Type keyword(s) to search

UnREAL - General Discussion

• Start Topic

OK just finished the 4th season and the series.

I can't believe Rachel continued to be able to easily gaslight the contestants.  And these were all-stars so they've seen it before.

Also, why would anyone be surprised she was sleeping around?  She wasn't trying to hide it.  Shouldn't have taken the slut-shaming video because people would have been talking all along.

Yeah Rachel and Quinn saved themselves in the end.  I guess we're suppose to conclude that they will continue to get their way and make a ton of money.

But will they get better, particularly Rachel?

I agree with someone who said the first season writers moved on.  And my take is the replacement writers didn't like women.  And every writer hired thereafter liked them even less.  This whole show is like  "Im so sick of men always being the bad guy, women are way worse they suck and I'll show you how bad"

I have watched two seasons and I’ve come to the conclusion that the best relationship in that show is that between Quinn and Rachel.  I don’t believe they are lesbians as I do not sense a sexual tension.  They have terrific chemistry and they are intellectual equals.  Too bad they do not direct all of that mind power to something constructive!!!  😁😁

Edited by Kid
  • Love 1

I´ve finally watched season 4. I ´ve never liked Rachel and my dislike for her character only grew. She was disgusting this season and deserved to really suffer and have a horrible life. On the other hand, I´ve always enjoyed Quinn and Chet, maybe because we were never manipulated into rooting for them.

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 4

I finally got around to watching S3 and S4.

I thought S3 was okay - it was better than S2 - but it also just felt like more of the same. I was getting bored. 

But S4...daaaaaaaaaaamn. I'm glad I stuck it out through S3, because it was great to see the show go out on a high note with S4. It was back to S1 levels of greatness, and I think in the final episodes topped it. I understand now why Hulu made the decision to drop S3 and S4 together.

I don't know what's next for Quinn and Rachel, but I actually have some hope for them. Rachel on her own, I probably wouldn't, but Quinn seems set on not doing reality TV again. And Rachel seems to have found some peace now that Quinn's baby no longer exists. Quinn's line about not being meant to be a mother was nicely ironic, because of course she is a mother - Rachel's. And there wasn't room for a baby. Chet's still part of the picture, but he accepts Rachel's role in Quinn's life. The Rachel/Quinn relationship remains a co-dependent mess, but they have finally hit a weird equilibrium.

It really says something about Shiri Appleby's acting, and the (platonic) chemistry between her and Constance Zimmer, that I can spend the entire season thinking about how Rachel is the worst human being ever, and enjoying whenever things didn't go her way, and then still love her final scene with Quinn, however co-dependent it is.

• Love 1

Halfway through S2 and I really don't get why Rachel gets so many men, The actress is pretty and cleans up well, but Rachel is messed up, grubby, and must smell. I guess she's definitely different from the girls in the house?

• LOL 1
8 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Did this show get cancelled? All of the episodes of what appears to be a new season showed up in my VCR Friday morning.

This is Season 4 which was only shown on Hulu last year.  My series manager recorded all 8 episodes yesterday and I binge watched them all.  I’m pretty sure that’s the end of the series. Once you watch it you’ll see why. Enjoy the ride!

• Love 2

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. But I was. Rachel turning into Quinn: The Even Darker Side. Hard to create a character worse than Quinn, but they managed. She made Quinn look like an Earth Mother.

Edited by renatae

I'm late to this series - but I hate watched till the very end.

The only redeemable person on this whole damn series was Chet of all people.  

Rachel is a horrific person and a pig.  I'm not one to slut shame, but really.  I wouldn't sit in a chair after her without steam cleaning the fabric first.  I hate Rachel so much I will likely never watch the actress in anything else.  I actually hoped one of the characters would snap and kill her.  She would have deserved it.

• Like 2
(edited)
On 7/12/2022 at 4:16 AM, sskrill said:

I'm late to this series - but I hate watched till the very end.

The only redeemable person on this whole damn series was Chet of all people.  

Rachel is a horrific person and a pig.  I'm not one to slut shame, but really.  I wouldn't sit in a chair after her without steam cleaning the fabric first.  I hate Rachel so much I will likely never watch the actress in anything else.  I actually hoped one of the characters would snap and kill her.  She would have deserved it.

Thank you. I completely agree!

I just did a rewatch of all the series except for season 4 which I had missed for some reason so it was my first time watching that the whole way through. I remembered that I always hated Rachel, I couldn´t stand how every guy kept falling madly in love with her and yet she was disgusting (almost) all the time, I used to follow the discussion while the show was airing and felt completely alone in my opinion of her back then. Season 4 was difficult to watch, and almost boring in a way. Rachel kept making faces, her evilness and sleaze-factor became a joke. I wish she had suffered more. I wouldn´t even compare her to Quinn because Quinn was fun to watch, kind of a humorous villain mega-bitch. Rachel had none of her charms or reasons for doing mean and despicable things. Quinn was redeemed in season 4 until at the very end.

Edited by halkatla
  • Like 1

OMG I can see an earlier comment of mine from 4 years ago and it proves that I did watch season 4. How scary that I completely blocked it out, except for episode 1 :/ 

• Like 2