Type keyword(s) to search

Law & Order: Criminal Intent - General Discussion

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Best part of this episode is Rodgers chewing out and firing the incompetent ME at the start who ruled the victim’s death not a murder, that was great. 

I still wonder if this was supposed to lead to some bigger story for Rodgers. I mean, I liked the scene, too, but it just seemed so abrupt.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I still wonder if this was supposed to lead to some bigger story for Rodgers. I mean, I liked the scene, too, but it just seemed to abrupt.

I don’t think so - not sure what it could’ve led to. But I liked Rodgers outrage at the lousy job her subordinate did, it showed her dedication to doing her job right. Rodgers got some nice moments on CI, it was nice that they gave her a large role in some episodes, she was awesome on the Mothership and CI, my favorite recurring character in the franchise along with Skoda. I really wish she would come back as the regular ME on the Mothership revival, don’t know what the actress is up to but it would be great to see her again. We’ve seen an ME a few times on the Mothership revival but they haven’t established a recurring character yet.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

I don’t think so - not sure what it could’ve led to. But I liked Rodgers outrage at the lousy job her subordinate did, it showed her dedication to doing her job right. Rodgers got some nice moments on CI, it was nice that they gave her a large role in some episodes, she was awesome on the Mothership and CI, my favorite recurring character in the franchise along with Skoda. I really wish she would come back as the regular ME on the Mothership revival, don’t know what the actress is up to but it would be great to see her again. We’ve seen an ME a few times on the Mothership revival but they haven’t established a recurring character yet.

I read somewhere that Leslie Hendrix just celebrated her 63rd birthday a week or two ago. (ETA: Yep, her birthday is June 5th.) I don't know what she has been up to, but it would be nice to see Rodgers again.

• Like 3
48 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I read somewhere that Leslie Hendrix just celebrated her 63rd birthday a week or two ago. (ETA: Yep, her birthday is June 5th.) I don't know what she has been up to, but it would be nice to see Rodgers again.

Rodgers is awesome - great ME and I liked how she was the connection between the Mothership and CI when in the later CI seasons it seemed totally detached from the franchise. Her scenes were always a highlight - I really wish L&O would bring her back in a recurring role as the ME. One of the things I’ve wished for on the Mothership revival is a recurring ME and a recurring psych expert, they need those roles filled. 
CI seemed to give Rodgers more scenes that the Mothership, she had great moments on both shows though. I really could’ve done without the hint of a romance between Rodgers and Ross though, Ross was such a Grade A turd. Watching the season 6 episodes today reminded me again of how they gave Ross a much heavier role than Deakins and that pissed me off since Deakins was such a superior character. 

• Like 3

Update on the search for Julian Sands: Apparently, human remains have been found near where Sands disappeared, but there is not yet positive identification.

It could be someone else, but - IMO! - the odds are against it. If so, it's a sad conclusion, but at least his loved ones will have a definitive answer after all these months...

• Sad 1

So, I went to look up some info for a recent repeat at IMDB, and somehow, I clicked fast and got the wrong show. Hee.

Seems a listing for the upcoming Toronto spinoff is now up [what I ended up clicking since I just read quickly!], and - per that listing - it is supposed to begin April 2024.

So, at least the mistake wasn't completely useless! 😋

• Useful 1

The remains found near a mountain where actor Julian Sands (Phillip Reinhardt, "Dramma Giocoso" from S5) was last seen hiking in January have been confirmed as his. Sad ending, but at least his loved ones have closure:

• Sad 3
On 6/1/2023 at 10:21 AM, WendyCR72 said:

ETA: With the embedded tweets in the article, I was surprised to see that Kathryn Erbe has a Twitter account. I obviously know VDO does.

VDO posts a lot more personal things. Kathryn uses hers mainly for social causes. I'm sure she's still burned on social media due to the stalker incident back when the series was on.

The remains found near a mountain where actor Julian Sands (Phillip Reinhardt, "Dramma Giocoso" from S5) was last seen hiking in January have been confirmed as his.

As most people said, at least he died doing what he loved. He was quoted as saying he was the happiest when hiking a mountaintop. Sad, though.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/13/2023 at 10:11 PM, WendyCR72 said:

We have all talked some about the original filmed finale that was never used. I know I posted it before, either here or in the old forum, but if anyone missed it, I found it - in better quality - in a video on YT.

If you search "Kathryn Erbe" on Dailymotion, most of the season 10 promos from USA turn up. The whole version is here:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xjf0zr

Is it me, or do they look like they're going on a date? ;-)

Edited by Shadow Lass
  • Love 1
On 6/13/2023 at 10:11 PM, WendyCR72 said:

I clipped it [with a bit of other scenes before and after, as it is so short]. Credit to the video maker and, naturally, USA. It's odd that the unused footage seemed to be used to promote said finale...

It's kinda like the old days when they did novelizations of movies and the books were released using the original script, to be ready when the movie was released, and then the movie was changed. My favorite example of this is John Wayne's Big Jake; the dog was supposed to be a black German Shepherd, and the book portrays him as such. In the film it's a black collie. It may be USA never got the reshot footage for the promo.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Shadow Lass said:

If you search "Kathryn Erbe" on Dailymotion, most of the season 10 promos from USA turn up. The whole version is here:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xjf0zr

Is it me, or do they look like they're going on a date? ;-)

Oooh, another goodie! Besides the unused ending, I don't think the scene where Bobby tells Gyson about how he can't keep going on as he is was ever used in an episode, either.

Makes me wonder just how much was left on the cutting room floor - and now I'm extra annoyed that none of this was used as extras on the S10 DVD.

Not sure it looked like a "date" with G/E, but the scene staging looked a bit more formal somehow! 😊

• Like 1

I just watched Renewal, this is a really strange episode, another one of the weird, melodramatic season 6 episodes, with the subplot about Logan and his neighbor. I’m not sure why that was thrown in other than to give yet another angsty subplot for one of the main characters. It’s another example of why I don’t care for season 6 much and I dislike how they suddenly threw in so much personal melodrama. I did love Logan mentioning Lennie Briscoe and how he found it hard to believe Lennie was gone, it was a nice mention. The case about the murdered police recruit was pretty good, but I would’ve liked more exploration of it and how he found out his girlfriend was a fugitive. In season 6 they lessened the complexity of the cases in favor of personal crap. It was interesting seeing Eames fill in for Logan at the end to make the arrest.

Amends is now on, this is a really nice feature for Eames. But I dislike how this was part of the whole shitting on Goren plot with how the higher ups disliked him and all, that just didn’t make sense to me. 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Amends is now on, this is a really nice feature for Eames. But I dislike how this was part of the whole shitting on Goren plot with how the higher ups disliked him and all, that just didn’t make sense to me. 

Yeah, but I liked how Goren made a perceived negative a positive in the evidence room, doing his "I'm a whackjob!" speech to help Eames get the evidence from her husband's murder.

And I liked Alex talking about the aftermath of Joe's death with Goren in the SUV as he drove. (Which was sort of surreal to see since Goren hardly ever drove on the show!)

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Yeah, but I liked how Goren made a perceived negative a positive in the evidence room, doing his "I'm a whackjob!" speech to help Eames get the evidence from her husband's murder.

And I liked Alex talking about the aftermath of Joe's death with Goren in the SUV as he drove. (Which was sort of surreal to see since Goren hardly ever drove on the show!)

It just pissed me off how they started having Goren portrayed as disliked by the higher ups, when there was no reason for that whatsoever. The new writers really wrecked the show starting in season 6, giving Goren so much baggage and adding in so much personal crap. I don’t know why they messed with the formula other than that they thought making the show a soap opera would attract new viewers. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

It just pissed me off how they started having Goren portrayed as disliked by the higher ups, when there was no reason for that whatsoever. The new writers really wrecked the show starting in season 6, giving Goren so much baggage and adding in so much personal crap. I don’t know why they messed with the formula other than that they thought making the show a soap opera would attract new viewers. 

Maybe they wanted to give VDO some meat to play? I like the cases, too, but without fleshing out the characters, one can argue the characters become expendable/interchangeable and anyone can solve a case...

So, perhaps it was a way to give VDO something extra.

The show did go overboard, no doubt. But maybe it was a way to try and keep things fresh.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

Maybe they wanted to give VDO some meat to play? I like the cases, too, but without fleshing out the characters, one can argue the characters become expendable/interchangeable and anyone can solve a case...

So, perhaps it was a way to give VDO something extra.

The show did go overboard, no doubt. But maybe it was a way to try and keep things fresh.

Maybe, but it was the worst decision the show ever made IMO. The characters were already compelling without all of the personal baggage and all they did was shit on Goren and take away his personality and instead make him miserable for a couple of seasons. And the show was always case centric. It seemed like the writers wanted to make the show more “trendy” in season 6 with more personal drama and more fancy camerawork and stuff in the style of CSI and all. As I’ve said before, season 6 is the worst IMO, the soapy crap drives me nuts - I love seasons 1-5 and can watch them over and over, but the show took a nosedive in season 6 and some of the soapy stuff continued into 7, even though 7 was better than 6. I like 8 better than most as it didn’t have much soapy crap, season 9 was just dull and weird, and the show finally regained its glory in season 10 and went out with a bang. 

• Like 1

Well, as I have often said, S10 also had new blood. Having someone that was not part of the usual Dick Wolf stable as EP seemed to give CI a jolt of energy, and it showed.

Makes me think Wolf should go for that again with his existing shows, but... *shrug*

• Like 3

Don't know why, but starting today, at 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m., Sundance will have a two-episode block, this one in S7, "Senseless" and "Purgatory".

Looking at listings, this appears to be an addition to Monday/Tuesday's longer blocks on Sundance, as two episodes are also listed for the next two Fridays. Not to mention the Thursday marathons on sister-channel, WE.

Just a heads up.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1

If anyone here still watches the Thursday WE marathons, another heads up: Today's circles back to S1, skipping S10 entirely. (As I type, the last three S9 episodes are airing in late night!)

But don't get too comfortable with Season 1. Because while S1 will be shown through early Sunday morning/late night, Wednesday's and Thursday's early-morning episodes go back to Season...7, with the last few episodes of that season, leading to the end of S7 and into Season 8 for next Thursday's marathon. Then the schedule has it going through S8 and S9 again.

Why? No idea.

However, Sundance is still in order and will overlap some as it is going into S8. The schedule has it eventually going all the way through, unlike WE, with S10 airing on Sundance on the 24th and circling around to S1 itself.

Remember, Sundance, besides Monday and Tuesday, now also airs two Friday episodes at 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. ET.

The WE schedule is just beyond weird. No clue why it goes to S1 then does the jump it has scheduled.

• Useful 3

So, last night, being too hot to do much else except stay near the AC, I watched a bit of Peacock with some old-school stuff (i.e. Silk Stalkings - don't judge me!) LOL! As well as early SVU and CI) to pass the night away.

One of the episodes I watched was Alex Cabot's first episode, the S2 premiere, "Wrong Is Right". And not having seen that one in...God, forever...I was a bit thrown when the young perp had the name of Michael Goren.

This aired in 2000, so about a year before CI. Clearly, Dick Wolf must have known someone with that name is all I can figure. As an aside, Cragen was rather sharp with Cabot, outright telling her that he didn't trust her. And, the very end, had Fin appearing as Jeffries was leaving, as she told Fin he was there for her job. As Fin said, that was awkward.

I just thought it was something how the name Goren popped up, as it doesn't seem as common as Smith, Jones, or Johnson, etc.

Early SVU was light years better, IMO. But...mileage.

As an aside, when I was watching CI on Peacock, the episode in the last five minutes or so cut out, and then began the next episode! Anyone else having such an issue with Peacock?

• Like 4

This aired in 2000, so about a year before CI. Clearly, Dick Wolf must have known someone with that name is all I can figure. As an aside, Cragen was rather sharp with Cabot, outright telling her that he didn't trust her. And, the very end, had Fin appearing as Jeffries was leaving, as she told Fin he was there for her job. As Fin said, that was awkward.

I saw that one yesterday too, on ION.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
17 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

So, last night, being too hot to do much else except stay near the AC, I watched a bit of Peacock with some old-school stuff (i.e. Silk Stalkings - don't judge me!) LOL! As well as early SVU and CI) to pass the night away.

One of the episodes I watched was Alex Cabot's first episode, the S2 premiere, "Wrong Is Right". And not having seen that one in...God, forever...I was a bit thrown when the young perp had the name of Michael Goren.

This aired in 2000, so about a year before CI. Clearly, Dick Wolf must have known someone with that name is all I can figure. As an aside, Cragen was rather sharp with Cabot, outright telling her that he didn't trust her. And, the very end, had Fin appearing as Jeffries was leaving, as she told Fin he was there for her job. As Fin said, that was awkward.

I just thought it was something how the name Goren popped up, as it doesn't seem as common as Smith, Jones, or Johnson, etc.

Early SVU was light years better, IMO. But...mileage.

As an aside, when I was watching CI on Peacock, the episode in the last five minutes or so cut out, and then began the next episode! Anyone else having such an issue with Peacock?

Yeah I remember the kid being named Goren in that SVU episode, another example of name reuse in the Dick Wolf universe. 
As for Cabot’s introduction, I think the reason why Cragen was hesitant to trust her was because his squad had just had to undergo psych evaluations and Stabler and Jeffries were forced to follow up on them, with Jeffries being transferred out of the squad as a result of the psych evaluations. So I think Cragen wondered if Cabot was assigned to keep an eye out on SVU and possibly further scrutinize the squad. The relationship between the squad and Cabot quickly got better though. I’m so glad Fin was introduced, him and Munch made for such an awesome pairing and Fin is still awesome. And yeah early season SVUs are indeed light years better than modern day SVU. But I guess we can discuss this on the SVU forum.

Back to CI, I saw The Third Horseman last night before I went to sleep, I love that episode with Goren/Eames tracking down the shooter, but as I’ve said before Carver irritates me in it, it seemed like he was letting his personal beliefs cloud his judgment, he got irritated when Goren called the guy a zealot and a terrorist, even though Goren’s description was accurate, the killer was most certainly a zealot. But it’s a good episode and I really like the investigation and case.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Xeliou66 said:

Back to CI, I saw The Third Horseman last night before I went to sleep, I love that episode with Goren/Eames tracking down the shooter, but as I’ve said before Carver irritates me in it, it seemed like he was letting his personal beliefs cloud his judgment, he got irritated when Goren called the guy a zealot and a terrorist, even though Goren’s description was accurate, the killer was most certainly a zealot. But it’s a good episode and I really like the investigation and case.

Agreed with all of this. I watched it last night, too. And - as professionally as was possible - I think Goren should have called Carver out on his bias.

We all have our beliefs, but when that goes against the tenets of the case, well...I think Carver should have left the attitude at the door or recused. (But then CBV couldn't be on, so I get why it didn't go that way.)

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Agreed with all of this. I watched it last night, too. And - as professionally as was possible - I think Goren should have called Carver out on his bias.

We all have our beliefs, but when that goes against the tenets of the case, well...I think Carver should have left the attitude at the door or recused. (But then CBV couldn't be on, so I get why it didn't go that way.)

Carver should’ve done like Ben Stone did back in the Mothership episode Life Choice, I think Stone had similar beliefs but he didn’t let it interfere with his prosecution of the case. I agree that someone should’ve called out Carver’s bias, Eames pushed back on him once but I think Deakins or Goren should’ve said something as well. It seemed like he was offended when Goren referred to the killer as a zealot and a terrorist, and that irritated me, why was Carver so concerned anyway about the feelings of the anti abortion movement? His job is to prosecute the case. He probably should’ve asked Nora Lewin to take him off the case.   
Aside from being kind of annoyed with Carver, I like the episode a lot. I loved the investigation by Goren/Eames in tracking the guy down and then in building the case against him, I liked how they figured out he was going after the judge and caught him red handed. Deakins had some good stuff as well in it. 

• Like 2
19 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Aren't Rey's daughters named Olivia and Serena or am I hallucinating?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, TakomaSnark said:

Aren't Rey's daughters named Olivia and Serena or am I hallucinating?

Just Googled, and you are correct! (It also listed a third daughter, Isabel.)

So it seems Dick Wolf and Company loved to recycle both first and last names. Especially Alexandra, Olivia, and Serena.

And for the guys, I recall many Franks.

• Like 3
(edited)
20 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Just Googled, and you are correct! (It also listed a third daughter, Isabel.)

So it seems Dick Wolf and Company loved to recycle both first and last names. Especially Alexandra, Olivia, and Serena.

And for the guys, I recall many Franks.

Yes there are 3 main characters in the franchise named Alexandra (Eames, Cabot, Borgia). You are correct they’ve had a bunch of minor characters named Frank throughout the shows, although Cosgrove on is the first main character named Frank on any show. I believe the only male name for a main character that has been used more than once is Mike (Logan and Cutter). One name that they’ve used for 2 rather prominent recurring characters that is very unusual IMO is Declan - There is Declan Murphy on SVU and Declan Gage on CI, and I think the name has popped up a couple of other times. I wonder if someone close to Dick Wolf has that name, because I’ve never known anyone named Declan.

Edit: There has been one other name used twice for main male characters - Joe - Fontana and Velasco.

Edited by Xeliou66
  • Like 3
31 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

Edit: There has been one other name used twice for main male characters - Joe - Fontana and Velasco.

Joseph Hannah on this show. (Also Jo - female form - Gage; Alex's late husband, Joe Dutton!)

• Like 3

Two of Wolf’s daughters are named Olivia and Sarina, and son Elliot per IMDB. The other kids are Rex and Zoe, who haven’t gotten characters.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, ML89 said:

Two of Wolf’s daughters are named Olivia and Sarina, and son Elliot per IMDB. The other kids are Rex and Zoe, who haven’t gotten characters.

You forgot Zoe Callas, the captain in season 9 of CI. She was a forgettable dull character though.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Poor Rex. Everyone got a character except him!

(Apparently, Alexandra is not the name of a Dick Wolf family member, though. So why the popularity with that name, I wonder? I love the name, but since it seems the other names have a connection, it does beg that question!)

ETA: Rex did have a L&O franchise character. Awww, his dad thought of him after all. LOL!

His character? Det. Rex Winters, Law & Order: Los Angeles!

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1

Found an old promo for the final season. And Kathryn Erbe/Alex's facial expression @0:06 cracks me up! As does Vincent similar expression @0:08. I do have my VPN on, so I'm not sure if this video can be seen without one. Just a heads up! ETA: Yep, you need a VPN, as I just reloaded after turning my VPN off. The Opera browser has free built-in VPN if you ever want to look!

• Like 2
On 7/16/2023 at 8:02 PM, Xeliou66 said:

One name that they’ve used for 2 rather prominent recurring characters that is very unusual IMO is Declan - There is Declan Murphy on SVU and Declan Gage on CI, and I think the name has popped up a couple of other times. I wonder if someone close to Dick Wolf has that name, because I’ve never known anyone named Declan.

It's a French name, I found out, and wondered if that had anything to do with Rene Balcer being part of the L&O team.

• Useful 3
5 minutes ago, Shadow Lass said:

It's a French name, I found out, and wondered if that had anything to do with Rene Balcer being part of the L&O team.

I was watching SVU the other day and I noticed one of the producer's last name was Barba.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Shadow Lass said:

Huh! It always sounded Irish to me. Oh, well!

9 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I was watching SVU the other day and I noticed one of the producer's last name was Barba.

Yup. Norberto Barba. He has also directed. (And was one of the staff that tweeted both VDO/KE in support of a CI revival when that talk hit over a month ago.)

Saw his name as one of the directors for one of the CI repeats a night or two ago, as a matter of fact. So he apparently wore both director and producer hats!

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Declan is an Anglican derivation of the Irish Deaglán.  You'll hear it in many episodes of episodic TV that find characters traveling to Ireland or Scotland or when folks of those nationalities come to the US.  

• Useful 1
15 minutes ago, Clawdette said:

Declan is an Anglican derivation of the Irish Deaglán.  You'll hear it in many episodes of episodic TV that find characters traveling to Ireland or Scotland or when folks of those nationalities come to the US.  

So, I wasn't completely off base? Cool!

I just watched The Good Doctor, I love this episode, it’s pretty straightforward but it’s really well done with a strong investigation, and as I’ve said before I love seeing Carver in court, he was awesome at the trial, and it’s really a shame CI didn’t go into court more often, Carver was a good character who was so underused. Kelmer was a compelling villain and I loved seeing how Goren got under his skin throughout and wound up getting the better of him. This episode had both Goren and Carver at their best. Really a fantastic story, not as many twists as most CI episodes and it was pretty obvious from the start what happened, but it was a compelling case. 

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I just watched The Good Doctor, I love this episode, it’s pretty straightforward but it’s really well done with a strong investigation, and as I’ve said before I love seeing Carver in court, he was awesome at the trial, and it’s really a shame CI didn’t go into court more often, Carver was a good character who was so underused. Kelmer was a compelling villain and I loved seeing how Goren got under his skin throughout and wound up getting the better of him. This episode had both Goren and Carver at their best. Really a fantastic story, not as many twists as most CI episodes and it was pretty obvious from the start what happened, but it was a compelling case. 

Yeah, that was a good early episode, and Peter Kelmer was so freaking arrogant. So, I was glad when G/E got him.

Still, as Alex said, they convicted because they didn't like Kelmer, not because of evidence.

However, just like Bobby responded to that, I'll take Kelmer getting what he deserves however it came about...

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Yeah, that was a good early episode, and Peter Kelmer was so freaking arrogant. So, I was glad when G/E got him.

Still, as Alex said, they convicted because they didn't like Kelmer, not because of evidence.

However, just like Bobby responded to that, I'll take Kelmer getting what he deserves however it came about...

Kelmer was a very effective villain, smug and arrogant. It’s an excellent episode, and it had Goren at his finest and it was awesome seeing Carver in court. It’s really a shame that they didn’t go into court more, Carver was a really good prosecutor who just wasn’t used enough. More straightforward than most CI episodes but still a very compelling and strong episode, and it was ripped very closely from a real case. 

• Like 4
On 7/31/2023 at 9:42 PM, Xeliou66 said:

More straightforward than most CI episodes but still a very compelling and strong episode, and it was ripped very closely from a real case. 

I figured as much as most early episodes were [maybe some later, too!]. I'd hope the perp in the real-life case is also rotting in prison, too!

There was another repeat actor in this episode, too: The actress playing Valerie's cousin, Barbara Garrick [best known from the now-defunct soap, One Life To Live], also showed up in "Cruise To Nowhere" as the widow of the victim [and whose own brother killed him!].

• Like 2
8 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I figured as much as most early episodes were [maybe some later, too!]. I'd hope the perp in the real-life case is also rotting in prison, too!

There was another repeat actor in this episode, too: The actress playing Valerie's cousin, Barbara Garrick [best known from the now-defunct soap, One Life To Live], also showed up in "Cruise To Nowhere" as the widow of the victim [and whose own brother killed him!].

Yeah the real life surgeon who inspired The Good Doctor episode is still locked up in Sing Sing. I think I mentioned this a while back here, he actually confessed to murdering his wife at his parole hearing a couple of years ago, he still didn’t get out though. It’s really interesting how closely The Good Doctor is based on this case - a Manhattan surgeon murdered and dismembered his wife in their apartment and dumped her remains out of his private plane into the ocean, and wound up being convicted of her murder without a body. It’s one of the CI episodes most closely based on a real case. It’s one of my favorite episodes from season 1 - there were a lot of really good ones, CI got off to an excellent start, and The Good Doctor is right at the top of my favorites from season 1.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

Funny how I never made the connection, but I was looking for something on the All Things Law & Order blog and came across another casting "repeat offender" on the show.

Maybe because the first episode he appeared in, "Wasichu" in S5, was so dull to me that it never registered, but the actor that played the husband of the Secret Service agent that was beaten to death in their home, David Alan Basche, later became murder victim David Kellen in "Last Street In Manhattan" in S10!

Someone on the blog joked that he finally got his comeuppance for being a sleazy hubby in S5. But I never connected it.

And, of course, David's "#2", Aston Skinner, was played by Eric Sheffer Stevens. And Stevens was Chili in "Depths" in S7. So it seems "Last Street In Manhattan" looked for some tried and trues for the roles.

(On a side note, I have often said that was my favorite S10 episode. Based on the blog, it seemed to be a big favorite over there, as well. And it was there that Alexandra Silber (Vanessa Colway) made a comment - from years before - how much fun she had filming the episode. So that was cool.)

And Julie White was a hoot as Stephanie Miller, and I liked Alex's obvious distaste for her vetting "soul mates" and whatnot. (Loved, when G/E went back to ask about David's ex, Nikki, how Stephanie replied, after discussing her finders' fee or whatever, "I've always been a romantic!" Bobby's expression after that cracked me up.)

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
On 8/6/2023 at 5:13 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Per the video below, which mainly discusses Daredevil. we can add another item to VDO's resumé, author!

Seems he wrote a children's book, called Pigs Can't Look Up. How cool!

He has two books out, actually, Pigs Can't Look Up, which is based on his most famous Twitter post, a cute picture book, and a book of his "ramblings" on Twitter, which is called Mutha (and features B&W "art" type photos by his soon-to-be ex-wife). My favorite bit in the latter book is the Girl Scout cookie piece, but I was totally surprised by his story about the Monkey Jungle place--I think I went there when I was a tiny kid, maybe three years old.

Edited by Shadow Lass
  • Useful 3