Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Dosed

Drogo
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, announcergirl said:

I really didn’t like that they handcuffed the team in public though. I get trying to keep them from hurting themselves but it was embarrassing. 

We'll understand "everybody loves the firefighters"

I'm still not fully on team Bobby/Athena. I've always felt like the chemistry was lacking and their relationship came out of left field. It occurred to me in this episode that their relationship is contrived so that Bobby can be reminded of the milestones he's missed with his dead children. However, the scenes with Bobby and Athena's children this episode made me feel emotions I wasn't expecting to feel. I might warm up to them. 

I was not expecting Chimney and Maddie. I think, like most people, I was expecting Maddie and the new guy, because she's a nurse and would be able to help his son. I'm interested to see where they're heading with this. We're all expecting Maddie's ex-husband to show up eventually. What I love about this show is not everything is predictable or as it seems. 

• Love 4
On 10/24/2018 at 6:55 PM, Emily Thrace said:

I do wonder what Micheal will make about Bobby's history. I think right now he just thinks Bobby reluctance is just about him not having kids. 

On 10/24/2018 at 11:28 PM, Emily Thrace said:

I don't think Athena should tell anyone about Bobby. Bobby should be telling people about at least the fact that he had a family. Bobby needs to be honest, hiding from his past isn't good for his relationships, his emotional recovery or his sobriety. 

I don't see why it's Michael's business, to be honest, to know about Bobby's family, even just that he had one that was all killed in a fire.  Or any version.  And it's not good for Bobby to start telling everyone about this, even if it's just the family died in a fire part, leaving out his own conduct.  There's a conversation starter.  You can deal with things without making public announcements.  I'm a rape survivor, but I deal with it by having dealt with it, not by telling everyone and making sure that everyone around me knows.  In fact, very few people know, because it isn't their business, and I'm not interested in getting attention for it.  Bobby, even if all he says is family killed in a fire, will then become "the poor guy who lost his family," and no longer Bobby.  If he becomes close to Michael, then sure, he could tell him.  But there's no reason Michael needs to know, and a lot of reasons Bobby doesn't need him, or a lot of other people to know, including trying to move on from defining himself by that moment, which was what he was doing for so long.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Ailianna said:

I don't see why it's Michael's business, to be honest, to know about Bobby's family, even just that he had one that was all killed in a fire.  Or any version.  And it's not good for Bobby to start telling everyone about this, even if it's just the family died in a fire part, leaving out his own conduct.  There's a conversation starter.  You can deal with things without making public announcements.  I'm a rape survivor, but I deal with it by having dealt with it, not by telling everyone and making sure that everyone around me knows.  In fact, very few people know, because it isn't their business, and I'm not interested in getting attention for it.  Bobby, even if all he says is family killed in a fire, will then become "the poor guy who lost his family," and no longer Bobby.  If he becomes close to Michael, then sure, he could tell him.  But there's no reason Michael needs to know, and a lot of reasons Bobby doesn't need him, or a lot of other people to know, including trying to move on from defining himself by that moment, which was what he was doing for so long.

I think it's Michael business because he is trying to bring Bobby into his family. It's also Michael's business because this is going to affect Bobby's relationship with his kids, it already has in small ways. This is something that Bobby is going to have to explain eventually if he wants to move forward with Athena. If nothing else because it's not fair to her to ask Athena to keep this a secret from her family. I'm not saying Bobby needs to tell everyone just his family and people he wants to make family.

• Love 1
On 23-10-2018 at 5:31 AM, AgentRXS said:

I love this show. Buck was clearly looking for a younger version of Abby in that reporter, and I'm glad she was honest about who she is. So many women try to change or hide things about themselves to land a "hot" guy, so I really loved when she told him she didn't care if he didn't like her or her actions.

To be fair, I don't think Buck is all he's cracked up to be? In my opinion, he has a very high opinion of himself and was clearly punching above his weight with the reporter. And him saying he thinks she likes him made me wonder if he has a brain at all. She was clearly more interested in telling an interesting story and getting juicy information out of everyone than even attempting to flirt with him.

On 23-10-2018 at 9:30 PM, iMonrey said:

If I had one complaint it would be that I think Athena's family has moved a little too quickly into the blended territory. I don't know how much time is supposed to have passed since Bobby first met her children but posing for prom photos with Mom, Dad and Mom's new boyfriend seemed a little too progressive a little too soon.

On 24-10-2018 at 12:55 AM, Ohwell said:

I agree.  I don't want to be a curmudgeon, but I call fakery on this whole thing.  Definitely too much, too soon and I just don't see that happening in real life.  Her children seem to love Bobby and even the husband acts like he has a man-crush on him.  (Wait.  Could that be another storyline?  I'd love that, lol.)  

Yes, I was looking around for the ex-husband's boyfriend as well. Bobby seems more integrated into the family than he is. And if that relationship has ended, how about a throwaway line about it?

14 hours ago, Emily Thrace said:

I think it's Michael business because he is trying to bring Bobby into his family. It's also Michael's business because this is going to affect Bobby's relationship with his kids, it already has in small ways. This is something that Bobby is going to have to explain eventually if he wants to move forward with Athena. If nothing else because it's not fair to her to ask Athena to keep this a secret from her family. I'm not saying Bobby needs to tell everyone just his family and people he wants to make family.

Agreed. Michael doesn't need to know the details but just an "he lost his wife and kids" would be enough to make him stop pushing (I don't think it's really pushing at this moment, more accepting/encouraging but that can easily get out of hand) but more importantly, I think Michael has the right to know that Bobby is an addict/alcoholic if he's going to be around their kids.

• Love 1

Michael does not need to know IMO Athena does and is qualified to see to her children and their exposure to a former addict. As far as Michael's partner not being as readily accepted, well they were the cheaters that broke the marriage so even if they are still together, that may always be an issue.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, thewhiteowl said:

Michael does not need to know IMO Athena does and is qualified to see to her children and their exposure to a former addict. As far as Michael's partner not being as readily accepted, well they were the cheaters that broke the marriage so even if they are still together, that may always be an issue.

There is that angle and the ex husband seems to be the one pushing the wife's new man into the family where as Athena is not as accepting of her husband coming out and related to that the man the broke her family

On 10/23/2018 at 4:55 AM, SimoneS said:

I did crack up when Athena said with surprise to the effect, "you eat that food, we dump it in the trash" and Chimney responded, "yeah, we are firefighters. Everyone loves us." LOL!

The firefighters here (we had massive fires this year) refuse to accept any homemade food - actually, anything at all - from civilians. There's a lot of love - but there are also the guys with the illegal grows who aren't thrilled with firefighters on their land, even if they are saving them. One made umpteen calls to 911 and got some kind of penalty (fines, I think, but I don't remember) for misusing the 911 system

On 10/23/2018 at 7:13 PM, tennisgurl said:

I think with Michael, he might be overcompensating a bit out of guilt for his affair, and how he initiated the divorce. Plus, he married Athena when he knew he was gay, even if he wasn't alright with it or had dealt with it. I feel for him, but I think he feels guilty about being married to her for so long, knowing that he could never love her in that way, and then cheating on her, so he really wants to show how supportive he is of her new relationship. 

You said it better than I would have. A happy Athena would do a lot to relieve his burden of guilt.

On 10/24/2018 at 4:25 AM, hookedontv said:

A couple things: 

1. How does Maddie afford such a nice place? 

2. Nice to see Susan Ruttan (Roxanne from L.A. Law) as the LSD lady. Any of y’all old enough to remember that great show?!

That place did seem awfully nice. And while it isn't as huge as it looked, that kind of "character" is pretty expensive, I'd imagine.

Loved seeing Susan Ruttan, and also liked the line when she said the lizard liked redheads - since it like her, and she used to be a redhead.

On 10/24/2018 at 5:11 PM, starri said:

Definitely in favor of Maddie and Chimney, which is surprisingly the hell out of me.

I know, right? They definitely had a lot of chemistry.

• Love 3