Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E 17: E’ao lu’au a kualima (Offer Young Taro Leaves To)

• Start Topic

Junior is torn between his duties as a member of Five-0 and his feelings for his former girlfriend when her new love, the father of her son, is one of the culprits in a bank-heist-turned-homicide, on HAWAII FIVE-0, at a special time Friday, February 22 (10-11PM ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Episode directed by series star Alex O’Loughlin.

Original Airdate: February 22, 2019

SOURCE: https://cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/hawaii-five-0/releases/view?id=51929

I would think that Junior is a crack shot.  Even with just a split second to decide, I don't know why he couldn't aim a couple of inches over and shoot the guy in the shoulder instead of what looked like a direct shot to the heart.  It's not like he would have been trying to shoot the gun out of his hand or something.  

• Love 5

I agree he could have aimed differently, but also it could be seen as him doing what his old friend wanted. He pulled the gun on Junior knowing he'd have to shoot him, he said he couldn't go back to jail. He was trying to kill himself by Junior's hands.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, BooksRule said:

I would think that Junior is a crack shot.  Even with just a split second to decide, I don't know why he couldn't aim a couple of inches over and shoot the guy in the shoulder instead of what looked like a direct shot to the heart.  It's not like he would have been trying to shoot the gun out of his hand or something.  

I am glad I wasn't the only person thinking this.  He had plenty of time to make the decision because Tory telegraphed what he was going to do.

4 minutes ago, Artsda said:

I agree he could have aimed differently, but also it could be seen as him doing what his old friend wanted. He pulled the gun on Junior knowing he'd have to shoot him, he said he couldn't go back to jail. He was trying to kill himself by Junior's hands.

Maybe. But Junior also knew what Tory dying (and by Junior's hand) would do to his ex. I believe that he cares more about her than the boyfriend so it was still surprising to me that he aimed for the heart.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, Passepartout said:

You would think for a Seal he would be a marskman. Steve would had done it in a heartbeat. 

Junior needed to really aim it at the leg or at his arm. But his heart really?! Guy had Junior ex-girlfriend along with a baby, not Junior's.

Regarding the bolded & italicized: Small point... When you’re using the word “Seal” (or “seal”) in connection with Steve, & now Junior, & talking about his/their position in the Navy, it needs to be written in all capitals, as “SEAL”. In the case of the Navy, SEAL is a special warfare unit & the letters in the name stand for “Sea, Air, & Land”—the 3 places they conduct their missions. And yes, I know the E in “Sea” isn’t capitalized—but the Navy still capitalizes it in the acronym “SEAL”. They probably think the acronym looks goofy, or unprofessional, with a small e, or something; I kind of agree with them.

• Useful 2
20 hours ago, BooksRule said:

For television purposes shooting in the hand, arm, shoulder, or leg makes sense.  In real life a person shooting at law enforcement is deemed a threat and law enforcement are taught to shoot to kill.  So if we take that into account Junior did the right thing as a police officer, but I would also have preferred him to just wound the guy.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, SweetTooth said:

I'm sure Junior was taught to shoot center mass when someone is shooting at them, but I also would have preferred he just wound the guy.

However, I think what they're doing is opening up a whole other storyline between Junior and his ex.

I personally think the slap pretty much ended any chance of that storyline.  And in terms of the idea of Junior aiming for another part of the body, it is all about instinct.  It is realistic that it was center mass, that is what they are trained to shoot. 

IMO, everything was telegraphed and Junior knows Tory's intent and Junior just said that Tory was not a killer, IOW, Junior shouldn't have shot him at all knowing Tory was not going to pull the trigger.  

The slap pissed me off.  I understand that her boyfriend / baby daddy is dead and that sucks, but we're talking about a guy who used her phone to lure her ex to a secluded place for the specific purpose of torturing and killing him, after having been a part of killing two other people earlier the same day.  Plus, Junior tried to warn her about him. 

I think that Junior having to kill Tory was the final nail in the ever having possibilities with Leila, but he's a whole lot better off without her.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Was the boss Michael Ironside? I liked how he wasn't particularly impressed with the typical blue room antics. 

You got to be some dumb bankrobber to shoot someone out of hand. The people at the bank don't care about the money. 

It's not clear to me why Junior is so hung up on his ex. I get he wanted to give her a head's up but after that, whatever. 

Look at Adam being 'useful'!

On 2/23/2019 at 8:22 AM, Artsda said:

This is also Five-0. "We don't do nuance." The dude did pull the gun on him. If Junior actually did shoot him in the leg at that point, it would have been BS because, yes, you have to shoot center of mass. 

Junior could have just cracked "yeah blah blah" and shot him in the leg prior to all of that. Which would have been actually funny. 

Honestly, I'm just not buying all this Junior drama. I'm just not invested. 

On 2/25/2019 at 10:42 PM, Infie said:

The slap pissed me off.  I understand that her boyfriend / baby daddy is dead and that sucks, but we're talking about a guy who used her phone to lure her ex to a secluded place for the specific purpose of torturing and killing him, after having been a part of killing two other people earlier the same day.  Plus, Junior tried to warn her about him. 

Also rather cliche because the slapper always gets away with it. I hope it served enough to end this plotline. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, ganesh said:

Was the boss Michael Ironside? I liked how he wasn't particularly impressed with the typical blue room antics. 

You got to be some dumb bankrobber to shoot someone out of hand. The people at the bank don't care about the money. 

It's not clear to me why Junior is so hung up on his ex. I get he wanted to give her a head's up but after that, whatever. 

Look at Adam being 'useful'!

This is also Five-0. "We don't do nuance." The dude did pull the gun on him. If Junior actually did shoot him in the leg at that point, it would have been BS because, yes, you have to shoot center of mass. 

Junior could have just cracked "yeah blah blah" and shot him in the leg prior to all of that. Which would have been actually funny. 

Honestly, I'm just not buying all this Junior drama. I'm just not invested. 

Also rather cliche because the slapper always gets away with it. I hope it served enough to end this plotline. 

Old school Colonel Badass from V among other things Michael Ironside was indeed the brains behind the bank robbery