Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Wishlist

ulkis

(edited)

My big want? Crazy accents! I'm already disappointed Megan Follows didn't get to ham it up with an Italian accent, and none of her relatives have accents either! The people from Bohemia didn't have an accents either. Oh well, I guess Mary's brother had a Scottish accent. Still! More accents are needed!

I need Francis to either cut his hair or grow it out. The 90s boyband look makes me not take him seriously.

Obviously, my wants are not too profound over here..

Edited by ulkis

I want Greer to give Leith the most scalding verbal beatdown of his life after the way he treated her. I also want the show to futz with history and only stage Francis's death, and have him continue on the show under a new identity.

• Love 2

that the writers kill off Bash instead of Francis

Mary and Francis as Henry and Cat 2.0...not quite as evil though. But I want their relationship to have a similar dynamic.

Baby lives, Lola dies. Lola gets the least interesting story lines, along with Bash. They can both go. The new King's bastard has more potential.

I want Greer to give Leith the most scalding verbal beatdown of his life after the way he treated her. I also want the show to futz with history and only stage Francis's death, and have him continue on the show under a new identity.

How did Leith treat Greer? He's pissed and let her know but that's it. Seems he's going to be moving on, which I like.

(edited)

Mary's brother had a Scottish accent.

that the writers kill off Bash instead of Francis

I want more Scots and less Mary, and a death sentence for Bash.  If they want Francis to have a brother, they can age his real brother Charley.  As far as I'm concerned, the handmaidens can all jump off a cliff.  Catherine and Francis should be manipulating Mary, but it's probably going to be the other way around, thus highlighting the wrong actress.  Catherine should get a lover or two now that Henri's dead.  I don't care that much about Nostradamus.  An appearance by Elizabeth Tudor with a French ambassador would be nice.

Edited by atomationage

This should be in a spoiler thread but I don't see one. So, warning:spoilers.

TVLine spoilers: 

http://tvline.com/2014/06/26/castle-season-7-did-bracken-kill-rick-spoilers/

It’s going to be a long, dry summer without Reign. I’ll take anything you can give me to hold me over. –Christina

All told, series star Adelaide Kane foresees an “intense second season,” based on how the freshman run ended. “I’d say we have a lot of stuff – and a darker direction — to look forward to,” she told me, adding that she hopes to share more scenes in the future with Caitlin Stasey (who plays Kenna). P.S. “Dry.” Reign. Excellent wordplay.

I want Bash/Kenna to last and be stable and adorable. I only really got into this show when they got together because before that I was like, oh another love triangle with a girl and two brothers? How original, CW. But they seem to have moved away from that a bit, which is good because seriously Mary/Francis is an explosive enough combination with just about a bazillion organic struggles and obstacles in their way, there seriously was no need to add "hot older brother" to the mix, except the squeals of a million Delena shippers in the ears of the execs.

I want Elizabeth and I want her to give Mary a smackdown. Mary isn't out of Bella/Elena territory at all, as far as I'm concerned, and I think a lot of that is due to the actress. If someone with more of an edge was portraying her I'd could see her as this potentially darker, ambiguous character they seem to want her to be (but of course only sometimes, other times she's our universally beloved special snowflake heroine), but Adelaide Kane doesn't have it IMO.

I don't want them to kill of Francis and move Mary to Scotland - I guess the show could potentially survive losing Francis (even though I for one would not look forward to the immediate return of Bash smoldering in her general direction plus the inevitable second love triangle with Darnley/Bothwell/Rizzio/whoever), but Megan Follows as well? No way. Mary, Bash and however many of her LIW remain can't possibly carry this show.

I can't look at Bash and Kenna without thinking about what she use to get up to with his FATHER!!!!!!! Ugh.   Wrap them up and quickly please.  I prefer Bash but if he has to die to end this coupling?  Fine.   Kill her, Kill him, I don't care, it just squicks me out.

I am one of the few people who DOESN'T like Francis.   He's a giant Man-Baby in my eyes.

I FLOVE Catherine and everything she does and says, so MORE. MORE. MORE.

And I also want them to keep the contemporary music because I like it more often than not and I need more songs on my Ipod.

I'm of two minds about Bash and Kenna. On the one hand, they seem to be trying and making it work, and I like watching pretty people be happy. On the other hand, she used to boink his own father's brains out and it does make me cringe a bit. I like both of them individually well enough. I like Kenna because she's mercenary and is a terrible friend and has no problem congratulating Lola for getting pregnant. I like Bash because he has slightly crazy eyes and he's pretty fun when he isn't moping after Mary.

I want a lot more ridiculously inaccurate dresses and jewelry. I want loads more Greer. I want a lot more parties and banquets. I want more Catherine, and I want the show runners to push Adelaide Kane to actually play Mary as a woman tempted by darkness. I'd also like some new presences at court to shake things up. 

I want a lot less of THE DARKNESS and a lot less of Lola. I would like the servants to act less forward. 

I want Leith to take his entitled tirade and get lost.

I want Catherine to continue her reign (c wut I did thar) of being the HBIC.

I want the love triangle between Francis, Mary, and Bash to stay dead and buried.

I want Kenna to keep being hilarious.

• Love 1

I like Kenna because she's mercenary and is a terrible friend and has no problem congratulating Lola for getting pregnant.

At the beginning it seemed like she was honestly thinking they were in love and she was moaning about him not being exclusive with her (and still seeing the mistress he'd had since he was 15 -b big surprise) but they seem to have tweaked her character to make her more mercenary which is actually more interesting.

I like Bash and Kenna more than I thought I was going to but I agree the fact that she was his father's mistress really gives me the ick. I wasn't a fan of the fact that it got a bit brushed under the carpet in the last few episodes and Bash didn't really seem to have a big problem with it anymore, only the practical issues of protecting Kenna from his father. 

I think Mary is still in Bella Swan territory for me. She's getting way more pro active about stuff but AK couldn't sell me on her darker moments and I still think she's one of the show's weaker links. 

They also relied on “evil guy/grey antagonist suddenly helps out the main character for no reason” trope a bit too much, but she’s way better than at the beginning. Though its funny she can stare Catherine down but she still comes off as the hanger on with her Ladies in Waiting sometimes.

I’m not a huge fan of shows having babies and I’d prefer the plot to end with the kid being sent off to be raised by a trusted person in the country (which often did happen) but that won’t bring maximum drama would it? I certainly don’t want Lola to be a de facto mistress or have a massive love triangle about it but that seems somewhat inevitable.

I wouldn’t mind if Darnley/Bothwell/Rizzio make it across the channel at some point this season or next since that really was a real life (supposed) love square more interesting than the standard CW ones.

Interesting post. I felt like it was a too abrupt shift from writing Kenna+Henri (plus Diane and Catherine)=True Love to seeing only the mercenary aspects of their relationship and mistressdom in general, that it felt like a deliberate changing course and not a character finally growing up. She did get a massive shock to her world after being attacked and belated really realising she would only ever come 3rd if lucky (but she was initially offered position as junior mistress in one ep and went to thinking she would be as good as monogamous the next was a little strange in the first place, and I think had everything to do with loosing the Diane actress).

I can definitely get behind the idea of character growth though, especially if she never has to play the sexy ingénue who was incredibly dumb again, which was much more annoying. Kenna and Bash growing closer was actually much better than I had imagined, but it really lacked emotion for me which is one of the reasons I thought her jarring in the 2nd half.

Edited by Featherhat

Surprised to here folks speak of AK's limitations in this thread, because I often only hear praises of her, but I find her range too limited for this role. Some things she does well. I believed her as naive, hurt, disappointed Mary at the beginning of season one. But once her character became more complicated, she started to struggle. She hasn't sold me on Mary's transformation from the girl she was to the one she is today. She has difficulty conveying ALL of the conflicting emotions Mary must be feeling, given all that's happened to her, and her complicated relationships with her husband, mother in law, lola etc. And that's evident when you put her next to Catherine, played by Meagan Fellows, who does a phenomenal job getting the audience to understand her character's varying emotions. And even toby regbo, but in AK's defense he hasn't had as much material, so I'll wait to see how he does as King in season 2. But based on his indie films, I am confident in his abilities.

So I'm a bit nervous about Mary going darker. To me, that says AK will just be walking around frowning and yelling all the time, which won't be enjoyable to watch.