Type keyword(s) to search

S38: Keith Sowell

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Meet Keith

Hometown: Fayetteville, North Carolina

Current Residence: Durham, North Carolina

Personal Claim to Fame: Getting the Jackie Robinson scholarship, because I had never before achieved something on a national level. It still amazes me! They had over 3,500 applicants, gave interviews to 140 and awarded only 63. To be a part of that 63 still leaves me in awe and I know it’s only by God’s grace.

Hobbies: Writing and performing my poetry, tennis, playing video/board games, and going to the movies.  

Pet Peeves: When self-absorbed people talk about all the money they have and things they’ve done, and only actively engage in conversations when the topic is about them or their “equals.”

If You Could Have 3 Things on the Island What Would They Be and Why? My Bible, because it would be a constant reminder for me that God is always watching over me! My poetry book because my poetry gives me life! My Black Panther jacket because I’m a Marvel fanatic and it can always bring a smile to my face.

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like:  I relate to Jeremy Collins because that was a family man. He put his family above all else and played solely for them. My family is the only tangible thing I’ve always had since day one! They’re my reason for everything. I also think I’d love to rely more on social gameplay as he did and connect with people for longevity.

• Love 1

While there have been Survivors from NC before, and even a couple from Durham, this is the first time I have a chance of/have possibly already met one. I work for Duke, and I'm about 80% certain I've met him in my work capacity, and I know he's friends with some of my staff.  So, Team Keith! He seems like a good egg, and his resume is already impressive for one so young.

• Love 2

I like this guy.  I thought the scene of Reem and Wendy trying to help him with his swimming was one of the sweetest things to ever be seen on this show.  Not sure what his odds are, especially if his tribe thinks he's a liability.  Hopefully the longer he survives, the better chance the others have of getting on each other's nerves and he manages to blend in.

Overall his tribe is meh but I'm hoping he and Wendy can stick around.

• Love 2

I was sad, but not surprised, to see Keith go.  It really was the right decision for his tribe.  He seems like a nice kid.  Maybe he would have been better off doing Big Brother.

I didn't care for the whole 'what do I do God!' at the end when trying to make a decision.  It reminded me of Eliza Orlins theatrics.  And I just hate the whole cliffhanger part of it.  I'd be shocked if every Survivor voted off doesn't at least go check IOE and see what it's all about.    

I personally think there should be a time limit. If you're still deciding after ten seconds, then, surprise, you're out for real now! I mean, seriously, do you want to stay in the game or not? This can not possibly be that hard a decision.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

I personally think there should be a time limit. If you're still deciding after ten seconds, then, surprise, you're out for real now! I mean, seriously, do you want to stay in the game or not? This can not possibly be that hard a decision.

The problem is, Production wants it to seem like it's a hard decision. They want those dramatic (in their minds) "Will they or won't they?" cliffhangers.

• Love 3

So Keith and Wendy didn't know by quitting they were giving up the jury:

https://xfn-blogs.xfinity.com/tv/2019/03/28/survivor-castaway-keith-the-boredom-anticipation-and-reflection-breaks-you/

Holmes: Did you know that leaving the game would forfeit a position on the jury?

Sowell: Neither Wendy or I knew jury positions were up for grabs. Had I known, that would’ve added yet another level of excitement and complexity to the story and I would’ve stayed! But I still affirm that at that point, before knowing this, there’s a nice and complete period at the end of my chapter!

• Useful 1