Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Fight or Flight

ohjoy

I had an idea of what was going to happen when Frank picked out the other hotel room.  It was used to good effect. 

I'm not a fan of the girl thus far, though I'm not sure how I feel about her being kidnapped by Frank.

I haven't looked at any of the preview material, so I wasn't sure if Madani would figure in this season.  I'm glad they didn't jump over what she went through, but I'm worried about how she will deal with whatever comes next.

I think Russo's mask is a reference to a real life therapy for military veterans as described in this article.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

So far the Frank stuff is interesting me a hell of a lot more than the Billy/Madani stuff. 

I am curious to know how they managed to track Frank though considering he drlve all night and when he left with the girl he pretty much killed everyone.

I did think they were going to end the episode with the cops showing up at the hotel so nice job with that show.

• Love 2

I really enjoyed Madani's character last season, and generally felt Billy Russo's development and personal relationship with Frank was mostly well done. That said, I feel like both of their stories were pretty complete as is, and their scenes don't really do anything for me. Jigsaw is a very different villain in the books, and the attempts to turn Russo into him are falling flat.

I would much rather they focus on Frank's new story- and hopefully start making Rachel less unlikable. I like the season thus far, but I feel like they need to kick wherever they're going into gear. I don't feel like there is enough plot in just the A (Rachel) and B (Russo) stories to take us an entire season as yet, and they run the risk of either waiting out the clock or else losing my attention.

• Love 2

I wish this season was a fresh start rather than continuing the Billy Russo story.   I had my fill of him last season and was thrilled to watch Frank smash his face into the mirror again and again.

I don't understand why Russo is wearing a Halloween mask in the hospital.   It's not exactly standard procedure, is it?   Yet there was no explanation why.

Maddie remains the bane of the season thus far, although the religious fanatic villain is running a close second.  Why do writers think religious fanaticism is all that interesting?  It's one of the biggest villain cliches out there, going all the way back to Night of the Hunter, if not earlier.

• Love 1

I thought she was with him willingly, so I was confused by his tying her up and gagging her. I guess it was supposed to be funny, but I didn't like it. Even if he's trying to keep her safe. 

She said he seemed to be relieved/happy for an excuse to hurt people. She doesn't know that he is trained to size up situations instantly, and react in a deadly manner. 

On 1/23/2019 at 12:10 AM, millennium said:

Maddie remains the bane of the season thus far, although the religious fanatic villain is running a close second.  Why do writers think religious fanaticism is all that interesting?  It's one of the biggest villain cliches out there, going all the way back to Night of the Hunter, if not earlier.

He reminds me of that character from Big Love. Creepy, but not as interesting or well-played. 

I remember spacing a bit on the first episode of the series (season one), but I'm not as pulled into this as I was in 2016. 

So, Maggie Sawyer from Supergirl turned her badge in and became therapist instead, huh?  Glad to see Floriana Lima again!

I do hope all of this stuff with Rachel is going somewhere good, because I'm finding her obnoxious and wished Frank could interact with more interesting characters again.  Hell, I'd rather Beth had been the target for some reason.

Russo is/was truly the worst, but it probably isn't healthy for Madani to be that focused on him.  There are plenty of psycho in the sea, Dinah!