Type keyword(s) to search

S02.S03: We Need to Talk About Karen

Air Date: October 30, 2018 

Note:  Updated title of episode;  evidently "Freaks and Creaks" was a working title. 

Lena decides to call Martin's bluff on selling the house but is surprised when he actually begins making necessary repairs to get the house ready to be sold. The realtor, Jeannie (guest star Angela Kinsey) sends over Vlad (guest star Costa Ronin), a contractor, to deal with the structural issues she discovered in the house. Meanwhile, upset that Mae is not enjoying her sophomore year of high school, Lena invites Emma-Rebecca (guest star Milly Shapiro, "Hereditary"), Mae's friend from camp, to visit; yet she seemingly brings a trail of bizarre and supernatural events along with her. Elsewhere, Maya finally tells Frank she is pregnant and is surprised by his reaction.

Edited by tessaray
Early episode title was incorrect.

Grapes do not travel better than apples.  Once washed and unrefrigerated, they're mushy by the end of the day.  They are also not healthier than apples.  Furthermore, I'd rather my young kid eat an apple than throw away a bunch of grapes, thereby eating no fruit.

Since they're divorced and presumably each own 50% of the house, Martin could force a partition sale to get his share (after any mortgages are paid). This could result on an auction on the courthouse steps, which generally results in a much lower sale price than a normal sale would.  If Martin really wants to sell, it's in Lena's best financial interest to cooperate. The other option would be for one of them to buy the other one out, but no one is going to finance the purchase of 50% of a heavily-mortgaged sinking house with bad plumbing (unless Lena's father  gives her the money.)

I'm still waiting to find out what Martin does for a living.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
7 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Grapes do not travel better than apples.  Once washed and unrefrigerated, they're mushy by the end of the day.  They are also not healthier than apples. Furthermore, I'd rather my young kid eat an apple than throw away a bunch of grapes, thereby eating no fruit.

Since they're divorced and presumably each own 50% of the house, Martin could force a partition sale to get his share (after any mortgages are paid). This could result on an auction on the courthouse steps, which generally results in a much lower sale price than a normal sale would.  If Martin really wants to sell, it's in Lena's best financial interest to cooperate. The other option would be for one of them to buy the other one out, but no one is going to finance the purchase of 50% a heavily-mortgaged sinking house with bad plumbing (unless Lena's father  gives her the money.)

I'm still waiting to find out what Martin does for a living.

You think at this point in time, with all the other bad plots they throw out, you would get what Martin does for a living. Interesting they have decided to really prove that the house is under water as it is and that it was purchased before the housing crash in 2008. Which, how they did not lose the house right away, unless Lena's father paid for most if it doesn't make financial sense. Of course, none of the finances on this show have made sense since last year. They want to divorce, but we find out that Martin didn't lie about the house being under water. Yet they throw a start of the summer BBQ bash. Send their kids off to summer camp for almost 3 months. Head out to large dinners and so forth. Yet, now we find out the house really needs to get sold because they would be financially more stable if it's gone. Sure, sure. 

Whoever that creepy kid was, my god, that actress was perfectly cast!!  She actually kind of scared me a little lol

I so wish this show would go the Cougar Town route and get away from its original, not-so-funny premise and just become a bunch of funny friends (and their kids) hanging out and being ridiculous, because I think the cast is awesome.

• Love 6

What even IS this show? I get it, they feel a need to keep them apart until they can get them back together in the future, but they have woefully miscalculated how messed up they have made Martin. Why would we ever root for them to get back together at this point? Why would we root for Martin period at this point? 

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

What even IS this show? I get it, they feel a need to keep them apart until they can get them back together in the future, but they have woefully miscalculated how messed up they have made Martin. Why would we ever root for them to get back together at this point? Why would we root for Martin period at this point? 

Half the characters you don't want to root for because they are acting like 1st graders and can't even just talk to each other. 

On 10/31/2018 at 6:43 AM, TaraS1 said:

Whoever that creepy kid was, my god, that actress was perfectly cast!!  She actually kind of scared me a little lol

I so wish this show would go the Cougar Town route and get away from its original, not-so-funny premise and just become a bunch of funny friends (and their kids) hanging out and being ridiculous, because I think the cast is awesome.

If you would have seen Hereditary, you'd know how creepy she can be. She was less so here (obviously because it was played for laughs), but it was really funny.

• Love 1

If the house is underwater, how did Martin think they were going to be able to borrow against it and then pay the loan back when the house sold? Underwater means they will make no money off of the sale of the house, and will have to come up with the funds themselves to make the mortgage holder whole. 

38 minutes ago, Toothbrush said:

If the house is underwater, how did Martin think they were going to be able to borrow against it and then pay the loan back when the house sold? Underwater means they will make no money off of the sale of the house, and will have to come up with the funds themselves to make the mortgage holder whole. 

Right and after Lisa called bullshit on it. It actually turned out to be true and now they have to get rid of the house. So, Martin thinking he can borrow against it? That's not how it works.

• Love 1