Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Dosed

Drogo
  • Start Topic

When the first responders race to the rescue of a crashed news copter, they unwittingly become the subject of an eager reporter's first on-air assignment. Meanwhile, Bobby tries to deal with his daughter's death, as Athena prepares for May's homecoming dance. Then, Maddie struggles to let go of her fear of the past. Also, the team responds to emergencies at an eating contest, a bodybuilding competition and a toddler pageant.

This episode was a mixed-bag for me. I loved that we got more of Athena and Bobby, but hated the firefighters being drugged and the reporter was just annoying.

The only good thing about the drugged story was that Bobby finally confided in Athena about his pain about his daughter's death and struggle to stay sober. She was shaken and I thought she was going to pull away from him, but instead she committed to him. I loved how he was being integrated into her family. Her kids obviously like him a lot. I cracked up when her son told him to run. Ha.

The rescues were decent although the insect one made my skin crawl. Kudos to the actors because there isn't enough money to get me to do that scene or cuddle with that lizard. I remember the actress who dosed them from LA Law many years ago.

I felt for Maddie, the fear keeping her awake and the resulting tiredness. I like how supportive her supervisor is. I remember that actress from NYPD Blue. I wouldn't have thought of pairing up Maddie with Chimney, but they have a lot of promise as a couple.

Poor Buck. He is back to having bad luck with women. Abby really was one of a kind.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 13

I wouldn't have thought of pairing up Maddie with Chimney, but they have a lot of promise as a couple.

I wouldn't have thought of it either, but it seems to work.  I just wonder what will happen when the ex shows up--I'm assuming he will at some point this season.

The whole drugging subplot was amusing, although I personally would be hesitant about eating food from strangers.  (Buck: 'Did these beauty queens shrink, or are we suddenly giants?' LOL)

• Love 16

I love this show. Buck was clearly looking for a younger version of Abby in that reporter, and I'm glad she was honest about who she is. So many women try to change or hide things about themselves to land a "hot" guy, so I really loved when she told him she didn't care if he didn't like her or her actions.

I didn't really feel like any of the actors were good at playing "high" but I did love the Athena and Bobby's addiction discussion and the blended family homecoming scene. Also, loved tough Athena being freaked out by the kitty (serval?). 

I could do with out the domestic violence stuff, but I think Chimney and Maddie make a cute couple.

• Love 5

Bobby's fist-bumps with Athena's son were so cute. "Are you gonna be on TV?" "Not if I can help it." And I bet Athena and Bobby have a lot of fun conversations at dinner, although that "exotic animals" story was fucking gross. I had to look away. I like how the family is taking to Bobby.

I'm glad Athena arrested that woman (I assume). Dosing emergency responders with LSD?!

I didn't like the reporter at all, from the second she stepped into the firehouse so I'm glad she's not going to be a love interest for Buck.

I think I like Maddie and Chimney! (Do we know why he's called that? We know it's a grown-up story because they wouldn't tell it in front of Eddie's son or on TV.) They are both kind of sad people who deserve a little happiness, and I think it would be nice if they found it in each other.

I am confused about who does what. Bobby said last episode that he isn't a paramedic, but he seems to know a lot about medical stuff - he was good with the bodybuilder. And why does the fire truck go to calls where there is no fire? There was no reason for firefighters to be at that call - that was purely a medical emergency.

• Love 8

I started shipping Chimney and Maddie as soon as I saw him working on her alarm system. Not the craziest about her yet (don't hate her but don't love her yet either) but I love Chimney and want him to find real love this time. As for the body builder that froze up upon his inhale...before Bobby said the words, I told my husband that what he was experiencing was like a charley-horse in what sensei's call the "breadbasket" - that spot right below your ribs. And sure enough, Bobby said the exact same words. I had that happen to me in karate once - different circumstance but same feeling. Our sensei's had a rule - no intentional hits to the breadbasket. It is very painful. It's like taking a deep breath and not being able to exhale (okay, it feels like that because that is what it actually is).  I say it every week, but I'll say it again - this is slowly becoming one of my very favorite shows.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Bobby's fist-bumps with Athena's son were so cute. "Are you gonna be on TV?" "Not if I can help it." And I bet Athena and Bobby have a lot of fun conversations at dinner, although that "exotic animals" story was fucking gross. I had to look away. I like how the family is taking to Bobby.

I'm glad Athena arrested that woman (I assume). Dosing emergency responders with LSD?!

I didn't like the reporter at all, from the second she stepped into the firehouse so I'm glad she's not going to be a love interest for Buck.

I think I like Maddie and Chimney! (Do we know why he's called that? We know it's a grown-up story because they wouldn't tell it in front of Eddie's son or on TV.) They are both kind of sad people who deserve a little happiness, and I think it would be nice if they found it in each other.

I am confused about who does what. Bobby said last episode that he isn't a paramedic, but he seems to know a lot about medical stuff - he was good with the bodybuilder. And why does the fire truck go to calls where there is no fire? There was no reason for firefighters to be at that call - that was purely a medical emergency.

"I am confused about who does what. Bobby said last episode that he isn't a paramedic, but he seems to know a lot about medical stuff - he was good with the bodybuilder. And why does the fire truck go to calls where there is no fire? There was no reason for firefighters to be at that call - that was purely a medical emergency." 

Firefighters actually respond more to medical emergencies than fires. 

And the dosing thing, I wonder if it was their take on real first responders having to have Narcan on hand for themselves. There's been a dramatic increase in them getting dosed.   

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Fire Departments in a way are like insurance. With better safety codes they are not as needed for fires as they were in the past. But when a fire does break out they are needed. Meanwhile everybody will eventually get sick and die and because we have a system up and running the call to 9-1-1 will be made instead of people driving to a hospital on their own or initiating a family do not resuscitate plan. so paramedic units are over taxed. So the first responder is often a firefighter EMT while the city tries to route the next available rescue ambulance to the scene.

I guess city fire stations could have a van like the Firefighter/Paramedics that Los Angeles County (Emergency) had and just send out one or two instead of the entire company, but then if it is time to use the fire insurance truck  its crew would be separated from their equipment.

• Love 4

I was really confused by the helicopter rescue. The pilot appeared to be conscious and uninjured. Why didn't he cut the engine? There wasn't a mechanical problem keeping the helicopter running either because when Eddie got in, all he had to do was push a control stick and pull a lever. What gives?

Also, the reporter saying, "This is Kelly Taylor. And we're going down!" was way over the top, even for this show.

Edited by Xantar
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, notcreative enough said:

If it means Chimney  finally gets some love I can deal with Maddie.  However if you are scared of every bump in the night why would you move into such a big place. And how can she afford it she was in town for like 2 months. 

Just nope with the bugs. Couldn't watch. 

It didn't look that big to me. I think her place was half of a house or something. I'd have to rewatch, but I'm pretty sure her place only consisted of a small kitchen, a tiny living room area, and then the stairs leading up to her bedroom and a bathroom. The outside made it look bigger but it seemed like there were two apartments combined to look like one house. Hence why it was a struggle to get the couch through the door.

I didn't expect Maddie/Chimney but I'm here for it. I guess I shouldn't be that surprised, since this show gave us Abby/Buck and Athena/Bobby, two pairings that aren't so typical (usually it would be Abby/Bobby and Athena may or may not get a guy of her own, but not the male lead for sure). 

That reporter was not likable at all, so hopefully she's gone for good.

4 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I get why he may know some medical jargon and have some experience about that, but yeah, I agree that some of the calls the firefighters go on on this show don't really make sense, as it seems more like a medical situation, rather than a rescue.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Firefighters frequently go to medical emergency calls. I had to call 911 for my mom after a surgery that I had, because she was having some severe trouble with a drug that she was prescribed. Four people in her bedroom - 2 paramedics and 2 firefighters. I had to control the dog who slept on her bed to keep him from growling at everyone. And he was quite old at that point.

So much to say, but basically I loved this episode because it delved into Bobby's struggles again. As he's my favorite character, I feel for him at seeing the pain that he continues to go through. I hate that he's essentially off the wagon again, especially when it wasn't even his fault. But it was good for them to highlight that he will always be an addict/alcoholic and to have to choose the path that leads him to where he wants to be: away floating off into a netherworld where he thinks he can be with his family again, or here in the present with people that support him like Athena and his new blended family. The invitation into the group photo at the end killed me. How preciously adorable. More of all of this please.

Maddie and Chimney I could get behind. She clearly needs therapy for herself though, and I hope she takes Sue up on her offer.

Hated the reporter and her backwards Kelly Taylor name. 

The emergencies were pretty low-key except for the disgusting one. Which was just gross and vile and made me have to look away. Thanks, Ryan Murphy. But I've figured out that we're pretty much bound to get something icky, something kind of scary/shocking, and something super sweet/tear-jerking. Which okay, yeah it's a formula but it sure is working for me.

Oliver Stark (Buck) confirmed there will be 18 episodes.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I get why he may know some medical jargon and have some experience about that, but yeah, I agree that some of the calls the firefighters go on on this show don't really make sense, as it seems more like a medical situation, rather than a rescue.

In Los Angeles the firefighters go because they are available, literately sitting around waiting for a fire or major traffic accident and training while the rescue ambulances with the paramedics are almost constantly on runs. They are there first while a nearby RA unit is searched for to respond. If it wasn't for medical runs there would be political pressure to cut the number of firefighters  because all the scenes of them would be showing off equipment to elementary schools and sitting in their fire station.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Raja said:

In Los Angeles the firefighters go because they are available, literately sitting around waiting for a fire or major traffic accident and training while the rescue ambulances with the paramedics are almost constantly on runs. They are there first while a nearby RA unit is searched for to respond. If it wasn't for medical runs there would be political pressure to cut the number of firefighters  because all the scenes of them would be showing off equipment to elementary schools and sitting in their fire station.

I used to be an EMT, and there was typically always a firefighter that was certified as a Paramedic on an engine/ladder.  It was protocol for them to go on medical calls for this very reason.

• Love 4

That reporter was every Lois Lane type that I hate in every show whether it's sci-fi or not. She was a cliche and I hope she's gone. It did make me wonder about something though. What are the rules for the media videotaping someone who has called 911? I've always been under the impression that the people involved would have to sign a release, especially for a case where Bobby was asking about the patients medical information.

I can take or leave Maddie but I thought her response to that 911 call where she was just trying to get the woman to say something was a good one. 911 must get those kinds of calls often whether it's someone in a domestic abuse situation or a mass shooting. I couldn't handle it.

I really liked how the show examined Bobby reaction to having been dosed. He didn't get high on purpose but of course he would be craving more, especially since he had visions of his child. I like how Athena's family, including her ex, has accepted Bobby. He needs that and it's good for the kids.

The drugging story cracked me up because I used to work at a radio station and we always used to get food from grateful listeners and we always had to tell the new employees to throw it out. I was appalled the minute the camera panned across that table full of food.

• Love 8

Bobby being accepted by Athena's family was super adorable, and you could tell how much it meant to him to be a part of a family again. I also liked the conversation between Bobby and Athena about him being dosed and how that affected his sobriety. He didnt mean to get high, so it "doesn't count" when it comes to his sobriety, but it would still understandably mess him up. 

I liked most of the episode, even if the reporter stuff was kind of just there. She wasn't a great character, and using the video of Bobby being high was very crappy, but I did like how she told Buck that she was there to tell a story, not just be hit on and run a puff piece. Buck was clearly looking for Abby 2.0, and she sure wasn't it. Maybe give that woman he saved from the tower a call? 

I mean, who would think that drugging a bunch of medical professionals and firefighters while they were on duty? I mean, drugging anyone against their will is super fucked up, but its even worse when they have lives they need to save. And that bug eating contest was super gross. I do like lizards though, so I had no problem with them all popping it. Probably wouldn't snuggle with them while high, but I've always found giant lizards to be cool. 

"Are they small humans...or are we giants?!" 

Maddi has grown on me, and I can totally get behind her and Chimney. They have fun chemistry, and I like Maddi getting used to being at work, and learning more about their work there. Still not looking forward to her evil ex showing up, but I am enjoying the more down to earth stuff with her for now.

• Love 4

I got a kick out of the crew high on LSD, but Bobby's trip turned from funny to surprisingly poignant. I wasn't expecting that from a show like this, frankly. 

If I had one complaint it would be that I think Athena's family has moved a little too quickly into the blended territory. I don't know how much time is supposed to have passed since Bobby first met her children but posing for prom photos with Mom, Dad and Mom's new boyfriend seemed a little too progressive a little too soon.

OK, we have to find out why Chimney is called Chimney. There have been several references to it being off-color already. So what the hell is it? He fucked someone in a chimney? Is chimney a euphemism for his penis? WTF?

• Love 3
On 10/23/2018 at 12:37 PM, Lady Calypso said:

I didn't expect Maddie/Chimney but I'm here for it. I guess I shouldn't be that surprised, since this show gave us Abby/Buck and Athena/Bobby, two pairings that aren't so typical (usually it would be Abby/Bobby and Athena may or may not get a guy of her own, but not the male lead for sure). 

This show is unusual in that it seems to go for pairings that match interesting characters rather than the predictable age and race/ethnic ones. Bobby and Athena are one of my favorite tv couples. They complement each other so well. Bobby is with someone who is the rock that he needs and Athena is with a man who is not threatened by her job or strength. I do think that Bobby needs to go to therapy. Chatting with his priest occasionally isn't enough. I am looking forward to see how Maddie and Chimney's relationship unfolds. Chimney will be a rock for her when her ex-husband predictably shows up, but I agree with her supervisor that she should get therapy.

The food at the firehouse also reminds me of an old episode of The Bill, a British police procedural tv show. This elderly woman would bring delicious meat pies to the precinct. One day, one of the sergeants goes to her house and discovers that it is filthy, she has tons of cats that are walking on the pies all over the kitchen table. He tosses the pies when he gets back to the station in disgust. One of the cops comes in and complains that they didn't save any pies for him. Hilarious.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Xantar said:

I was really confused by the helicopter rescue. The pilot appeared to be conscious and uninjured. Why didn't he cut the engine? There wasn't a mechanical problem keeping the helicopter running either because when Eddie got in, all he had to do was push a control stick and pull a lever. What gives?

I couldn't believe that the first thing they did wasn't to kill the engine before trying to get the victims out of the helicopter.

3 hours ago, marceline said:

What are the rules for the media videotaping someone who has called 911? I've always been under the impression that the people involved would have to sign a release, especially for a case where Bobby was asking about the patients medical information.

When I've watched stuff like Cops or Alaska State Troopers, they will film civilians involved in the incidents, however unless they sign a release afterwards, they will blur out their faces and other identifying features, and will usually bleep out names or addresses that officers or others mention.  I assume they would bleep out any medical info the patient gave them that was picked up on the video.

Edited by Moose135
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Raja said:

I also know in some cities firetrucks travel with ambulances essentially as back up. It safer that way for everyone it's hard for a two person ambulance credit to do crowd control or treat multiple  victims. There is also the fact that people will try to rob ambulances so having more people around discourages that too. Plus if the fire crew is needed then they are already there.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

If I had one complaint it would be that I think Athena's family has moved a little too quickly into the blended territory. I don't know how much time is supposed to have passed since Bobby first met her children but posing for prom photos with Mom, Dad and Mom's new boyfriend seemed a little too progressive a little too soon.

I agree.  I don't want to be a curmudgeon, but I call fakery on this whole thing.  Definitely too much, too soon and I just don't see that happening in real life.  Her children seem to love Bobby and even the husband acts like he has a man-crush on him.  (Wait.  Could that be another storyline?  I'd love that, lol.)  

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Emily Thrace said:

I also know in some cities firetrucks travel with ambulances essentially as back up. It safer that way for everyone it's hard for a two person ambulance credit to do crowd control or treat multiple  victims. There is also the fact that people will try to rob ambulances so having more people around discourages that too. Plus if the fire crew is needed then they are already there.

Inside the city in areas covered by LAFD I don't think I ever seen that. Perhaps in a major incident private ambulances would supplement  the city RA units. On the other hand if the LA County Fire responds it is like on Emergency with the Firefighter/Paramedic van and private ambulances. With one firefighter/paramedic driving the van following the ambulance with the other paramedic to the hospital.

3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I agree. I just want to know how long it's been. Athena told Michael it has been "a few months," before she and Bobby went public as a couple. Do Athena and Michael still live together? Does Michael have the boyfriend he had last season? Because if he does, shouldn't we be seeing him at dinner and for family pictures? Bobby clearly doesn't stay over at Athena's but we've seen Athena and Bobby in bed together. I initially thought she must stay at his place when Michael has the kids, but it seems like they both kind of have the kids? Are they divorced but coparenting in the same house? 

What I do like is that Bobby isn't trying to jam himself into Athena's family - it's mostly (always?) been Michael who does that. If anything, Bobby seems to be wary of doing too much too soon - he didn't even ring the doorbell after the earthquake because he didn't think her kids should meet him yet. Michael invited Bobby for dinner, he asked Bobby to be in the picture. Part of me wonders if that's because he feels guilty about initiating the divorce, but then he also does genuinely seem to like Bobby. 

I can't wait for the Halloween episode.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 2

I liked this episode but being a reporter myself I just hated that traffic reporter. For one thing, someone who is just starting out would not get any kind of assignment which would take days.

I am glad they didn’t show the firefighters high. Most legit papers and tv stations wouldn’t show that since the guys were poisoned and not purposely coming to work high. I like the couples so far. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, luvapickle said:

"I am confused about who does what. Bobby said last episode that he isn't a paramedic, but he seems to know a lot about medical stuff - he was good with the bodybuilder. And why does the fire truck go to calls where there is no fire? There was no reason for firefighters to be at that call - that was purely a medical emergency." 

Firefighters actually respond more to medical emergencies than fires. 

And the dosing thing, I wonder if it was their take on real first responders having to have Narcan on hand for themselves. There's been a dramatic increase in them getting dosed.   

Have they had an actual fire call yet? I can’t remember. You’d think they’d have at least one run into a burning building fire by now. Huh, I really can’t recall.  

Edited by dreadfulLeigh
13 minutes ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

Have they had an actual fire call yet? I can’t remember. You’d think they’d have at least one run into a burning building fire by now. Huh, I really can recall.  

There was the burning airliner in the ocean.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I agree.  I don't want to be a curmudgeon, but I call fakery on this whole thing.  Definitely too much, too soon and I just don't see that happening in real life.  Her children seem to love Bobby and even the husband acts like he has a man-crush on him.  (Wait.  Could that be another storyline?  I'd love that, lol.)  

I think with Michael, he might be overcompensating a bit out of guilt for his affair, and how he initiated the divorce. Plus, he married Athena when he knew he was gay, even if he wasn't alright with it or had dealt with it. I feel for him, but I think he feels guilty about being married to her for so long, knowing that he could never love her in that way, and then cheating on her, so he really wants to show how supportive he is of her new relationship. 

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I agree.  I don't want to be a curmudgeon, but I call fakery on this whole thing.  Definitely too much, too soon and I just don't see that happening in real life.  Her children seem to love Bobby and even the husband acts like he has a man-crush on him. 

I wonder if Athena's ever shared some of Bobby's past with Michael and the kids. It seems like they know he is hurting and are doing their best to welcome him and make him feel at home.

I guess I didn't see the big deal about the pictures. Bobby was on the end, so he can always be Photoshopped out if things go sour in the future.

Edited by AgentRXS
  • Love 1

As far as rushing into it, I think they've hinted at things taking place in little ways. Bobby is known to be a great cook, so it looks like he might have made a few meals over there which means they could have been bonding without it being shown. I bet Harry thinks that being a firefighter is really cool. And May probably just wants Athena to be happy. They adapted very well to the divorce and took to that major change pretty quickly. So it could be that they're just comfortable around Bobby because they know that the security with Dad is still there.

What is Michael's job again? Why can't I remember? Is he a stay at home dad?

• Love 2

I thought the "dosed" stuff was kind of silly until they showed real consequences for Bobby. I also liked Maddie showing that her fear is real and present in the now even though she has left the abuser. The fear doesn't magically disappear. JLH was terrific there.

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

Nice to see Susan Ruttan (Roxanne from L.A. Law) as the LSD lady. Any of y’all old enough to remember that great show?!

She was also on "Mom" last week or the week before. I guess she's making a comeback : )

• Love 1
5 hours ago, hookedontv said:

2. Nice to see Susan Ruttan (Roxanne from L.A. Law) as the LSD lady. Any of y’all old enough to remember that great show?!

For a minute there I thought it was Cyndi Lauper.

I really hope the show doesn't feature the Athena's family and Bobby lovefest anymore because I've seen enough.  

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 1

I am confused about who does what. Bobby said last episode that he isn't a paramedic, but he seems to know a lot about medical stuff - he was good with the bodybuilder.

In my neck of the woods, you have to get certified as an EMT before you can get a job with the fire department. You aren't required to keep it renewed though, once you're hired (although many do so they can make extra money working ambulance shifts on their time off). Also, given the number of years Bobby has been at this job, it stands to reason he's seen it all by now and would have learned a lot of EMT stuff by osmosis.

I think with Michael, he might be overcompensating a bit out of guilt for his affair, and how he initiated the divorce. Plus, he married Athena when he knew he was gay, even if he wasn't alright with it or had dealt with it. I feel for him, but I think he feels guilty about being married to her for so long, knowing that he could never love her in that way, and then cheating on her, so he really wants to show how supportive he is of her new relationship.

I get all that but the kids themselves just seem unrealistically close to Mom's new squeeze in such a short time. That said I guess I prefer the lack of angst because the alternative is bratty kids coming between Athena and Bobby and that's the last thing I want to watch.

• Love 9
On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 4:30 PM, SimoneS said:

This show is unusual in that it seems to go for pairings that match interesting characters rather than the predictable age and race/ethnic ones.

Yeah, I legitimately thought that Maddie and Eddie would get paired up purely based on the fact that they're both good-looking brunettes with beautiful olive skin tone. (And in real life, they're both from Texas.) Although Eddie has enough on his plate dealing with raising a handicapped son.

I loved the LSD stuff, honestly. I haven't seen much of the first season so I don't know if there was a flashback or photo of his daughter- did she have red hair like the reporter? I interpreted the LSD scene to mean that one of the reasons he didn't like the reporter is that she resembled a grown-up version of his daughter.

1. How does Maddie afford such a nice place? 

I'm going to pretend it's the site of a horrendous murder with rumblings of hauntings, thus the steep discount.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I get all that but the kids themselves just seem unrealistically close to Mom's new squeeze in such a short time. That said I guess I prefer the lack of angst because the alternative is bratty kids coming between Athena and Bobby and that's the last thing I want to watch.

Yeah there is a medium there and its slightly annoying. Although its mostly bothering me that the longer Athena and Bobby are smooth sailing the more worried I am Bobby is going to get drunk and wrap his car around a pole or something else predictable for an alcoholic fuck up. 

I do wonder what Micheal will make about Bobby's history. I think right now he just thinks Bobby reluctance is just about him not having kids. Micheal might have trust issue especially if he finds out Bobby is an addict at the same time. Although I also think that some of the misunderstanding on Micheal's part is him not getting Minesota polite. (Which in all fairness  is probably very different from what Micheal grew up with) He keeps pushing and I'm wondering when Bobby is going to push back.  Bobby is starting to get into passive aggressive territory with not telling Micheal the truth at this point.   I get not telling the kids its a lot for them to absorb, but Micheal keeps trying to make Bobby family and he deserves to know why Bobby is so reluctant. 

• Love 1

I haven't seen much of the first season so I don't know if there was a flashback or photo of his daughter- did she have red hair like the reporter? 

No, I don't recall that they ever showed any flashbacks or photographs of his family last season. And I don't know that the reporter herself was meant to be a trigger in any way - I think seeing Athena's daughter in the prom dress was meant to be the trigger. The reporter was just an unrelated story thread. Clearly Bobby is uncomfortable with the concept of anyone calling him a hero given his history.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I might have missed the conversation, but does Athena know about Bobby's role in the death of his family and others, or does she just know that they were all killed in a fire? 

Didn't he tell her when she found him in the church?

Definitely in favor of Maddie and Chimney, which is surprisingly the hell out of me.

• Love 5

I'd be very disappointed in her if Athena told anyone Bobby's secret. It wouldn't do anyone any good and would be horrible for Bobby. He has been atoning for his mistake to the very best of his ability and then some (magic blood!) so in my opinion no extra opprobrium needs to be heaped on his head.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I haven't seen much of the first season so I don't know if there was a flashback or photo of his daughter- did she have red hair like the reporter? I interpreted the LSD scene to mean that one of the reasons he didn't like the reporter is that she resembled a grown-up version of his daughter.

In Season 1x5, Point of Origin, they showed his entire family - wife, son and daughter. They showed him putting the kids to bed. Both kids' hair was blond.

Hen told Athena some of Bobby's background with his alcoholism, that he went on a bender once.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, CoderLady said:

I'd be very disappointed in her if Athena told anyone Bobby's secret. It wouldn't do anyone any good and would be horrible for Bobby. He has been atoning for his mistake to the very best of his ability and then some (magic blood!) so in my opinion no extra opprobrium needs to be heaped on his head.  

I don't think Athena should tell anyone about Bobby. Bobby should be telling people about at least the fact that he had a family. Bobby needs to be honest, hiding from his past isn't good for his relationships, his emotional recovery or his sobriety. I get that keeping moving was how he kept sane but he needs to move past his survival mode and into really living. Telling Athena was a great first step and he needs to keep making them. It's the only way he will ever be able to move past what happened. Choosing to let Michael know about his family rather than it happenning accidentally like with the team would be good for him.

• Love 2

I agree that Athena's kids accepted Bobby awfully quick. I also think if Bobby is going to be treated as a family member, Michael's partner should be as well. Yet he hasn't been seen and not mentioned at all this season.

• Love 3
On 10/23/2018 at 4:30 PM, SimoneS said:

I am looking forward to see how Maddie and Chimney's relationship unfolds. Chimney will be a rock for her when her ex-husband predictably shows up, but I agree with her supervisor that she should get therapy.

Chimney will be all "Hey, crazy dude, I had an entire steel bar go through my skull and I'm still walking and talking.  I'm not afraid of you."

• Love 9

I agree with all that's said above. I will also add that I finally like Jennifer Love Hewitt in something....she used to grate on me in pretty much everything but I loved her here. I wanted to find the firefighters being drugged funny but it horrified me that they were all on a call...

Thank God for Chimney and for Athena being smart to assess the situation. I have been binging on this show for the past three weeks and completely LOVE it....

• Love 2