Gus Smyrnios (Floribama Shore)

Johnny Bananas (Real World Key West)

Jordan Wiseley (Real World Portland)

Josh Martinez (Big Brother 19)

Joss Mooney (Ex on the Beach UK)

Kam Williams (Are You the One? 5)

Kayleigh Morris (Ex on the Beach UK)

Kyle Christie (Georgie Shore)

Laurel Stucky (Fresh Meat 2)

Leroy Garrett (Real World Las Vegas)

Nany Gonzalez (Real World Las Vegas)

Natalie “Ninja” Duran (American Ninja Warrior)

Paulie Calafiore (Big Brother 18)

Rogan O’Connor (Ex on the Beach UK)

Stephen Bear (Ex on the Beach UK)

Theo Campbell (Love Island UK)

Tori Deal (Are You the One? 4)

Turabi “Turbo” Camkiran

Wes Bergmann (Real World Austin)

Zach Nichols (Real World San Diego)

Zahida Allen (Ex on the Beach UK/ Geordie Shore)

Dang, it's like everyone did the Reunion, then dove into the next season. Did they even leave England to go to their homes first? Looks like most of the finalists are coming back, including the WotW champion (I want anyone who doesn't yet know to be surprised). The biggest returns would be Jordan and Laurel. You can almost her the theme music from The Terminator at the thought of Killbot coming back to the fold.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

See the potential for another UK alliance dominating the early game.

The competitors would be smart to ally with Theo and Turbo because those guys will win or contend for the tribunal for most challenges.

Now if it's another death race 2000 type of Final, I don't see too many of the vets who can hang.  Not only because they're older but you have much better and fit athletes like Theo and Turbo.

Unless they commit to like training for a marathon and arrive at this Challenge in that kind of condition.

I don't think running the treadmills a couple of times between partying the rest of the week is going to cut it.

• Love 3
On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 12:02 AM, marymary said:

Ugh I am so sick oh cara maria ... can she please just go away already?

Me as well.  I was such a huge fan of Cara when she was first on the show, now I am just sick of her.  Yes I despise Paulie since he was on Big Brother but my dislike of Cara goes back before she started dating him.

Do they really need to bring back White Trash Ashley?  She is another one who can fuck off to whence she came. 

• Love 4

MTV likes people who make waves, create drama.

Of course the loudest ones who frantically wave arms and make up BS vendettas are going to be the ones they want to have on the show.

• Love 1

I'm happy about Wes and Theo, and Day...and that's about it. But Turbo, noooo...don't get sucked into this soul crushing challenge universe.

It will be mildly interesting to see what the final looks like. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

I'm happy about Wes and Theo, and Day...and that's about it. But Turbo, noooo...don't get sucked into this soul crushing challenge universe.

I can hear him in my head. “I know there is much drama. But I win Survivor back-to-back. I don’t think people care here, but I want to see if I can do it here. Also, I hear of one like me, only he has the one hand. He should be interesting to face.”

• Love 3