Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: The Tale of the Book of Secrets

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

After all these years, I am surprised Ken Lee stepped out in the public without wearing a surgical mask.

When Rich was giving his power point presentation to Patterson, Reade and Afreen, Patterson screamed "Oh my god! I got it". Rich followed her to the other room but no Reade and Afreen. I guess her enthusiasm didn't excite them, got bored and went back to their solitaire game.

Did they really film Patterson and Rich in Peru or was that some really good CG magic?

Weller was in tough decision: be by Jane's side or out on the field to obtain the cure. I like Patterson and Rich but would you trust Jane's life in their hands. They were real fortunate Weller tried to call Ken.

Madeline is slipping. She should have had Boston shot.

Roman is an ass to make them travel far and leave hard clues to find the book of herbal remedies. What if there was an earthquake and knocked everything off?

Edited by mxc90
8 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I wonder if the show realized that people like Rich.Com and Patterson way more than they like any of the other characters on the  show.

Considering the last episode, that's likely because their other subplots aren't interesting at all between the boring Jane/Kurt melodrama and whatever Zapata is even doing anymore.

3 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Roman is an ass to make them travel far and leave hard clues to find the book of herbal remedies. What if there was an earthquake an knocked everything off?

Apparently he wanted the team to go on an extensive treasure hunt after he died.

3 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Madeline is slipping. She should have had Boston shot.

For some reason, she's overcomplicating everything and making it easier for her to slip up.

• Love 1

Well, if NBC decides to cancel Blindspot, this episode could serve as the backdoor pilot for the Patterson and Rick Dot.Com show. And I'm not complaining. The actors have good chemistry and their banter is a lot of fun. 

So, is Jane actually cured? I hope so b/c I don't want to have watched twelve episodes only to find out that she can relapse and there would be even more episodes of her having the shakes, headaches, hiding it from the rest of the team, and then another scavenger hunt for the "real" cure. 

• Love 5

Nothing to add to the good comments above, all of which I agree with. Just wishing that Jane would hurry up and die, for Weller go off to some monastery somewhere, and for Patterson and Rich.com to get their spinoff show so I'd have something interesting to watch instead of this mess.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Free said:

Apparently he wanted the team to go on an extensive treasure hunt after he died.

I am waiting for the clue that leads them on a search for hours and hours through garbage.

• Love 1

Yay, TPTB finally listened and gave us the Rich and Patterson show we always wanted - plus the actors got a trip to Peru. Never mind the plot logic or lack thereof (never mind the plot logic was always this shows MO).

And don't you dare dissing Rich's fashion sense, Boston! He's the best dressed gent on this show.

Boston and Zappata do actually make a good team - even if they're trapped in a boring plot.

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Loandbehold said:

So, is Jane actually cured? I hope so b/c I don't want to have watched twelve episodes only to find out that she can relapse and there would be even more episodes of her having the shakes, headaches, hiding it from the rest of the team, and then another scavenger hunt for the "real" cure. 

Same here, I assume they'll go after Madeline for the rest of the season,

5 hours ago, mxc90 said:

I am waiting for the clue that leads them on a search for hours and hours through garbage.

Agreed or something that ends useless subplots like Jane/Kurt melodrama and whatever Zapata is doing anymore.

• Love 1

Great episode.  I loved the treasure hunt and the scenes shot in Peru (if they were actually in Peru and not some filming magic).   If they were actually there, was that actually Machu Pichu?  The real one would have been way more crowded in the middle of the day and no way would they have been able to dig up any grass.

Through the magic of streaming services and apps that act as DVRs for said services as well as a long commute, I have managed to catch up with this show.  In fact, I've watched it pretty much from the beginning in about a month.  I'm not sure what that says about me, but I have thoughts.  

1. Nice to see Weller not shoot or punch his way out of a problem again.  Hey, remember in Season 1 when he was more than just a lumbering meatball with a gun?  Good on you, Kurt, for figuring out what Lee was up to and solve it without drawing your sidearm.  Now if only we could get back to dialogue that isn't short and choppy and declarative.  It's been five seasons, you should be able to do a passable Yank accent by now, even if you're attempting Western PA. 

2.  Jaimie Alexander must have loved this episode.  A convenient turtleneck to cover up the fact that they didn't even bother with the tattoos. Not her best work here, but then again, this whole thing is hokey so I give her a pass.  Also, she acknowledged that Kurt/Sullivan Stapleton has some janky-ass teeth so points for that.  That tooth in the middle of his jaw just makes me wanna stick some braces on him.

3. I have literally no feelings on the Zapata storyline.  None.  Zero.  I acknowledge it exists but I neither like it or hate it.   As for Madeleine, she is such an amatuer big bad she won't get out of her own way.  I guess we're spending the remainder of the season chasing her down?  I'd say "snooze" except that Boston is involved now and his acerbic wit entertains me. 

4. Rich and Patterson ... Patterson and Rich.  I don't share the love and don't think these two could carry a spinoff.  Rich is great in small doses.  Patterson is great in small doses.  Together, holding down a majorly dramatic episode didn't do much for me.  Also, I'm expecting dramatic and emotional weight out of Blindspot, so I take it all back.  This one's on me.  Though the random Slipknot reference was oddly hilarious.  Also, I wonder if all of their explosion money went into a location shoot.