Type keyword(s) to search

"That's the Way it Is": Scheduling and all that TV Jazz

• Start Topic

It’s off for two weeks. I think this has to do with spring break. Most universities and high schools will be out one of the next two weeks. The next episode is entitled Wendi’s House. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Bteam said:

It’s off for two weeks. I think this has to do with spring break. Most universities and high schools will be out one of the next two weeks. The next episode is entitled Wendi’s House. 

It’s usually like this because they were new for Sweeps.

• Love 1

Sorry to repeat post, but I just noticed Kids isn't scheduled tonight.  ABC is running a repeat of Bless this Mess in the 8:30 spot.  So disappointing.  I look forward to giggling at those silly Cleary boys all week.    

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, OnceAgain said:

This scares me that we fans have not made enough noise about this show. We need to be really loud about how much we like it or we will be sad fans. 

Yes!  This is the best, funniest show that most people don't even know about!!   I will be gutted if it's not renewed.  Nothing on television makes me laugh so much.  And with such a large, interesting mix of characters portrayed by so many talented actors - they have so many possibilities for keeping the storylines fresh and hilarious for many years.  Plus the setting is something that hasn't been done to death.

• Love 11

TVGuide.com is somewhat optimistic about the chances for renewal:

The Kids Are Alright

The Good News: These kids were doing alright, especially early in the season, with ratings above a 1.0 and a total audience above 5 million. And it's outperforming the Tuesday night comedy anchor black-ish, which is considered an easy renewal. It's sitting middle of the pack when compared to the rest of ABC's shows, but middle of the pack is probably good enough for a renewal these days. It's also an ABC production, so Disney doesn't have to split profits with anyone.

The Bad News: If ABC really wanted to be mean, it could look at the numbers for The Kids Are Alright's second half of the season. Once The Conners left as its lead-in at the end of its shortened season, ratings for The Kids Are Alright dipped dramatically with American Housewife airing before it. That trend isn't going to change next season, but ABC will likely renew this.

Edited by AnnaRose
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, Phebemarie said:

Fingers (and toes) crossed that ABC does the right thing.  

I hope so!  Although they pulled it last week to air the Bless this Mess pilot for the second time, and then this week their website was listing American Idol until they finally changed it some time today.  (I was going to start the episode thread last night and I went to abc.com to double check first and it wasn't listed on their 4/30 schedule page.)  So after that goof-up, TVGuide must have pulled the new episode from their "New Tonight" listing page and failed to put it back today.  I hope these goof-ups didn't effect the ratings!  It's so annoying!  The Kids Are Alright deserves a much wider audience and needs every viewer they can get.

• Love 2

Like everyone else I really hope this gets renewed. It's sooo much better than the Goldbergs but I'm afraid a lot of people skipped it bc of the similarities.

• Love 1

Some potential bad news.   Cancel Bear has this as likely to be non-renewed.  Boo!  They have "Bless this Mess" as likely to be renewed.   I really hope not!!  This show is loads better than BTM.  

• Love 1

This show is crazy good. Of course it will be cancelled. Bless this mess looks awful.

This is the only new comedy this year that I thought was worthwhile. On network TV.

• Love 1