Type keyword(s) to search

Clock Tower Theater: Fanfic, Fan Music Videos and Art

Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

Chapter 4 of "Forever is Composed of Now" is up!!! I can pleasantly now go to sleep after my night shift.

And the chapter is amazing! That Ellie is quite the precocious firecracker. It makes me giddy how on point the story is in characterization, plot, pacing and surprises.

I can safely say my Arrow week is most likely complete -- nothing more to really look forward to, except is perchance Bre & So-Caffeinated take pity on us and release tidbits of ch.5

• Love 4

Loved this new chapter - I can't wait for Oliver and Felicity to get a little alone time to discuss what's going on. Hoping there's room for it in the next chapter. I love that they told her the truth - I was hoping they'd do that since I knew Moira was more likely to buy that than a story about them meeting and having sex while he was away those five years. I'm interested in how Ellie meeting Moira in the past changes things, and am glad I'm not writing this - the effects of time travel are difficult for me to wrap my mind around. 

Still annoyed by this though, because NOPE: 

What the hell happened? How had Felicity even run into his mother? Queen Consolidated. She'd gone to the office? Although, at this point, that definitely seems to be the most logical place to go, considering Slade knows who she is, which means he knows where she lives, so of course Felicity would go to the next safest place.

But I'm letting it go now, haha.

• Love 1

I can't remember the number of times I've ended up somewhere other than the place I wanted to be because I was on autopilot.  Usually it's my workplace because that's the route the car knows automatically.

I find Ellie's precociousness harder to believe than that Felicity automatically drove to the office.

Not gonna lie, I started laughing in the end when Felicity blurted everything out. I don't know if it's because I miss her so much, but Moira's stealing the show here. I can just imagine Susannah Thompson standing there, taking in the scene with Ellie in. But yeah, Oliver and Felicity really do need some time to talk in the next chapter. The 'hi, baby' was ridiculously cute since it just spilled out. I had to read in a hurry before going out (well, I didn't have to), so I'll need to do a re-read.

Edited by bijoux

I can't remember the number of times I've ended up somewhere other than the place I wanted to be because I was on autopilot.  Usually it's my workplace because that's the route the car knows automatically.

Doesn't matter - they're not selling it as a place she just wound up, Oliver's actually thinking about it being a safe place for her to go, which at that point in time it wasn't. 

Whenever I'm reading a WIP, I tend to continue the story and write the next parts in my head (I don't think I'm making sense here except to myself) and I totally had Felicity telling Moira the truth. I wonder if she will believe it. I'm excited for next Monday.

Doesn't matter - they're not selling it as a place she just wound up, Oliver's actually thinking about it being a safe place for her to go, which at that point in time it wasn't. 

Agreed. Instinct taking her there is perfectly valid, but it's definitely not safe. Oliver choked Isabel there after figuring out she was in cahoots with Slade a week or less ago.

Whenever I'm reading a WIP, I tend to continue the story and write the next parts in my head (I don't think I'm making sense here except to myself) and I totally had Felicity telling Moira the truth. I wonder if she will believe it. I'm excited for next Monday.

You're making perfect sense. You're coming up with scenarios of where the story might go next.

• Love 2

You make perfect sense - I do it too. 

I think she might believe it, since it seems like it's fairly obvious that Ellie is Oliver's (looks-wise), and there really isn't a plausible explanation for that since Oliver's story about her conception is pretty ridiculous. Although I wonder what she's going to think when she finds out that she's never met Ellie in the future. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

I just finished reading the latest chapter of Forever is Composed of Nows and it was great but it almost felt like half a chapter? I don't know. I guess I just want more! Now!

Edited by Guest

I just finished reading the latest chapter of Forever is Composed of Nows and it was great but it almost felt like half a chapter? I don't know. I guess I just want more! Now!

In response to one of my comments, Bre said that once she and so_caffeinated finish the story it would be really difficult for them not to post a new chapter every day. FINISH IT AND DO THAT, PLEASE.

• Love 7

In response to one of my comments, Bre said that once she and so_caffeinated finish the story it would be really difficult for them not to post a new chapter every day. FINISH IT AND DO THAT, PLEASE.

Yes. I would appreciate this very much. A new chapter every single day! I just hate waiting for updates! I'm a terrible WIP reader. LOL.

I hate waiting for updates too, although some fic are worth the wait like A Tempest in a Teacup which updates less than once a month.  What I really really hate is getting caught up in a WIP that never gets finished because the author loses interest.

They are though:

"Where are we going?" Ellie asks a moment later. "I have to potty."

[snip]

Looking around, she realizes she's driven toward Queen Consolidated without even really thinking about it. A quick glance at her phone shows no missed calls - something she tries not to think about because Oliver would have called if he'd beaten Slade by now. All things considered, QC isn't a terrible spot for them at the moment. It has considerably more security than her apartment. It's familiar ground and has the sense of safety that comes with being surrounded by people she sort of knows.

As long as those people she 'sort of knows' don't include Isabel.

She's pretty sure Isabel took the office Robert Queen used to have when he was still the active CEO anyway, which meant different floors - heck, it meant different corners of the entire building.

"We're going to Queen Consolidated," she decides aloud. "It'll just be a few minutes. Can you hold it until we get there?"

The idea that she went to QC because it's the logical place to go is Oliver's explanation to himself.

tumblr_nvr7yktOmG1s239dso5_250.giftumblr_nvr7yktOmG1s239dso4_r1_250.gif
tumblr_nvr7yktOmG1s239dso6_250.giftumblr_nvr7yktOmG1s239dso9_250.gif
tumblr_nvr7yktOmG1s239dso8_r1_250.giftumblr_nvr7yktOmG1s239dso7_250.gif
tumblr_nvr7yktOmG1s239dso3_r1_250.giftumblr_nvr7yktOmG1s239dso2_250.gif
tumblr_nvr7yktOmG1s239dso1_250.giftumblr_nvr7yktOmG1s239dso10_250.gif

Oh, Tommy, how I miss you. So much story potential lost.

They are though:

The idea that she went to QC because it's the logical place to go is Oliver's explanation to himself.

Nope. Read the rest of what you quoted:

All things considered, QC isn't a terrible spot for them at the moment. It has considerably more security than her apartment. It's familiar ground and has the sense of safety that comes with being surrounded by people she sort of knows.

She drove there out of habit, but she went inside because she thought it was safe. Safe enough to actually fire up a company computer and search for other places for her and Ellie to go, apparently. Which, to me, is kind of ludicrous. Oliver thought of it as safe, too, because the story is telling us it was safe for her to be there. 

Edited by apinknightmare

I agree with her though, it isn't a terrible spot.  And it's true about the sense of security that comes from being on familiar ground.  She can't go to her apartment because there's probably no security there.

I suppose she could have found the closest McDonald's and taken Ellie there (not Big Belly Burger because Slade probably knows about that) and taken the time to look for hotels on her phone, hoping that Slade didn't have it tapped.

But on a gut level, going to a place that you know and where you're comfortable and know how to handle things, seems more emotionally plausible to me.

• Love 3

I hate waiting for updates too, although some fic are worth the wait like A Tempest in a Teacup which updates less than once a month.  What I really really hate is getting caught up in a WIP that never gets finished because the author loses interest.

I like A Tempest in a Teacup. So far it is good, however saying it updates less than monthly is generous. The problem with that WIP and so many others is that I then forget which story I'm reading and which characters were who. A tempest is a perfect example of how I completely forget how she initially is brought into OQ's orbit. I remember her family alliances, but I can't remember which Bratva/MIT story it is. But I will trace back the story, I just had to read the update today and the last last chapter before the most recent update because I needed that much of a refresher.

They are though:

Oh, Tommy, how I miss you. So much story potential lost.

I don't see how going to QC was logical if she knew about Isabel. But going there out of force of habit or under stress I can totally get. OQ's logical deduction of her obviously going there felt very much like plot exposition and justification. However, it gave me MOIRA, so I willing to handwave any explanation they want to give. They are giving my Moira.... Heck I would forgive them just about anything if they can somehow bring Tommy back to the present. Cmon BA get on that ~ make Tommy a crucial part of this protection of Ellie.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 2

But on a gut level, going to a place that you know and where you're comfortable and know how to handle things, seems more emotionally plausible to me.

But the point is that she took the girl she was trying to keep away from Slade to a building taken over by a woman who was working with him. In what world - even taking comfort into account - does that make even one bit of sense? And Oliver knew that they were working together, so why would he think it was safe?

Like I wrote a page or two before this - it doesn't ruin my enjoyment of the story, it's just a nitpick.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

I'm crossing my fingers none of y'all are ever on the run from someone. I worry for your safety, haha. 

It helps that hind sight has told me that Slade had no intention of a real fight at that time. He just wanted the skeleton key so I know Felicity was safe if she wanted to go just about anywhere.  Slade had no plans on engaging beyond the meet and greet in the lair. 

It helps that hind sight has told me that Slade had no intention of a real fight at that time. He just wanted the skeleton key so I know Felicity was safe if she wanted to go just about anywhere.  Slade had no plans on engaging beyond the meet and greet in the lair. 

Yeah, I get it. The only reason why it even pinged for me is because I just recently watched these eps, and in the one right before the ep where this fic is set, Slade, Blood and Isabel are all hanging out after hours discussing their nefarious plans in Oliver's old office at QC. I just feel like even on her worst day Felicity is too smart to even chance going into that building with the kid knowing that Isabel is working with Slade. 

But, I know it was all set up so she could run into Moira. I've been wanting to see them interact, so I'm glad for that, at least. And I'm letting this go!

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

I think it may be due to the fact that, realistically, not a lot happened and we didn't progress that much further timewise from the previous chapter.

Reading it again reminded me of this.

Moira's eyes bounce between them.

"The truth," she says. "Please."

I don't know whether they were going for the parallel or whether the fact that Oliver seems to have picked this up from his mother is a lucky coincidence.

Also, they seem to be discussing upping the updating schedule to twice a week.

calliope1975 mentioned writing her own continuation of the story in her head. Mine actually goes further than the next part of the story. Due to everything here Oliver and Felicity get together sooner than they do originally and when she gets pregnant they're thrilled to get to see Ellie again. Only the child is a boy and while they're elated to have him, there's also a pang of 'crap, did we obliterate our baby girl'? Then a few years down the line Ellie comes and they're ecstatic. 'Hi, baby. We've been waiting for you.'

• Love 3

I'm with you @BIJOUX, I'm trying to figure out how this will impact O&F getting together. Does it make it sooner? What if they do not get together as a result (hihgly unlikely, but it is a possibility). If so does that then impact when they potentially have Ellie? Its so complicated, once you try to wrap your head around it. Traveling back in time will always change the timeline, there is just no way to avoid it once the future person begins to interact with the people in the different timeline. I keep on remembering that Back to the Future scenes when MJ.Fox's character keeps on looking at the photo and watching his family disappear as his influence begins to change stuff in the past. Also what happens when BA comes back to take Ellie back to her time.

Then when you push the influence outside of Olicity.... How does Ellie impact Sara or Moira? When they find out that they are not alive in the present does that then influence the choices they make? Do they still die.... Does Slade still get defeated. I can't imagine OQ allowing FS to be taken now that she has Ellie to protect. Does Thea get brought in sooner to the secret.... Do we never have MM coming back and reeking havoc. Nevermind, we still don't know why Ellie seemed to not know Diggle. It just gets crazy.

My head is percolating so many thoughts. And so many ideas and plot lines are shooting off. I really do hope they increase their update schedule.

Then when you push the influence outside of Olicity.... How does Ellie impact Sara or Moira? When they find out that they are not alive in the present does that then influence the choices they make? Do they still die.... Does Slade still get defeated. I can't imagine OQ allowing FS to be taken now that she has Ellie to protect. Does Thea get brought in sooner to the secret.... Do we never have MM coming back and reeking havoc. Nevermind, we still don't know why Ellie seemed to not know Diggle. It just gets crazy.

Interesting questions. The manner in which Slade is beaten hasn't even crossed my mind yet. Yeah, the double cross doesn't seem likely. Going by the fact that I seem to remember the authors saying they weren't planning on bringing Thea into the story, and my deep suspicion about Moira dying protecting Ellie instead of Thea has now brought forth another idea. Slade doesn't make Oliver chose between Moira and Thea, but instead between Moira and Felicity. And to protect Ellie's future Moira once again bites it. Knowing that Felicity is the woman who Oliver loves and the future mother of his child(ren) makes me certain that she would do it.

As for Sara, I don't really see Ellie having an impact on her fate. She and Oliver were breaking up soon either way and her death in The Calm isn't really connected to Oliver and Felicity. I think she'll still go to Nyssa for help with Slade, thereby returning to the League and getting assigned with bringing in Malcolm. With or without Thea, Malcolm would have gone after her.

The best part is that now Oliver presumably won't push Felicity away and all the stupidity of S3 won't happen. My headcanon, regardless of where this story ends, is that Thea doesn't leave with MM, and even if she does Felicity et al. figure out quite quickly that it was MM making Thea do it. (Hellllloooooooo motive.) Oliver realizes he has to have Ellie, meaning he's not so stupidly self-sacrificing, so he hands Malcolm's head to the LOA on a silver platter. 

• Love 1

Interesting questions. The manner in which Slade is beaten hasn't even crossed my mind yet. Yeah, the double cross doesn't seem likely. Going by the fact that I seem to remember the authors saying they weren't planning on bringing Thea into the story, and my deep suspicion about Moira dying protecting Ellie instead of Thea has now brought forth another idea. Slade doesn't make Oliver chose between Moira and Thea, but instead between Moira and Felicity. And to protect Ellie's future Moira once again bites it. Knowing that Felicity is the woman who Oliver loves and the future mother of his child(ren) makes me certain that she would do it.

As for Sara, I don't really see Ellie having an impact on her fate. She and Oliver were breaking up soon either way and her death in The Calm isn't really connected to Oliver and Felicity. I think she'll still go to Nyssa for help with Slade, thereby returning to the League and getting assigned with bringing in Malcolm. With or without Thea, Malcolm would have gone after her.

Where are the authors talking about their intentions? Is it in tumblr or in the comments sections? Just curious.... :)

Sara's death was not connected to O/F. But if she knows she is not in the future, perhaps she rethinks going back to the LoA. There has to be another way they can take down Slade without using LoA. Unlike the show, these authors don't need to bring in the LoA to fix problems and set up another season big bad. Sara is free right now, so if she never goes back to LoA, then perhaps her death never happens. Or perhaps she dies anyway, just in another manner. It is possible that one can't cheat death, it might not happen in the same way, but it might still have to happen. The rules and consequences of time travel are really all over the place. Which is why Moira will most likely die saving Ellie instead :( But I hope not.... I just want Moira to be alive.

As for Malcolm, what happens with him can be wide open. Perhaps he never falls on Ras radar. Would Ras still come for OQ without MM bringing him to Ras' attention? Ras might have heard about him, but I doubt he would have designed his own little bachelor wooing project without OQ showoing his caliber after Sara's death.

I don't know... there are so many possibilities. It just blows the story wide open. Perhaps, the authors will only focus on the O/F of it all... but really it can make a difference in so many choices after Ellie truthbombs all over the place.

• Love 1

Ra's was intrigued by Oliver prior to the big duel ("And what of Queen?"), but he only fell truly, madly, deeply in love with him after he survived the sword of Ra's. Like I'm sure he would have let Oliver join the LOA if Oliver wanted to, but he wasn't trying to woo him. So no duel logically = no wooing. We know that Nyssa didn't blame Thea once she found out she killed Sara while under MM's mind-control, plus we know that MM's threat re outing Thea was a bluff, so he wouldn't actually have had the video emailed on his death (does the LOA have email? Hilarious to think about...RAGisthebestever@outlook.com). So if Oliver killed MM and handed him over as Sara's killer (assuming Thea did actually kill Sara, which in this timeline isn't at all assured), by all indications the LOA would take that as a fair trade for Sara's death. Heck, Oliver would probably fight harder for QC knowing he's going to have a family to support, so maybe no Ray. Roy wouldn't have to leave. Just various villains of the week. So much better.

• Love 2

Where are the authors talking about their intentions? Is it in tumblr or in the comments sections? Just curious.... :)

I'm almost positive that I got the Thea thing from the AO3 comments section. The updating schedule is from the last 24 hours. It's either from Tumblr or Twitter.

Heck, Oliver would probably fight harder for QC knowing he's going to have a family to support, so maybe no Ray.

On the off chance Moira lives, you know she'd fight tooth and nail for the company. And if she and Felicity were actually working together toward a common goal? Ray and his supersuit wouldn't stand a chance.
  • Love 2

Time travel always confuses me because I think just by traveling to the past, you've, in some way, changed the present. So I just try not to think about it. 

In addition to all the points people brought up above, how do Oliver and Felicity let Ellie go when Barry comes back? I'm more emotionally invested in this fic than the show right now.

• Love 1

In my last review I mentioned that I admired them for taking on something like time travel, because just trying to work out the logistics of it makes my brain hurt.

I read a time-traveling kid fic for ash818's Legacy series, and in that one Barry told Oliver and Felicity that they'd forget about the kid when the timeline made adjustments for his absence, so maybe they'll go that way? I'm not even going to try to speculate, haha.

I'd be really surprised if they take it past the end of S2, though.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

MachaWicket has a really good fic set during 4x10 from Donna's POV. The link is to her tumblr, but I'm not sure if it's on A03 or not. 

I liked that one, too. I like that Macha doesn't just let Oliver off the hook for everything, and that her angst tends to be character-appropriate. The number of fics I saw in which Felicity instantly forgave Oliver for the BM lies horrified me. In some she actually told him she was glad he did what he "had to" to see his kid. Barf.

The one with domestic violence Felicity is done. I skimmed the last chapter, and she ends up knocked up again, this time by Oliver. Weirdly I found Felicity more OOC in that fic than in the one in which she and Oliver wholeheartedly join the LoA, bc I can see Felicity as an assassin much more easily than I can see her as a doormat (and I am NOT saying she was a doormat in the fic just bc she was in a domestic violence situation). I think that was another fic in which the author was working some things out.

• Love 1

Speaking of an author working out a few things, I offer something IMO so bad that I was entertained.  May I present to you "A Better Tomorrow"  Let me quote the best part.

"I discovered the voice was you. For past near three years you stole my soul and independence. You used Tommy's death to have me quit killing, nearly erased both Sara and Laurel from my memory. Also controlled Sara, a woman who I loved into ending our relationship and made me fall in love with you in the span of a few months" Oliver replied.

"Well I guess you figured me out" Felicity said, her eyes briefly flash purple.

"You have got to be kidding me" Diggle said, shocked as he draws his weapon.

"Why?" Oliver asked, a controlled rage seeping into his tone.

"Because I wanted a man who was dangerous but attractive. A man who could be my knight in shining armor" Felicity replied, a smile grazing her lips.

Suddenly Felicity forms a dagger in her hand then throws it at Oliver who ducks missing it. Walking forward she goes to create another weapon but is unable to move. Glancing over Felicity sees Constantine chanting in an unknown langue as Oliver approaches.

"Please" is the only word Felicity said.

"You never grew up from a fantasy world and those illusions have hurt far too many people, me included" Oliver said, his voice going dark like that of the killer forged on Lian Yu.

Felicity never utters another word as she's placed in a headlock before Oliver breaks her neck then lets the body drop to the floor. He takes a step back as Constantine extends his hands which glow a fiery orange and his eyes do the same as well. Moments later Felicity's body begins to glow in the same color vanishing from existence.

My favorite part is when her eyes glow purple. 

http://www.ksitetv.com/forums/showthread.php?174350-A-Better-Tomarrow

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3

Speaking of an author working out a few things, I offer something IMO so bad that I was entertained. May I present to you "A Better Tomorrow" Let me quote the best part.

Is she magical in some way?

Macha's fic is great and it really feels true to the short moment we got with Oliver and Donna, in that she's starting to see.him as flawed. Up until this point in her eyes he was a hot schmoopy.dope completely gone for Felicity, keeping her in the loop probably more than her daughter and issuing invitations for stays and dinners. Which are all still true, but now she sees there are other, much less admirable qualities.

• Love 1

Is she magical in some way?

Yup and so evil and powerful that Constantine has to make sure to destroy her completely lest her power tempt anyone again. 

I love that her motive is "Because I wanted a man who was dangerous but attractive. A man who could be my knight in shining armor" 

The other funny thing is it's set right as Oliver turns out to not be dead.  So per this writer Felicity had him under her total control and made him love her and forget all he's loved before and had taken over his will...but she still has never had a romantic relationship with him?

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

Yup and so evil and powerful that Constantine has to make sure to destroy her completely lest her power tempt anyone again. 

To be fair, of course Felicity would have to be evil or completely and utterly the opposite of the Felicity we see on screen to have her and Oliver break up or, if we're talking extremes here, have him kill her. I mean Felicity can't be the Felicity we see on screen otherwise their relationship would just work :p And no one has time for that, especially when Laurel's waiting for him ;)

• Love 2

Speaking of an author working out a few things, I offer something IMO so bad that I was entertained.  May I present to you "A Better Tomorrow"  Let me quote the best part.

I love (I mean hate) the way the story shifts from present tense to past tense to present tense again. Bravo.

ETA I went to the actual site and in the first few lines Oliver is "causally moving over to the computers" - ugh. I don't know what's more offensive to me, the character assassination or the spelling and grammar issues . . . ok, ok, you got me! It's the SPaG, ok? Sob. I've been a teacher too long.

Edited by arjumand
  • Love 5

I love (I mean hate) the way the story shifts from present tense to past tense to present tense again. Bravo.

ETA I went to the actual site and in the first few lines Oliver is "causally moving over to the computers" - ugh. I don't know what's more offensive to me, the character assassination or the spelling and grammar issues . . . ok, ok, you got me! It's the SPaG, ok? Sob. I've been a teacher too long.

I couldn't get past the actual title-- "A Better Tomarrow". 

• Love 4

ETA I went to the actual site and in the first few lines Oliver is "causally moving over to the computers" -

Hey, at least Oliver has a purpose, other than undoing every development he's ever had on the show.

Someone who wants back the Oliver from the pilot and makes Felicity the evil person who caused all the growth .... I have no words.  My favourite lines are

"You never grew up from a fantasy world and those illusions have hurt far too many people, me included" Oliver said, his voice going dark like that of the killer forged on Lian Yu.

because I think that seems to describe the author pretty well too.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5

Is this by the same author that wrote the dreck that had Oliver and Laurel hooking up over Felicity's grave? And went and posted it tagged as an Olicity story? 

Ha!  I didn't realize it but yes, you are right, it is the same author. 

I'm nit clear who's waiting for him, Laurel or Sara according to this extract.

From other posts made by this person, the answer is just anyone but Felicity as long as Oliver returns to the perfection that was the season one killer. 

• Love 1