Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E5: Edward vs. Lewis

Jeff and Gage are at it again. Not only are they competing over who does what around the house, but whose flip is moving along fastest. Meanwhile, new troubles pop up at Valley Vista and Old Hollywood. Not to mention, team JLD has been rehired by Calabasas clients Liat and Trevor. Will the competition between Jeff and Gage break them or make them work harder?

(I hope it's okay to start this thread. The show aired a couple days ago.)

• Love 2

tobeannounced, thanks for starting this thread.  I'm concerned that interest and ratings for the show have dipped a lot seeing as the episode threads are no longer being posted. I wish we could have seen the footage between Jeff, Liat and Trevor when they rehired him.

I've really tried to like Gage. Even when Jeff is being unreasonable or petty, as he was this episode, I find it very difficult to sympathize with Gage.  He is just so humorless. 

Jeff and his grandmother, rest her soul, have very similar personality traits.  I enjoy seeing their interactions. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Pegasaurus said:

Jeff and Gage have such a strange relationship - at least on camera.  They rarely even seem like a couple.  I think adorable Monroe is the glue for them!

I don't get the love for the Valley Vista house.  I guess this is where Jeff wants to live? Because it surely is costing him way too much to flip.  Although, with Jeff, most things are possible.  Aside from the views, which I guess are good for LA, it's on an awful street and that driveway!  I know it won't always be loose dirt & rock, but I held my breath for Megan when she was trying to walk down it.  The street has a double-yellow center line which means it's a thoroughfare, which usually means heavier traffic.  IDK, I just don't get the love.  Or the angst.

So sad about Jeff's grandma.  Even when you know they have had their time in the world, it's still so hard to live without them.  My mom died 7 years ago at the age of 87. Although it was sudden, I know she felt she had lived a good life & was ready for whatever.  I wish I had been ready.  Not a day goes by that I don't think of her and miss her with all my heart.

I also don't get the love for Valley Vista. There doesn't seem to be a lot of yard space for Monroe to run around in or put a swing set. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but I guess we'll see if/when it's finished.

It was so sad to hear Jeff telling Liat about his grandmother losing both her only child and husband within a month. Poor woman. It's nice that she and Jeff have a close relationship.

I sympathize with you on the loss of your mother. I lost my mom last year, also at age 87, after a brief illness. I don't believe we can ever truly be ready for such a significant loss in our lives but we just learn to deal with it, as difficult and painful as it is.

• Love 3
(edited)

Can somebody explain to me New Hollywood, Old Hollywood and Valley Vista? I assume their office is in New Hollywood?  Will New and Old be flipped when the one they're going to live in (Valley Vista?) is finished? Is Valley Vista close to the Hollywood homes? TIA!

Edited by tobeannounced
  • Love 1

So, New Hollywood and Old Hollywood are next door to each other. Jeff bought Old Hollywood to do a "quick" flip and then when looking out the window at the view became concerned that some nasty developer would snatch up New Hollywood and add a story making Old Hollywood's view nonexistent so, because New Hollywood was for sale and everyone was going absolutely insane living in Valley Vista while the renovations continued he bought New Hollywood which didn't need any work but preserved the view of Old Hollywood and gave them a place to live and work while Valley Vista was being finished and had the bonus of being right next door to their other project. Currently New Hollywood is the home and office, Old Hollywood is the place Gage is working on (that keeps leaking etc.) and Valley Vista is the home that, in theory, Jeff, Gage, and Monroe will move back to once it's finished and live "forever" or until Jeff decides to sell it and start this whole thing over again. Valley Vista and New/Old Hollywood are about 10 miles apart, but with LA traffic that's about a half an hour. 

Valley Vista actually has a pretty big yard (this is an older picture before the front fountains were installed:

vv.thumb.jpg.4e771036fc377fd98dcffa12c1ac4999.jpg

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, lu1535 said:

I would hate to be the neighbors at Valley Vista. Never a quiet day.

Have you ever seen Jeff go off on one of his neighbors? I don’t care where..I don’t ever wish to live next to him. Besides his cranky personality there would be constant noise from construction. He just can’t help himself. 

• Love 3

I was intrigued when Jenni said the house had been owned by John Edward. (no "s" for the psychic) I had a private reading with him once, many years ago and he was astounding. Wonder what the vibes were like when he left....................and how many spirits were left behind. :o

• Love 3

New Hollywood was also an old flip of Jeff’s and it was they were renting with an option to buy and using it as their offices after they left Jeff’s other dream house on the hill and before Valley Vista. When they were renting the plumbing was an issue and it’s the house where Jeff declared that he was limiting bathroom breaks to only peeing.

On 10/12/2018 at 7:20 AM, tobeannounced said:

Will New and Old be flipped when the one they're going to live in (Valley Vista?) is finished?

A couple of years ago Jeff flipped the house Gage wanted to live in.

After that, I figured every house would be flipped to make a buck.   Every house.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, clod said:

After that, I figured every house would be flipped to make a buck.   Every house.

I guess this is a lifestyle (moving a lot) that Jeff likes; especially if he is making money off of it. I just hope it changes when Monroe goes into school. Moving wouldn’t be too harsh on her as long as she can remain in the same school. She will need some stability as a child. The contentious relationship between her two dads won’t provide that for her. Gosh forbid those men break up. Who would she go to? Although Jeff’s biological child she seems more bonded with Gage. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I guess this is a lifestyle (moving a lot) that Jeff likes; especially if he is making money off of it. I just hope it changes when Monroe goes into school. Moving wouldn’t be too harsh on her as long as she can remain in the same school. She will need some stability as a child. The contentious relationship between her two dads won’t provide that for her. Gosh forbid those men break up. Who would she go to? Although Jeff’s biological child she seems more bonded with Gage. 

I seem to recall that the comment was made by Jeff, that (whichever house it was) was closer to Monroe's school.  I wasn't sure if he meant her future school or current school, but I would imagine that she will be attending a private school, and I wouldn't think that neighborhood would have a lot to do with it, outside of her nanny's ability to driver her to/from.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I seem to recall that the comment was made by Jeff, that (whichever house it was) was closer to Monroe's school.  I wasn't sure if he meant her future school or current school, but I would imagine that she will be attending a private school, and I wouldn't think that neighborhood would have a lot to do with it, outside of her nanny's ability to driver her to/from.

In that case (private school) you are right. It would be fine wherever they lived as long as she can be commuted. When they do choose where to grow roots I hope there are children nearby for her to play with. She seems to live in a isolated world. 

• Love 2

I just came here to say if I were Gage during that exchange about the dresses that would have been the moment I decided to poison Jeff little by little. What a horrible fucking person.

This show probably won't do well in the ratings in the current climate because people are constantly having to deal with assholes. There's nothing special or extraordinary about Jeff Lewis that makes his being an asshole forgivable or worth ignoring.

Edited by Drumpf1737
  • Love 4

I do find it very sad that Jeff is talking about traveling while his grandmother is near her end in hospice.  My sisters and I spent every moment we could just sitting with my dad in hospice.  We didn’t even know if he was aware of our presence.  You just don’t want your loved one to die alone.

• Love 5

I can’t stand Jenny ..she’s just a shit starter ... she thinks she knows everything and just repeats everything that egomaniac Jeff says .... all the indoor non workers are so annoying .. all they do is talk shit about everyone else but I have no idea what they do besides kiss Jeff’s ass... don’t get me wrong the 2 worthless managers are d bags but the indoor gaggle of stuck up idiots just talk shit like they know everything 

• Love 1

Thank you Lisin for the home/flips explanation.

Now it would be nice to get a job description of what everyone who works on the indoors.  There are a lot people but they don't seem to do much but follow Jeff around and agree with him.  

It looks like Jeff and Gage are happy together on Instagram.  Kinda shocking because Jeff is just awful to Gage.