Type keyword(s) to search

The X-Files in the Media

I honestly have no idea what to think.  On one hand, it's like... trolls.   On the other hand, they know people speculate so why do this?  I mean they do have kids/families and junk so why feed into the frenzy even more?  But then... trolls. 

My head hurts.

I honestly have no idea what to think.  On one hand, it's like... trolls.   On the other hand, they know people speculate so why do this?  I mean they do have kids/families and junk so why feed into the frenzy even more?  But then... trolls. 

My head hurts.

Yea I know. lol My head hurts too and it's entertaining.

• Love 1

Maybe...they're actually into each other?? Who knows. I'm just glad they actually seem to be friends. I think they're beyond caring what people think/speculate anymore.

Maybe. And good for them. Tbh, never was a snogger back in the day and am not now. *shrugs* Just a Phile and a shipper. Me too :). Definitely and it's a good thing.

(edited)

Oh, I know.  I'm Tumblr right now... I'm freaking out a little.  Is this trolling?  Does this mean something?

Mean something? I mean, they seem to be having a good time, which is nice to see. I'd hesitate to read anything more into it than that. I just think it's fun to see them apparently enjoying each other's company. Also, Gillian dancing and playing tambourine is freaking adorable.

Edited by smrou
  • Love 2

Yep. :) And some of the comments are lol. And some are WTF?! Guess they didn't see IWTB ;). That was even more of a kiss XD. Some of them were even hostile towards shippers. 

They didn't have half a clue about snoggers XD. Guess they figure they're one in the same. Not true guys :P. One ships the characters, while the others ship the actors.

• Love 1

Yep. :) And some of the comments are lol. And some are WTF?! Guess they didn't see IWTB ;). That was even more of a kiss XD. Some of them were even hostile towards shippers.

That was a really funny article! It's good practice to never read the comments on any news article on the internet. :)

• Love 1

That was a really funny article! It's good practice to never read the comments on any news article on the internet. :)

Yep :). But I did comment about a few over on Haven for the heck of it. I just don't get some people sometimes. *scratches my head* Overreacting over a couple of little kisses. IWTB's was more of one. 

• Love 1

But IWTB was Mulder and Scully. This is David and Gillian, who are infamous for either hating each other, or being in a secret love affair. haha. Anyone who hasn't been part of the fandom to know all the ups and downs is going to have something dumb to say about it. I, for one, am just happy that they can be friends now!

• Love 2

But IWTB was Mulder and Scully. This is David and Gillian, who are infamous for either hating each other, or being in a secret love affair. haha. Anyone who hasn't been part of the fandom to know all the ups and downs is going to have something dumb to say about it. I, for one, am just happy that they can be friends now!

Fair point lol. 

Me too! :)

Yes. And it makes the anticipation for new episodes more intense.

Yep. And it makes it better imo. Chemistry wise. When both of them are in the game it only improves it.

All acting is imo is when actors draw on emotions and just up them, make them more intense.

Lmao XD, Tv Guide is reporting on it!

Here's the link.

And E! just did. My mom's comment about it was priceless. She's like 'they kissed!' XD. Too cute. Come on E!, they were trollin ya'.

I'm not gonna lie. As someone who has never really given much thought to the are they aren't they rumors, something about this week has really messed with my head. It doesn't really matter one way or the other, but Tuesday night definitely made me wonder.

So basically, consider me successfully trolled. Lol

• Love 2

I'm not gonna lie. As someone who has never really given much thought to the are they aren't they rumors, something about this week has really messed with my head. It doesn't really matter one way or the other, but Tuesday night definitely made me wonder.

So basically, consider me successfully trolled. Lol

Same here. lol Yep. Definitely. lol Those kids :P. It's going to be a LONG wait. Worth it though as long as Chris doesn't screw it up. He's got something really special here.

Came across this via shit between us.

All I can say is wow. 

• Love 2

Same here. lol Yep. Definitely. lol Those kids :P. It's going to be a LONG wait. Worth it though as long as Chris doesn't screw it up. He's got something really special here.

Came across this via shit between us.

All I can say is wow.

I read that last night! IF that report is actually true, then I'd put money on something more than strictly platonic friends. They may not be an official couple, but that's still SOMETHING. I feel this way mostly because of David. He's always seemed guarded about how people perceive them and their friendship,and now he's all whatever about it all.

• Love 1

I read that last night! IF that report is actually true, then I'd put money on something more than strictly platonic friends. They may not be an official couple, but that's still SOMETHING. I feel this way mostly because of David. He's always seemed guarded about how people perceive them and their friendship,and now he's all whatever about it all.

Yea just found it this morning myself. Word. I just saw a bit of the vid, thanks to XFN posting it. And holy shit. That's all I can say there. I'll be doing a relisten before linking to it though. 

I think he said maybe. But still the reaction was crazy XD.

Here's the link starting at 0:37, let me know what you think.

• Love 1

I just think they're both hilarious in regards to this whole thing. I can practically see them backstage, planning it all and laughing their asses off.

Exactly! That's where I'm at regardless. This is just too fun.

I just think they're both hilarious in regards to this whole thing. I can practically see them backstage, planning it all and laughing their asses off.

I'm simultaneously hating and loving them right now.

Yea just found it this morning myself. Word. I just saw a bit of the vid, thanks to XFN posting it. And holy shit. That's all I can say there. I'll be doing a relisten before linking to it though.

I think he said maybe. But still the reaction was crazy XD.

Here's the link starting at 0:37, let me know what you think.

Are you talking about the maybe/baby controversy? When she comes out on stage? If so, I can kinda hear baby but its not really clear enough for me to feel sure.

I'm simultaneously hating and loving them right now.

Are you talking about the maybe/baby controversy? When she comes out on stage? If so, I can kinda hear baby but its not really clear enough for me to feel sure.

Me too. More on the latter though XD.

Yep. I heard the question he was being asked, so I thought he was going maybe in regards to the song (just saw it again in context, it's a maybe). But who knows? :P

Either way, Chris is gonna have his hands full XD.

And David tweeted at Gillian.

Shit lol.

*goes to check to see if Twitter exploded :P*

He wants to do it again, how cute :). I think it was all planned (the singing and the XF stuff), but meh. Too damn cute.

Lmao XD. Forgot they were going to be starting to film again in June. Thanks you guys! :P My brain leaked out of my ears for a bit there.

• Love 1

I think it was all planned (the singing and the XF stuff), but meh.

David said that he was the one who planned that Gillian would come out and surprise the audience.

I love what he said later in an radio interview that her being on the stage and singing with him was "magical" and that he was happy that she was able to share in this aspect of what he's doing.

I'm also starting to think that there might be something going on with them. I think a real relationship would be hard because they live on different continents, but I do think there seems to be a lot of love between them (it could all be platonic love though). I don't want to speculate too much about it, but now I just wouldn't be surprised if they ever do announce that they're together. 

• Love 2

David said that he was the one who planned that Gillian would come out and surprise the audience.

I love what he said later in an radio interview that her being on the stage and singing with him was "magical" and that he was happy that she was able to share in this aspect of what he's doing.

I'm also starting to think that there might be something going on with them. I think a real relationship would be hard because they live on different continents, but I do think there seems to be a lot of love between them (it could all be platonic love though). I don't want to speculate too much about it, but now I just wouldn't be surprised if they ever do announce that they're together. 

Yea I heard about that over on Haven. Too cute.

Exactly. Good way of putting it.

A new article -- His reaction to reading the first script, etc.

Da feels :P. Iz a puddle of dem right about now.

The quote that caused them:

AP: Revisiting "X-Files," what's it like getting back into that?

Duchovny: I actually just got the first script and found it was a very oddly emotional moment. I scrolled down on the script I saw the name Mulder and dialogue underneath it; I actually started to tear up. I didn't expect that at all.

• Love 3

Lol XD. Yea I saw that.

I was partially going off of the question the fan asked and the fact he wasn't facing her when he said it.

But either way. Too cute :P.

Lmao XD Someone on there blogged a photoshopped pic of them on the old Fleetwood Mac 'Rumours' Album cover. It's too funny. One of the best photoshop jobs I've seen in a long time.

Also, some interesting speculation. They bring up some good points.

Ahgsfsdfs... she tweeted back.

I'll follow you anywhere my little legs will carry me Double D. Within reason.

Source: her Twitter feed

*snicker* You trolls :P.

Funniest random tweet back to them: @GillianA @davidduchovny blocked, reported, my mom will be calling your mom

XD Too funny.

I'm actually glad for the clarification.  That way I know not to make the same mistake in the future if/when they act similarly.  I'll admit to thinking there was something there, and I've never been one to buy into the David/Gillian rumors.

• Love 1

I'm actually glad for the clarification.  That way I know not to make the same mistake in the future if/when they act similarly.  I'll admit to thinking there was something there, and I've never been one to buy into the David/Gillian rumors.

Me too. I got a good laugh from it though tbh. And it's cool that they're friends and on the same level :).

Yea I never did either. Actually he said a little more on it today too.

Here's the interview

Source: tvline.com

And here are the quotes:

“The whole thing about Gillian and I dating is so weird. It’s never happened, it’s not going to happen, we’re friends,” he says. “I don’t want to rain on anybody’s parade, but no, it’s not gonna happen. It hasn’t happened.”

“I see Gillian, I kiss her hello. She’s my friend. If somebody gets a picture of that, if it’s on stage and she comes up to sing with me, I’m going to kiss her hello,” he says. “I wish the show would be enough. I don’t understand why people want more from Gillian and I. I really don’t.”

He adds: “You can have Mulder and Scully, and that’s gonna have to be enough.”

Word on all of it! I don't either.

Please excuse this mini rant:

I wish they would both just put stipulations in their interviews that they don't want to be asked about their relationship. Nothing they say is new or has ever changed (although now at least David can admit that they're friends). Their comments on this topic bring out such bad elements in this fandom that it really makes it hard to enjoy being a part of it sometimes. The people who want them to be together can be annoying, but the people who insist that David is victimized by the fans' desire to see him with Gillian and that he would never be with her because she's so clearly beneath him are truly, truly nasty. This message board is cool, but the other ones I frequent feel overrun by these "fans" that make it their mission to create divisions in the fandom.

Anyway, I'm hoping that this media attention doesn't cause them to pull back on their displays of friendship from now on. I was looking forward to all the cute twitter action we might get during filming :)

• Love 3

Please excuse this mini rant:

I wish they would both just put stipulations in their interviews that they don't want to be asked about their relationship. Nothing they say is new or has ever changed (although now at least David can admit that they're friends). Their comments on this topic bring out such bad elements in this fandom that it really makes it hard to enjoy being a part of it sometimes. The people who want them to be together can be annoying, but the people who insist that David is victimized by the fans' desire to see him with Gillian and that he would never be with her because she's so clearly beneath him are truly, truly nasty. This message board is cool, but the other ones I frequent feel overrun by these "fans" that make it their mission to create divisions in the fandom.

Anyway, I'm hoping that this media attention doesn't cause them to pull back on their displays of friendship from now on. I was looking forward to all the cute twitter action we might get during filming :)

Word. 

I think they both have been pretty even handed about it as of late. But maybe a comment to the media might make them (the media) back off. It's settled. Exactly. It gets to the point where I want to bash my head against a pillow. Seriously?! It's not worth getting upset over. *shrug*  Definitely. It's not just those fans either, the ones who are against Chris (I've seen a few of them around) are just as bad. 

They all need to get a life. Best way I can put it. Both D & G and Chris for that matter have moved on. Chris has been getting along with Darrin and Glen Morgan and James Wong, and D & G are friends. It's water under the bridge.

Exactly. It would be a damn shame :(. They have very good chemistry, and it would be sad if it was reined in due to some bad apples in the bunch.

• Love 3

Can I bash my head into a wall? :D

Dear TvGuide, Shippers are NOT Snoggers! They're 2 separate entities. Thank you. One is a fan of the characters being together and the latter is a fan of the actors getting together!

Here's the link.

Left a modified version of that comment on the site for the heck of it :P.

(edited)
Dear TvGuide, Shippers are NOT Snoggers! They're 2 separate entities. Thank you. One is a fan of the characters being together and the latter is a fan of the actors getting together!

Eh, the word "shipper", while originally only applied to Mulder and Scully, is used much more broadly now including for/by people who ship real people. I've seen plenty of people use the term "DD/GA shipper" and have since long before I ever encountered the term "snogger" (when did that come about anyway?). So I don't see anything wrong with the use of the term in that article.

Edited by smrou
  • Love 1

Eh, the word "shipper", while originally only applied to Mulder and Scully, is used much more broadly now including for/by people who ship real people. I've seen plenty of people use the term "DD/GA shipper" and have since long before I ever encountered the term "snogger" (when did that come about anyway?). So I don't see anything wrong with the use of the term in that article.

Fair point. But I still get a wee bit bugged by it. They could have used the term you mentioned instead of the umbrella one that they did use.

I think it was during the show, don't know when either though.

I don't too much, but it doesn't hurt to draw the distinction though. Since not all of us care about that aspect of things.

(edited)

What is a snogger?  Snogging means making out (in British slang), I know, but I've never heard snogger.

Sorry; didn't see that you'd explained it.  I've never encountered that term before (but, then, I tend to run and hide from such people).

Edited by Bastet

What is a snogger?  Snogging means making out, I know, but I've never heard snogger.

As far as I know, a snogger is a person who is a fan of the real life actors getting together in real life.

That's as much as I know as well.

Here's what Urban Dictionary says on the matter. 

Note: it's wee bit harsh on it, but sadly rather truthful too.