Type keyword(s) to search

Clock Tower Theater: Fanfic, Fan Music Videos and Art

Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

The other funny thing is it's set right as Oliver turns out to not be dead.  So per this writer Felicity had him under her total control and made him love her and forget all he's loved before and had taken over his will...but she still has never had a romantic relationship with him?

Seriously, she should have at least gotten one night out of the deal, geez.

• Love 3

Sadly, not a joke. 

But she made him stop killing! She's evil!!!

Oh, that makes sense then. By killing her, he's able to return to his natural state.

This is from a reply to that fic:

By having Felicity mind control Oliver, I was going to bring significant elements of the comics books in that the show has not touched.
A) The fact the Oliver is not in control of his decisions means that he was unable to provide consent at what Felicity did in 3*20 was in fact rape.

B) This would also mark the first time that hindsight could be used to institute massive retcons.

Also, the idea that Oliver was already under mind control could be used to explain why the drugs that Ra's used had no effect on him.

How can you hate Felicity that much that thinking of them together as rape is preferable?

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

There's a fabulous and heartbreaking new fic by theshipsfirstmate: http://archiveofourown.org/works/5777902

It looks at Oliver's abandonment of Felicity from both of their perspectives.  This is my favorite passage: 

He smiles then, asks her how she got so strong, and she wants to tell him the truth. She wants to tell him that’s what happens when everyone leaves you, but he knows that much. She wants to tell him about that time her father tried to come back, but she swore to her mother she’d never tell another soul. She wants to tell Oliver that it’s not strength, it’s just reinforcements, that loving him for so long has forced her to add layers of spackle and veneer every time he cracks her heart right down the middle.

There are some seriously talented people in this fandom!

• Love 2

Hilarious fics aside... 

I brought this fic up a while ago, it's a different way Oliver/Felicity meet and it starts with Felicity being tortured. I said I'd give it a go and see what happens. The author posted the second chapter up and I have to say I'm really enjoying it. I think she's characterized Felicity rather well. After the torture she went through you see her being withholding, paranoid, etc. but you also see how her mind works and how she kicks herself into gear and not let her fears swallow her up. I think it's a great start! Hopefully the author pulls through. Plus the mystery of what happened and why it happened is pretty intriguing. :)

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5722732/chapters/13185877

• Love 2

It's certainly an interesting start. The mystery of Felicity's kidnapping with the added bonus of the Undertaking apparently about to happen, Moira bringing Oliver into the lion's den, and him painting a target on his and likely her back as well.

I agree that the aftermath of Felicity's kidnapping is being handled well in the second chapter. It's great that the author gave her Dig to interact with. He's no nonsense and a fellow survivor to boot, so the perfect person to help Felicity at the point.

I'm curious about what it was that actually propelled Oliver to start in the vigilante business. On the show it was the book. Since the Undertaking still clearly hasn't taken place, it can't be that. Even if Oliver didn't clue into what it was about, no way would the responsible parties let the issue linger for the few years he's been back home.

Do we know for sure that he didn't have the book?  I ask that fully aware that I'm not even sure MM in this story is a bad guy.  I feel like he still might have had the book and was crossing off names, but then came to realize that he could do more good by helping the city in a more general way like we were seeing in season one.  It's possible the Undertaking is still coming or maybe in this Universe, it's never coming and we're jumping right to Slade (my guess).  Usually an author kind of explains the rules of the AU but I've been reluctant to ask for a specific explanation cause I kind of like not knowing who's good or bad.  

Do we know for sure that he didn't have the book?  I ask that fully aware that I'm not even sure MM in this story is a bad guy.  I feel like he still might have had the book and was crossing off names, but then came to realize that he could do more good by helping the city in a more general way like we were seeing in season one.  It's possible the Undertaking is still coming or maybe in this Universe, it's never coming and we're jumping right to Slade (my guess).  Usually an author kind of explains the rules of the AU but I've been reluctant to ask for a specific explanation cause I kind of like not knowing who's good or bad.  

I enjoy the in media res aspect of it, and I also like the whole mystery/character stuff happening in it. Plus, Diggle and Lyla and Diggle and Felicity along with a touch of growing Olicity? Gosh it started setting up the characters well.

I don't know, to me, they seem to be combining a bunch of aspects from all of the seasons along with original stuff (Oliver is partnered with Diggle like s1, Isabel being there and her vendetta for the Queens like s2, Diggle and Lyla being together like s2 and s3, Oliver being the Green Arrow like s4), but I'm getting mostly an Undertaking feeling even though Malcolm doesn't seem like the villain so far, like you said. I kind of like the fact that the author isn't pausing too much to explain, because it gives it more of an immediacy rather than stuffing it with exposition. 

Part of me hopes that it ends up being something different than just the Undertaking since it seems to be building onto something big. And yay to new multi-chapters that are still pretty well-written and interesting!

• Love 2

There is nothing definitive about the book being there, but The Hood picking off people off it ceratinly caught Malcolm's attention and brought out The Dark Archer on the show. So my guess is that The Hood targetting those people would result in something similar here.

As for the Undertaking, the super weird and tense atmosphere at that dinner, that couple really getting their hackles up at the subject of the Glades and Moira summarily kicking Oliver out after he didn't toe the line on the issue of the Glades being the source of all evil all point in the direction of the Undertaking or something in that vein.

• Love 1

Forever is Composed of Nows updates, I crumple up and cry on the floor. 

Moira, knowing she's offed. Oliver knowing she's offed. Quiet heartbreak for them, not-so-quiet heartbreak for me. And yet another reminder of why I don't write time travel fics, because the rules are confusing, but I'm glad I know for sure Oliver and Felicity aren't going to overthink and decide their way out of Ellie's existence. 

Even knowing that her end is nigh, Moira still takes charge and appoints herself the CEO of their crisis. I just loved that.

So how quickly will Slade descend? They had the whole finding out scene in the foyer, the fact that Oliver and Felicity regroup in the office, where Slade might not have been doesn't help much at this point. Unless the idea of time travel is too out there even for him and he's wondering which combination of island herbs they use. 

The writer of After Hours, the extremely sexually violent fic in which Felicity is a sex worker, has posted the first chapter of a sequel. Apparently she's in even greater danger than she was from Cooper and Ray in After Hours. Just for comparison's sake, Cooper and Ray paralyzed Felicity with a drug and gang-raped her for hours, resulting in hospitalization, several surgeries, and abdominal infection from, I believe, a perforated colon. So yay, even more violence in the sequel!!! (What the hell, man?)

• Love 1

Why are you torturing youself with fics you don't like? Is it hate reading?

I'm not reading it! That is from the summary. I only finished the last one (skimmed at most) because at that point I was hoping for some kind of resolution for all the awfulness. I'm certainly not reading the sequel!

I LOL'd at the description of that After Hours sequel. "The highly anticipated sequel." Suuuuuure. At least it's tagged properly this time so people can NOPE if they want to. 

I loved the Forever is Composed of Nows update but I need more! Please can I have some more. *Puppy dog eyes*

Edited by Guest

I had a crappy Monday, and then I remembered that it's Forever update Mon!!! So now I can sleep better after that lovely but sad read... if only I was able to sleep all the way until next Monday to get the update. I wonder how Colleen will play into this story, tbh that was a random character that I really didn't need. However, perhaps having Ellie look like Colleen made it easier for Moira to believe the time travel.

Oddly, I watched About Time over the weekend again and it features time travel, so now I have a whole new set of rules and principles regarding time travel to apply to this story. I do think it's entirely possible that they may accidentally write Ellie out existence in the future. And as a result, they must time travel and keep her in the present.

Edited by kismet

Oddly, I watched About Time over the weekend again and it features time travel, so now I have a whole new set of rules and principles regarding time travel to apply to this story. I do think it's entirely possible that they may accidentally write Ellie out existence in the future. And as a result, they must time travel and keep her in the present.

 Edited by kismet, 46 minutes ago.

What and have Barry from another timeline pop back in tomorrow with another kid (the new version) that he's protecting in the future?  

Time travel and all the rules used to hurt my head but I've accepted the infinite universe theory so once time travel is involved, a brand new time stream is created going forward but it leave the other existing one intact as well therefore solving the paradox problems.  My biggest request of the writers is consistency in applying whatever the rules are this time around.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

What and have Barry from another timeline pop back in tomorrow with another kid (the new version) that he's protecting in the future?  

Time travel and all the rules used to hurt my head but I've accepted the infinite universe theory so once time travel is involved, a brand new time stream is created going forward but it leave the other existing one intact as well therefore solving the paradox problems.  My biggest request of the writers is consistency in applying whatever the rules are this time around.  

No not necessarily, honestly I don't really want to think about it. I just want to enjoy what the writers give us. I feel like I will trust them with the storytelling. I do appreciate consistency and rule following of whatever version of time travel the writers have elected to use. My post was more about trying to figure what the actual rules of this story's time travel is. Everybody has a different set of rules, and frankly these writers have not really told us exactly what the rules are. So its intriguing for me to try to figure them out. But beyond perhaps creating a scenario where Ellie is no longer in existence, I haven't given much thought about what would happen to her. However, I could see BA trying to undo the mistake of erasing Ellie by going through time and bringing her to whatever time keeps her alive.

• Love 1

If any of you are wanting to reconnect with Oliver and start feeling some empathy for the poor guy again, I strongly encourage you to read theshipsfirstmate's new story, "I Never Liked the Quiet Before."  It's a thoughtful look into Oliver's relationships from his perspective, and it treats him with sensitivity while acknowledging his many flaws.  

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5832358

(only about 1500 words)

Edited by EmeraldArcher
  • Love 3

I like how your avatar of Daria/Tom is mirrored by Felicity/Oliver in the video screen capture (not sure about the technical name)

Also vid is very sweet.

I hadn't noticed the Tom/Daria similarity. Nice catch. Glad you liked the video.

I had a crappy Monday, and then I remembered that it's Forever update Mon!!! So now I can sleep better after that lovely but sad read... if only I was able to sleep all the way until next Monday to get the update. I wonder how Colleen will play into this story, tbh that was a random character that I really didn't need. However, perhaps having Ellie look like Colleen made it easier for Moira to believe the time travel.

Did I miss an update? Who's Colleen? 

Yep, Colleen is Moira's sister. And it seems like Colleen might be dead. I just wonder if it will becoming very important either the character & the death. Or if there will be more that will happen. I have a feeling it will be very important since the writers gave her a name. It's just something, I'm filing in the likely to be important file.

I don't know if this has been mentioned here yet (I was away for a while) but I want to recc Menrva's Every Breath You Take.   Laurel has a stalker and things get difficult from there.

I like it because it's an old-fashioned good mystery and I also think that her Laurel is someone I'd like to see on the show.  Not completed yet.

• Love 1

I don't know if this has been mentioned here yet (I was away for a while) but I want to recc Menrva's Every Breath You Take. Laurel has a stalker and things get difficult from there.

I like it because it's an old-fashioned good mystery and I also think that her Laurel is someone I'd like to see on the show. Not completed yet.

Awww, thanks statsgirl! I really appreciate that. I did actually finally finish it, though I probably need to revise the later chapters. I feel like I rushed through them just for the sake of getting to the end. And I'm not sure I portrayed Felicity well. But I mostly wrote this story for two reasons: first, to create a way for Laurel to leave Starling (sorry, it's still Starling to me) without killing her off, and second, to help me understand Laurel and her motivations better. I thought if I wrote something from her perspective I'd sympathize more and perhaps even like her. Sadly that didn't happen.

• Love 3

Forever is Composed of Nows is updated and it's ripe with feelings from multiple sides as well as Ellie dropping some major bombs about the future. She also gives a pretty good timeframe of when she comes from. Late 2021 or some time before October 2022.

• Love 4

Forever is Composed of Nows is updated and it's ripe with feelings from multiple sides as well as Ellie dropping some major bombs about the future. She also gives a pretty good timeframe of when she comes from. Late 2021 or some time before October 2022.

And it seems that she was born during the hypothetical 7th season, which has nothing to do with anything, I just find it interesting.

Also, I continue to love these future truth bombs.

• Love 3

I just read the Forever is Composed of Nows update, and I wonder what's going to happen with the William storyline? Ellie knows about him, she mentioned him to Felicity as part of her Central City family. Surely she's going to include him in the picture she's drawing, unless something happens and she never gets to finish it? Felicity or Oliver would surely ask about him when Ellie said he was her brother (unless she knows him as something else). Would Oliver be willing to let that go so as to not to mess with the future, or will he put 2+2 together and confront his mother? It would be interesting to get to see Moira have to answer for that, even if it is in fic. I hope they go there. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

I just read the Forever is Composed of Nows update, and I wonder what's going to happen with the William storyline? Ellie knows about him, she mentioned him to Felicity as part of her Central City family. Surely she's going to include him in the picture she's drawing, unless something happens and she never gets to finish it? Felicity or Oliver would surely ask about him when Ellie said he was her brother (unless she knows him as something else). Would Oliver be willing to let that go so as to not to mess with the future, or will he put 2+2 together and confront his mother? It would be interesting to get to see Moira have to answer for that, even if it is in fic. I hope they go there. 

Honestly, I hope they don't go into it much more than just a simple name drop, since just a kid plot in general is just ehhhh to me. Plus, I would kind of rather focus on how Oliver and Felicity respond to their feelings for one another during s2 with the full knowledge that they're a happy couple in the future, along with having to deal with the Slade problem as they go. I'd rather not have too much drama other than what they've got on their plate right now, but we'll see what happens. I kind of think that part of my aversion to it in this case would just be that they would resolve it more smoothly at this point, though! 

I just asked them, and they said they won't because they have a lot of other stuff to deal with. BUT they said they'd probably do it as a 'deleted scenes' sort of thing after they're done writing the fic

• Love 1

Honestly, I hope they don't go into it much more than just a simple name drop, since just a kid plot in general is just ehhhh to me. Plus, I would kind of rather focus on how Oliver and Felicity respond to their feelings for one another during s2 with the full knowledge that they're a happy couple in the future, along with having to deal with the Slade problem as they go. I'd rather not have too much drama other than what they've got on their plate right now, but we'll see what happens. I kind of think that part of my aversion to it in this case would just be that they would resolve it more smoothly at this point, though! 

I don't care about the kid, but I do care about the story, and with the name drop I do expect it to be followed up on, especially since Ellie is working on a drawing of her "Central City family." I don't think it would be drama between Oliver and Felicity, but rather between Oliver and Moira. At this point Oliver still doesn't know that Moira lied about the miscarriage - it could be an interesting point of conflict that could bring Oliver and Felicity together. I don't know if they'll go there or not, but if they don't I'm not sure what the point of even mentioning him was. It's Chekhov's secret child. 

I just asked them, and they said they won't because they have a lot of other stuff to deal with. BUT they said they'd probably do it as a 'deleted scenes' sort of thing after they're done writing the fic

Oh, boo. I wish they hadn't mentioned him then. And I really hope Ellie somehow doesn't finish the drawing she's doing for Felicity - if she does, that's really going to bother me. 

The paralysis smut fics are making me uncomfortable. I get it. This is a real life thing that real life people deal with. I still hate it. Fundamentally the idea that the woman can't feel anything but does it anyway makes me uncomfortable, although I also understand that the man has a right to go forward with sex. I still hate it (not so much the smut as the storyline that is the reason for the smut). I don't think I can watch the show again, other than the breakup that I'll at least watch on youtube, until she is not paralyzed anymore. It is too depressing to me.

My least-favorite fics, though, are those in which Baby Mama helps get Oliver and Felicity back together. There is NOTHING about that woman that indicates one iota of giving a shit about Oliver's happiness. In general I hate the fics in which Felicity quickly forgives Oliver, so when that overly-quick forgiveness is prompted by my second least-fave character ever, acting entirely OUT of her nasty lying hagbag character, I'm just pretty much done.

• Love 1