Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E25: Brazilian General Election 2018

• Start Topic

Why are so many countries trying to have their own Trump lately? Please stop this trend, world. It's not a road you want to go down. I'm scared to Google to find out how that election's going. This weekend's news has sucked enough as it is. 

Regarding everything with Kavanaugh, as an Iowan, I would just like to apologize to the country for Grassley. I remember my dad telling me a story once about an interesting interview he had with Grassley one time a couple decades back, when he was a radio DJ. Suffice to say the guy's been an idiot for a good long while now, at the very least. And I love how Hatch is telling those women to "grow up" while continuing to support a guy whose immaturity would embarrass a two-year old.  I cannot wait until November. 

In happier topics, I loved the bit about the ridiculous Weather Channel graphics. The graveyard one in particular cracked me up-I watch that channel a lot and yet I somehow missed seeing that one. WTF? 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 6

I'm scared to Google to find out how that election's going.

That scumbag Bolsonaro just captured 46% of the vote. So there's going to be a runoff election between that scxumbag asshole and the other guy Haddad. And I can't imagine a scenario where that assholeface loses. All I can say is, please release the book Marlon Bundo Punches That Guy Right Square In The Face immediately! (and while you're at it, make an American version with Drumpf inserted in place of Bolsonaro)

• Love 7

Thanks for the update. Hopefully the swell of people Oliver mentioned who came out in protest against him in recent weeks will encourage and sway others towards Haddad instead. 

9 minutes ago, Victor the Crab said:

All I can say is, please release the book Marlon Bundo Punches That Guy Right Square In The Face immediately! (and while you're at it, make an American version with Drumpf inserted in place of Bolsonaro)

Agreed. 

Great, another right-winger with no real political experience and zero manners might take over another country. Like the rest of the world doesn't hate the United States enough. Trump wins, and a dog whistle is blown that is heard by every rich/tone-deaf asshole in the world. I'm hoping for a "blue wave" next month. Failing that, I'd settle for a group of women pummeling Sen. Hatch in a malfunctioning elevator.

2 hours ago, Annber03 said:

In happier topics, I loved the bit about the ridiculous Weather Channel graphics. The graveyard one in particular cracked me up-I watch that channel a lot and yet I somehow missed seeing that one. WTF? 

Should I start watching the Weather Channel now? I might need to after seeing the clips. Also, I'm hoping Sean Hannity's instructors have been teaching him all the wrong moves in the martial arts they teach him.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Should I start watching the Weather Channel now? I might need to after seeing the clips. Also, I'm hoping Sean Hannity's instructors have been teaching him all the wrong moves in the martial arts they teach him.

I'd like to think Sean Hannity's training involves him being thrown to the floor  a lot and "accidentally" punched. Also, it's fine to be interested in martial arts but talking about it constantly doesn't make you seem more manly it makes you sound insecure.

I know humanity has always had issues but are things just magnified now because of social media and the 24 hour news cycle? I mean, things seem awful and hopeless but are things that much worse than previous times or is it just that we know more about all the terrible things happening in the world?

• Love 5

Good piece. Yep, that's a sadly familiar scenario indeed. 

I'd like to remain hopeful for the outcome for that election, but given the hellish events in the news lately in general it's hard to get into that mindset. 

• Love 2