Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E22: Local Hero

• Start Topic

I wonder if Noah will mention this newly-found half-sister to Josh, the attempted date rapist slash pill box enthusiast half-brother the show forgot he had when his dad died.  Noah also maybe should have sought advice from Kelly given her experience with Joy, the half-sister the show forgot she had given she wasn't invited to her wedding.  But at least he can be a resource to Donna when she discovers her own secret half-sister next season.

• Love 9

I wonder if Noah will mention this newly-found half-sister to Josh, the attempted date rapist slash pill box enthusiast half-brother the show forgot he had when his dad died.  Noah also maybe should have sought advice from Kelly given her experience with Joy, the half-sister the show forgot she had given she wasn't invited to her wedding.  But at least he can be a resource to Donna when she discovers her own secret half-sister next season.

Well and don't forget that Dylan also has a secret half sister he did not know about until her mother conned him. Dylan would have a lot of advice to give about secret half-sisters, but it seems it is such a common thing with this group that maybe it is NBD.

• Love 4

My cookie idea: Brenda's Brown Butter Madelines. Because the cast needs to remember her at this point. I know it's too late for the contest, but I thought it should be out there. Happy new year to Sarah D, Tara, David, and their various animals.

• Love 1
On 28/12/2018 at 5:14 PM, ZeroDiscipline said:

Well and don't forget that Dylan also has a secret half sister he did not know about until her mother conned him. Dylan would have a lot of advice to give about secret half-sisters, but it seems it is such a common thing with this group that maybe it is NBD.

Apart from The Walsh twins, who even has “normal” sibling relationships (not counting the twincest): secret and/or unknown siblings: Kelly, Dylan, Donna/Gina. Siblings who vanish: Andrea, Valerie. Halfsiblings who are plot vehicles and not really persons in their own right: Steve, Kelly/David. 

• Love 1

One of the better bits of canon continuity came in this ep when Steve told Kelly and Dylan to wise up. I always thought it meant the most coming from him, since he'd been in love with Kelly for years, HATED when she dated Dylan, and openly egged on Brandon's coming onto her at the end of season 4. For Steve to set them straight meant a longtime mutual friend saw and endorsed the pairing. I think it was a missed opportunity not to put them back together earlier in season 10 and show actual growth in the relationship toward the end of the series. Just ugh at the histrionics and dramatics from Kelly. Why did she keep pretending with Matt when she was so obviously in love with Dylan? Just sloppy writing and lack of investment on the writer's part that any of Gina/Dylan and Matt/Kelly continued beyond this episode.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

One of the better bits of canon continuity came in this ep when Steve told Kelly and Dylan to wise up. I always thought it meant the most coming from him, since he'd been in love with Kelly for years, HATED when she dated Dylan, and openly egged on Brandon's coming onto her at the end of season 4. For Steve to set them straight meant a longtime mutual friend saw and endorsed the pairing. I think it was a missed opportunity not to put them back together earlier in season 10 and show actual growth in the relationship toward the end of the series. Just ugh at the histrionics and dramatics from Kelly. Why did she keep pretending with Matt when she was so obviously in love with Dylan? Just sloppy writing and lack of investment on the writer's part that any of Gina/Dylan and Matt/Kelly continued beyond this episode.

Because only Kelly could lead people on since it’s always “ complicated . “ how many complications do you have with different relationships in one lifetime ? Did she ever hear the expression , “ love the one you’re with “ ? She always fakes being in love with the person she’s with so she can feel sorry for herself and sneak around behind their back with the person she wants to be with.. why has every guy let her get away with this and they all still fall head over heels for her 

it’s the same thing on Dawson’s creek with Joey . 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Because only Kelly could lead people on since it’s always “ complicated . “ how many complications do you have with different relationships in one lifetime ? Did she ever hear the expression , “ love the one you’re with “ ? She always fakes being in love with the person she’s with so she can feel sorry for herself and sneak around behind their back with the person she wants to be with.. why has every guy let her get away with this and they all still fall head over heels for her 

it’s the same thing on Dawson’s creek with Joey . 

This is a really excellent parallel. I loved Kelly through season 4, and had very little use for her after that. She was truly terrible at relationships and never took the opportunity to look inward or grow from it. Instead, she pointed the finger at others - namely, Valerie. Then Gina. It was kind of ridiculous that she got away with deflecting for so many years. She just loved men fawning all over her.

Brandon gave a few mealy-mouthed pleas to her that she calm it down, but that's why I always loved her and Dylan together - he had no use for her shit and didn't let her put on the saintly act. He would throw their affairs in her face every chance he got and force her to confront her own feelings and behavior. That's why she had problems being with him. He held up a mirror. I think she liked pretending to be Miss Perfect with Brandon, but you can only lie about who you are for so long. At heart, she was basically a bad girl who spent 5 years in beige clothing. 

The "I Choose Me" crap was sickening. She didn't choose herself - she chose Cokehead Colin and two-timing her boyfriend with her ex! How anyone could ship her and Brandon after she spent almost the entire relationship demonstrating some pull to Dylan and then just MAKING OUT WITH HIM THE SECOND HE SHOWS UP just boggles my mind. With little to no preamble, she cheated on her boyfriend. And Brandon's reaction was to propose! In what world?!

It's good to see that Kelly hasn't changed at all 5 years later. She's still willing to sneak around with Dylan, who she really loves but with whom her sanctimonious ego suffers, while she berates and lords over her current, boring boyfriend (with whom she knows the relationship is doomed to failure because she doesn't really love him). 

Joey was the actual worst on Dawson's Creek, and frankly, I pitied anyone who ended up with her. Poor Pacey. 

Edited by thesupremediva1
  • Love 3