Type keyword(s) to search

Other Family Members: Ami and the Kids

Oh goodness, Noah drives me bonkers. He's so smug. I get that the family thinks he's pretty smart, and he may even be so compared to them, but the old adage "The more you know, the more you realize you don't know" really applies here. He calls himself the DaVinci of our times...with a straight face.

On the "Lost Footage" episode last night, they "dueled", and it was interesting to see Noah start all Japanese-stance like a anime character. But they have no contact with the outside world, right?! Pfft.

• Love 1

I agree that Noah is pretty smug--for no apparent reason! I think that as the youngest boy, he developed this smart persona as a way to differentiate himself from his older, more athletic brothers. (Or maybe for a fake reality show) He rarely engages in the more physical aspects of living in the bush like hunting, fishing, extreme tree climbing, etc. He seems to stay in his tent "inventing" things like the new wheelchair office chair.

• Love 1

I agree that Noah is pretty smug--for no apparent reason! I think that as the youngest boy, he developed this smart persona as a way to differentiate himself from his older, more athletic brothers. (Or maybe for a fake reality show) He rarely engages in the more physical aspects of living in the bush like hunting, fishing, extreme tree climbing, etc. He seems to stay in his tent "inventing" things like the new wheelchair office chair.

I agree. I also think that Noah is one of those younguns who believes his own PR. Mom and Dad and his sibs told him over and over how smart and inventive he is and he bought it. 'Can't blame him but a little perspective isn't a bad thing.

All of these "kids" seem to be about a decade behind their ages, developmentally. Matt and Bam seem like dudes in their early 20s, Bear runs around like a 17 year old spaz who thinks he's cool for being extra random and spazzy, and Noah seems stuck at about 12. His inventions are juvenile, and don't look like they'd work at all (hello, 90 lb dryer, useless 5-drip shower, and non working generator). He's in that imagination stage kids get, without any knowledge to back it up. I'm guessing his parents were blown away when he did something relatively smart, like take something apart without instructions at a young age, and his "brilliance" became the family narrative.

It interesting that he's never around when it's time for labor....clearly his father's son.

Edited by mmmsoap

It interesting that he's never around when it's time for labor....clearly his father's son.

Does he have some kind of leg or foot/knee/ankle injury? There seem to have been a few oblique references but I'm not sure. It could--cold--explain why he spends so much time making weird inventions or writing bad poetry.

They've mentioned that he was "injured" in the past, but it definitely looms convenient to me. He walks with a cane in a way that seems like more of an affectation than a need. He dropped the cane to "duel" with Bam, but uses it to talk around their house...

• Love 1

I don't know--I sometimes use a cane after knee surgery (much better , thank you, though still a problem child) and it's not an affection, though I also generally leave it when I'm just going about my normal day. It could be a hold over from some previous problem, a break or whatever.

Or it could just be part of his Byronian fantasies.

Or it could just be part of his Byronian fantasies.

Especially considering last night's "Bonus Footage" of his date at the swing set.  He was doing Tai Chi or something in his stylin' rubber boots, no problem. 

I think he milks his injury to get out of doing work, just like Billy gets sick or falls into a coma to avoid labor.

I think he milks his injury to get out of doing work, just like Billy gets sick or falls into a coma to avoid labor.

Since the Brownies are scoring however much they're scoring per episode, I wouldn't rule it out, Cissy. I suspect that they're getting paid enough that they're, as the old saying goes, smiling all the way to the bank-which may be in the lower 48, thanks to the good lord.

The girls drive me crazy.....bird with her creepy smile, get her tooth fixed Billy.......and rain because the makeup they allow that little girl to wear, she is way too young for makeup and she has no clue how to apply it..she looks like a clown......get a clue Ami!!!!!!!!!

• Love 1

I participate in a Facebook page about Alaskan Bush People (NOT a fan site).  I have no link at this time, but someone who lives in Hoonah and is in a position to know has reported that Matt (the oldest son with the curly hair) has gone into rehab.  He has a known history of drug and alcohol abuse.  As much as I dislike the premise of this show, I hope that he gets the help he needs.

• Love 2
On 11/11/2015 at 9:12 PM, Krank412 said:

The girls drive me crazy.....bird with her creepy smile, get her tooth fixed Billy.......and rain because the makeup they allow that little girl to wear, she is way too young for makeup and she has no clue how to apply it..she looks like a clown......get a clue Ami!!!!!!!!!

Bird wanted to know if they could stop and "pet the cows" in a pasture during their road trip. Cute, if it was coming from a 4-year-old. From a 21yo it sounds psychotic. 

• Love 3

Matt (the oldest son with the curly hair) has gone into rehab.  He has a known history of drug and alcohol abuse.  As much as I dislike the premise of this show, I hope that he gets the help he needs.

Sad to hear and yes, I hope he kicks whatever he's using. I also wonder--being me--how this will impact any filming schedule for either later this season or next, assuming they're picked up for another year. TPTB spun the whole jail/arrest/cheated the Alaskan government thing.

6 hours ago, CN42 said:

Bird wanted to know if they could stop and "pet the cows" in a pasture during their road trip. Cute, if it was coming from a 4-year-old. From a 21yo it sounds psychotic. 

Actually I thought the 12 year old said that

Actually I thought the 12 year old said that

Even if it was the twelve year old, it sounds age inappropriate, especially for someone raised in the bush according to the story line.

Recent news reports (unconfirmed):

1.  Ami has lung cancer, possibly stage 4; one rumor is that she's almost at hospice level.

2.  More backed up by reports from Hoonah - Matt was seriously injured during filming this week.  The injury involved a stick of dynamite; he has a head injury and other injuries as well.  It was sent by air-evac to Seattle because closer hospitals are unable to deal with that level of injury.

(edited)
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

1.  Ami has lung cancer, possibly stage 4; one rumor is that she's almost at hospice level.

2.  More backed up by reports from Hoonah - Matt was seriously injured during filming this week.  The injury involved a stick of dynamite; he has a head injury and other injuries as well.  It was sent by air-evac to Seattle because closer hospitals are unable to deal with that level of injury.

They are not currently filming.  According to TMZ, Matt was injured due to his own stupidity.  Seems he put gun powder and cannon fuse in a mason jar, sealed it and put it in his refrigerator.  Blew the door off and struck him in the head. This occurred in his apartment in Hoonah.  According to TMZ, he has 9 staples in his head and has been released.

Can you say DUMB ASS? (and I being generous in just calling him that).

Edited by iluvobx
addition
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, iluvobx said:

They are not currently filming.  According to TMZ, Matt was injured due to his own stupidity.  Seems he put gun powder and cannon fuse in a mason jar, sealed it and put it in his refrigerator.  Blew the door off and struck him in the head. This occurred in his apartment in Hoonah.  According to TMZ, he has 9 staples in his head and has been released.

Can you say DUMB ASS? (and I being generous in just calling him that).

Thanks for the additional details.

Wait a minute.  He has an apartment in Hoonah?  He doesn't live in Browntown?  I am shocked.  (OK, not.)

• Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Thanks for the additional details.

Wait a minute.  He has an apartment in Hoonah?  He doesn't live in Browntown?  I am shocked.  (OK, not.)

Count me as shocked, too.... I thought they were all sacked out at the Inn. That makes way more sense to me, lots closer for Matt to stumble back from the bar that way. 

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 1

Was watching Disco today and they are running promo's for the new season.  Apparently it's set for June 14th.

Supposedly "the family faces it's darkest hour..."  And they do mention Ami being sick.  I just figured their darkest hour is not getting room service after 10PM any longer.  ;)

Sucks to hear about Matt though.  Was hoping he was turning his life around.  Don't know why he would do something so stupid.  Unless of course, well, he's stupid.

• Love 1

I wouldn't wish cancer on my worst enemy so, if that's true, she--and her family--have my genuine sympathies. Not to quibble or split hairs but does anyone know if she was a smoker at any point? I only ask because that's what killed my own mother almost 30 years ago.

Matt...stupid is as stupid does.

• Love 2
On 5/26/2017 at 6:29 AM, AZChristian said:

Hopefully it’s just a rumor. That’s a bad diagnosis, and the recipient generally doesn’t last too long after receiving it. That’s what my dad had, and he only made it 8 months.

I caught the commercial for the upcoming season tonight.  They show Bam, Matt, and Ami (all still pictures) with Billy giving a voiceover about how they've always lived in the Bush, but now his family is sick (they showed Ami's picture here), and they have to leave Alaska. 

I recall people talking about how Discovery's lease of Browntown was going to run out around this time, so it sounds like they were going to be abandoning Browntown regardless.  I'm not saying that any sickness is part of a plot device to force them to move, I would hate to think that.  But perhaps if it wasn't this, they would have come up with some other reason to leave the area.

It also brings up the question of what the show will be like if they're not in the bush.  A kind of "fish out of water" Beverly Hillbillies type show as the family romps around Seattle?  

2 hours ago, rmontro said:

A kind of "fish out of water" Beverly Hillbillies type show as the family romps around Seattle?  

They become Uber drivers and get the hell beaten out of them by drunk crabbers?  But in this case the cops don't make an arrest, but instead join in the melee?

• Love 1

A lease can be renewed if both parties want to. If this is at least part of the reason why they're going elsewhere (and I stress that I don't wish serious health problems on anyone) it makes me wonder who decided to pull that plug; are the Brown's tired of playacting as homesteaders in the bush or is the property's owner tired of dealing with them and the production company? Or maybe the production people have decided to go in a different direction?

I've no idea.

It debuts tonight? Thanks for the reminder--I'd forgotten, truth be told.

peepul, we all know it's fake.

Let's take a brain leap and move on to the Entertainment Factor.

Matt = Howie

Bam = Kev

Noah = AJ

Gabe = Brian

Bear =  Nick

nowadays entertainment not about cheesy singer/dancers, it's about "real men", survivors...