Type keyword(s) to search

The X-Files in the Media

Top Ten Pieces of Sexist Crap?

Exactly. I hate it.

On what Top Episodes List would First Person Shooter ever appear on?!

I meant in regards to episodes that make you go NGUGH. It wouldn't ever be on a top ten list for me.

Official. Six episode season ordered. Duchovny, Anderson, and Carter are on board.

Sweet! Tvline has said it as well. So there are two sources.

So excited! It's official (finally)!

“I think of it as a 13-year commercial break,” said X-Files creator Chris Carter, who will oversee the new episodes. “The good news is the world has only gotten that much stranger, a perfect time to tell these six stories.”

What Chris said pretty much seals the deal imo.

This is just so wild. I'm soooooo excited but also nervous as hell that it's going to suck. But we get Scully! And Mulder! How can I not be excited?! 

Chris Carter better not fuck this up too badly. 

• Love 4

That's my thought process, too, smrou.  Same with when IWTB was announced -- I'm part excited, but mostly holding my breath and thinking, "Don't fuck this up, Chris." 

He has to be as stung by IWTB's reception as anyone, though, and that should be motivation to capitalize on this opportunity to redeem the franchise.  And I think a short-run series on TV is a much better venue for it than film.

However, rushing into production this summer is my big stumbling block, and I mean big.  He better be further along in his thought process for this project than he's been all these years for a third film.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 1

Wow. Just wow. Cannot believe they are coming back. I have to say I am actually surprised that Duchovny and Anderson decided to do it, but a 6 episode mini-series I think might be fun for them. So looking forward to this. Let's hope they do the X-Files justice.

Does this mean I have to actually watch season's 8 and 9 now? Hmm.....

Wonder if they are doing this as a precursor to hype up a new X-Files movie. I seem to remember that being hinted upon recently. Or will this be the movie replacement??

From EOnline: The X-Files is Officially Coming Back.

• Love 1

According to a friend, GA just tweeted "Mulder, it's me."

I'll remain more nervous than excited until we get some spoilers, because I don’t trust CC as far as I can throw him, but I’m glad this came together if for no other reason than it puts off Fox's thoughts of a reboot for many years. 

• Love 5

I'll remain more nervous than excited until we get some spoilers, because I don’t trust CC as far as I can throw him, but I’m glad this came together if for no other reason than it puts off Fox's thoughts of a reboot for many years. 

She did :). I screen shotted it and saved it to my computer.

That's how I feel about it too tbh, Chris's writing has been shaky for some time now imo.

• Love 1

Wow. Just wow. Cannot believe they are coming back. I have to say I am actually surprised that Duchovny and Anderson decided to do it, but a 6 episode mini-series I think might be fun for them. So looking forward to this. Let's hope they do the X-Files justice.

I still can't bring myself to do it. I got to the point where Mulder was abducted and I said "Thanks, but no thanks." Can't watch the show without him. I am pumped for the reboot though, since it will be Mulder and Scully.

I guess it should have its own thread now that it's official, but for now I'll just mention something I forgot to comment on:

a perfect time to tell these six stories.

This makes me hope these will be six MOTW episodes.  With the same themes that always held the show together, of course, but largely self-contained episodes.  Because if it's a mytharc spread out over six episodes, I'll be sitting there like, "Blah, blah, ooh, Scully is so pretty, blah, blah, aw, they're so great together, blah, blah ..."

I'll be sitting there like, "Blah, blah, ooh, Scully is so pretty, blah, blah, aw, they're so great together, blah, blah ..."

I'm pretty sure that's how I'll be almost no matter what. But I kind of agree that they should be MotW episodes even though I think a lot of people will find that unsatisfying. Just because if it's going to be mytharc it kind of has to be all mytharc--6 episodes isn't enough time to tell a complete mytharc story and also have some episodes focus on MotW--but that means it would be just one story and if CC screws that up that's it. The reason I think a short run of episodes is preferable to a movie is because it means that it could be some good and some bad. If it's all one story arc there's a much higher chance of it being all bad.

• Love 1

From Variety: The X-Files Revival. God I love FOX right now. First, they give me back my Sleepy Hollow, and now this. So Excited!

The reason I think a short run of episodes is preferable to a movie is because it means that it could be some good and some bad. If it's all one story arc there's a much higher chance of it being all bad.

I think with only 6 episodes though, I see it being more like a mini-series. Like, there will be a connecting arc throughout the six episodes, that come to an amazing conclusion - one that closes the series (no movie) or even better, opens it up for a movie.

I still can't bring myself to do it. I got to the point where Mulder was abducted and I said "Thanks, but no thanks." Can't watch the show without him. I am pumped for the reboot though, since it will be Mulder and Scully.

Maybe I'll just read up on what happened!

Everyone is going to think I'm insane here but hear me out... I watched them as part of a rewatch not too long ago, and while they're not excellent or anything I think knowing that Mulder would be back eventually made them much easier to watch and really Doggett is kind of a fun character. It's neat to see Scully in the Mulder role kind of.

I literally started crying when I saw that. I have issues.

• Love 1

I feel so lost and confused right now.  Like what does this mean?  What do I do with myself waiting for this to air?  How do I function and deal with daily life?  Is this a dream?

confused.gif

• Love 3

Where is the Kermit flail gif when you need it?  Aaaaah.

On the other hand, I want to believe this will not suck.

I recently rewatched season 8 and most of 9 too (I stopped before William) and Doggett is pretty awesome.  All in all they were mostly good episodes, or at least better than I remembered them being. 

• Love 2

I'm so happy right now! And crossing my fingers for MotW episodes.

I'm crossing my fingers for mythology ones tbh since this is supposed to be closure for M & S.

4. Ditch Mulder and Scully’s romance: Mulder and Scully were awesome as investigative partners with some romantic chemistry. As actual romantic partners … not so much. Some will disagree, but if we’re picking up this story years later and we learn their relationship hadn’t worked out, it would add some playful tension and be more interesting if they’re back to being professional again. And you know, there was something that felt even more like kissing-your-sister than anything on Game of Thrones whenever this happened:

Source: http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/24/x-files-revival?hootPostID=3ddd0493277544de2b45576bfd4262d7

Seriously EW. /facepalm Definitely disagree on this one. They can only do so much with the tension. They did that for SEVEN years. Get over it EW. -_- They're a couple.

• Love 1

I have a feeling I'm not going to do anything productive with my life for quite some time.

Is it wrong that I'm hoping the 6 episodes are wildly popular and, not on any sort of regular schedule or anything, they keep doing episodes here and there? 

• Love 4

You mean like they do with Sherlock? If the writing is good, I would NOT have a problem with that. Not.at.all.

I wouldn't either, as long as they make sure to mention when it'll be on. I'd hate to miss any episodes. And have them available on demand :). It would be good in case anyone misses an episode.

Hey everyone - just a quick heads up and "Oh, lookie! A new thread" announcement.

If you guys want to comment and speculate about the Six episode event series, but with NO spoilers in the thread, go to this thread: The X-Files Will Return for a Six-Episode Series.

If you want to speculate about what's going to happen, and also discuss spoilers that are released, go to this thread: The Six-Episode Event Series: The Truth is in Here.

Otherwise, this thread should be used for any media releases about the show and the series, but not go into detailed discussions on it. Cheers!

• Love 1

Oh yes, I remember those. If I recall correctly, that's David's actual dog, named Blue! She's part Border Collie and sadly began my obsession with that breed of dog. I've had two since...

Edited to add: I'm not sad about my dogs, I'm acknowledging that it is sad that my adoration of DD induced my love of this breed.

Edited by mledawn
  • Love 1

This is not media (well it's media, but not likes news media), but I wasn't sure where to dump it so here you go.... I found this some time ago, but never shared it here, but if anyone else is also a Sherlock fan:

Needless to say, I am easily amused.  :)

Edited by queequeg
“I am reprising the role of Dana Scully,” she says. “We’re going to do six episodes this year in Vancouver, starting in June. We’re gonna have to be pushed around in wheelchairs – I’m 46 now. It’s Crazy. Really crazy. The fact we were even doing any more episodes was never on the cards, so I think I’m still in denial.”

And why does the show remain so enduringly popular? “It was basically David [Duchovny] and I being the most brilliant characters in the history of television,” she says with a smile.

Source: http://www.thenational.ae/arts-lifestyle/film/mefcc-the-x-files-gillian-anderson-is-the-star-celebrity-at-comic-con

I'm XD at the wheelchairs part and *shrug* at the denial part (I figure she was surprised/kidding, but I do remember that they wanted a movie over this so that's where my reaction came from). So you didn't get another movie XF wise this time around, big deal =D. At least you have a job. There are plenty of people out there who aren't as fortunate or as lucky and are still looking for work.

Yea you guys were good characters, but not THAT (most brilliant, yea right XD) good. --> My response to ANY bs answer: -_- (And yes I know it's sarcastic (what she said), but honestly anytime an actor says something like it, my reaction remains the same due to their comment being so over the top)

The above is my opinion. Please don't take it in the wrong light. I still love the XF, just a little bit of the interview bugged me somewhat.

She has several jobs, actually.

I didn't take it that way at all; Fox has been saying no to CC for so long, I think everyone involved figured this TV revival talk would go the same way as the movie talk did for years -- nowhere.  So when a few short months later they're getting ready to film, I imagine all their heads are spinning a bit that Mulder and Scully really are going to come to life again.

• Love 2

She has several jobs, actually.

I didn't take it that way at all; Fox has been saying no to CC for so long, I think everyone involved figured this TV revival talk would go the same way as the movie talk did for years -- nowhere.  So when a few short months later they're getting ready to film, I imagine all their heads are spinning a bit that Mulder and Scully really are going to come to life again.

Ah yea guess I was just viewing it from a RL perspective (non aggressive one -- just another view point). *shrug* No big deal.

I know that she's involved in more than one project, and I didn't leave it out of context. I was only going in relation to people not being fortunate enough to be able to choose what they want to do.

Seconded on that too. I can see how it might be rather surprising. That things are moving as fast as they are now.

A little something light I came across via Twitter that's on Tumblr originally: the Super Soaker fight between G and D!! I love that one. Used to have one like the one she used too :).

Wow is all I can say here (along with major 4th wall breaking lol).

NBC has some guts. Check out the new trailer for David and Gillian's shows, seem familiar ;)?

Thanks for XFN for sharing the link originally via Twitter.

They have some really smart ad people there. Very shrewd move.

That made me laugh out loud.  I'm not interested in his show (sorry, I can't remember the title), and still haven't got around to watching the Hannibal season one Blu-Ray I bought, what, two seasons ago, and don't know when I will, so it's not effective in the way the network intended, but the font and DD's dialogue ... well played, NBC.

I still can't believe this is happening people.... X-FILES!!!  COMING BACK!!!!

I know!! I'm so excited! I always hoped this would happen, but after IWTB, I thought for sure there would never be another installment. And especially after 2012 came and went, I was even more convinced that it wasn't going to happen. I'm so grateful that David and Gillian have been so loyal to the show and have managed to fit this in their busy schedules. 

I'm also so grateful that the X-Files fandom has always remained so active and dedicated :)

• Love 1

I know!! I'm so excited! I always hoped this would happen, but after IWTB, I thought for sure there would never be another installment. And especially after 2012 came and went, I was even more convinced that it wasn't going to happen. I'm so grateful that David and Gillian have been so loyal to the show and have managed to fit this in their busy schedules. 

I'm also so grateful that the X-Files fandom has always remained so active and dedicated :)

So am I on both counts! :)

Bad news, NBC pulled the trailer and made the Youtube version private :(. Guess someone at Fox had a cow -_-. Dude, it's not even close to XF. It was in good spirit. *ugh* I hate when some folks ruin something for others. It's free publicity, and it wasn't even using any of the images from the show.

New interview with Chris Carter in The Globe and Mail - includes this frustrating piece of information: 

Will storylines be wrapped up?

Because it’s The X-Files, I’ll say there’s a distinct possibility that they will not.

Sounds like he'll leave it slightly open for a movie or a season 2. All depends on ratings, and FOX deciding to commit to a second season/movie/whatever. Makes sense, his answer. Why not leave all opportunities open, right?