Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E19: Source Material

• Start Topic

BOUND TOGETHER — With Harry (Rupert Evans) still missing, Mel (Melonie Diaz), Macy (Madeleine Mantock) and Maggie (Sarah Jeffery) devise a plan that requires to ask for Tessa’s (guest star Chloe Bridges) help.  Parker is close to conquering his demon side, but all doesn’t go smoothly so he turns to Maggie for what he hopes will be comfort.  Meanwhile, Niko is eager to help Mel, but in return asks Mel for help in learning about her past.  Stuart Gillard directed the episode written by Natalia Fernandez & Allyssa Lee (#119).  Original airdate 4/28/2019. 

This show is moving way too fast. So many things are beginning and ending, that none of it seems to have any importance. I can't react or contemplate about things, I just have to sit back and watch.

When Parker's mother died, I was wondering why he didn't check for a pulse or call an ambulance. Since Parker didn't try to save her, he should have thrown down a banana peel on the floor, maybe they would have thought her death was an accident.

I wonder why Macy and Galvin didn't find any damage to the lab. Was everything cleaned up except for the syringe? 

So Fiona thought she had killed Jada, but it didn't stick.

• Love 4

So much for Tessa.

Damaged Witches apparently lose brain cells. Did Fiona expect the dagger to be out in the open?  How come the Witches and Whitelighters couldn't sense it?

I like Harry being a freelance Whitelighter now. 

So Alistair engineered Parker and Maggie getting together just to break his heart and allow himself to be the material for the Source?  Ugh. Horrible story telling!

Galvin should have left last episode.  

Nico is now annoying as hell. 

Macy is now playing fast and loose with her demon sight.  She needs to get it together before it is used against her and her sisters.

• Love 4

Tessa's death pissed me off because it showed how GOOD the proper Whitelighter effect could've looked! And now Harry is already an independent Whitelighter? lol. Stay going over the speed limit show.

Other then that...not that bad, though not sure why Mel didnt freeze Harry when he was trying to kill them.

• Love 1

I think it’s ridiculous that whitelighters are so easy to kill in this one. What good is a healer/guide who can be easily taken out by a powerful witch or demon?

I'm sure that they made a big deal about the fact the source of magic can be good or evil depending on who controls it totally does not mean that Parker’s two halves will be in conflict, fighting for control. Cole indeed...

• Love 1

RIP Tessa. Glad that she wasent evil, but its sucks that she is already dead. She could have been a good reoccurring character if she got on their side. How are White Lighters so easy to kill? Arent they already dead anyway? Snd have healing powers? Cant they heal themselves?

So, why is Glavin still here, exactly? He already said how he cant accept Macy as who she is, and now can hardly talk to her, so why purpose does he serve now? I hope that the show does not end up proving him right, that Macy should get rid of her dark side and be wholly human/witch instead, and she has to tell him that he was right and she was wrong. I am so not into that. 

Parker really is doing the Cole switches from good to evil all of the time, isnt he? Everyone on this show is hilariously easy to manipulate, no wonder Alastair is about to create the source. Also, nice cape you got there, dude. Very thematically appropriate.

Harry as a whitelighter free lancer is a fun idea, the poor guy needs to take a bit of a break and do his own thing for a bit. Its been from Hell to seeing his elderly son to losing his magic and almost dying of old age to be tortured and enslaved by his crazy ex charge, to losing yet another white lighter, its been a lot. 

Some nice sister scenes, which I hope we get more of soon, now that Macy seems to be getting a little too fast and lose with those dark powers. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 1

I was just getting to like Parker's mother and then they kill her off.  It would have been nice to have someone with more knowledge working on lab stuff... someone to consult.

Parker is pretty weak to give in that easily.  But then to accept the demon dad plunging him with a golden knife?  I mean, there's heartbroken and then there's just stupid.

The demon's dad plan was convoluted as hell.  He could have accomplished all this way faster.  Heck, just shape shift into some imaginary love interest, seduce Parker, break his heart, get the knife, we could have gotten The Source in Episode 5.

I was disappointed Tessa was killed off so quickly too.  She was quite a refreshing change from Harry.  She could have been the link to the Elders while Harry could still have been the day-to-day unlinked Whitelighter.

I missed what Harry said about how Fiona brought him back and why his powers is not linked to her?   

That needle Macy uses sure is handy.  I guess they can't have her using it all the time, so now she has to turn psycho.  Or was that because Galvin broke up with her?  Because no one can handle a breakup without turning evil on supernatural shows.

I actually liked Nico in this one and she actually seemed to have a personality.  I liked how she thought magic was cool.  Much like Galvin did, but now he's back to his old annoying self.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2

Ha ha, to Charity's discoball catsuit, I am guessing that allowed her to move freely through Tartarus without being burned, kind of like industrial strength aluminum foil when you are roasting a turkey. Show you have some 'splaining to do. Why did she go there, did she find what she was looking for, did she ever come back, the show moves so fast, I can't remember what happened. Anybody want to fill me in?

• Love 1

This show really does just speed through storylines like they won't have a next episode let alone season .... The elders are just completely useless and unneeded in this form on the show and what's the point of being a whitelighter if ANYTHING can kill you? Ditch the non witch bf please for the love of god dont go the cole route with the demon bf (already too late for that) I am really hate watching this show at this point it's like what else can they do how more absurd and convoluted can the storyline in season one get? Thank god they have new showrunners next season hopefully they can fix the really bad pacing of the show this season and rewrite some of these characters for the better 

Edited by Keywestclubkid

This show is moving way too fast. So many things are beginning and ending, that none of it seems to have any importance. I can't react or contemplate about things,

Agreed. There seems to be about seven seasons worth of storylines going on in just this first season. There's Alastair and Parker trying to resurrect the Source, there's Parker trying to become human with his mother's help, there's the Sarcana versus the Elders, there's Macy fighting and/or embracing her dark side, there's Charity going bad and reluctantly joining forces with evil, there's  Fiona trying to destroy magic, there's Harry being stripped of his Whitelighter status and nearly dying and there's the whole sorority thing too. And then there are the relationships that go from zero to sixty like Mel and Niko or Mel and Jada or Macy and Galvin or Maggie and Parker. Any one of these storylines could have been a strong through-line for an entire season interspersed with more episodic demon-of-the-week stories.

Nothing sticks. There's very little emotional punch to anything because they're throwing too much onto the wall too fast. They need to slow the fuck down.

I don't get how Harry can be an "independent whitelighter" either. The Elders had the power to strip away his powers, assuming their verdict has not changed they can just do it all over again. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Ha ha, to Charity's discoball catsuit, I am guessing that allowed her to move freely through Tartarus without being burned, kind of like industrial strength aluminum foil when you are roasting a turkey. Show you have some 'splaining to do. Why did she go there, did she find what she was looking for, did she ever come back, the show moves so fast, I can't remember what happened. Anybody want to fill me in?

Alistair sent Charity to Tartarus to break Hunter out.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Stardancer Supreme said:
6 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Alistair sent Charity to Tartarus to break Hunter out.

I thought Hunter was already out killing his mother and breaking Parker's heart. Was the discoball suit a flashback?

15 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I thought Hunter was already out killing his mother and breaking Parker's heart. Was the discoball suit a flashback?

Alistair put Charity in the discoball outfit to go into Tartarus to get Hunter out.  After that, Hunter killed Parker's mother. She was not his mother.