Type keyword(s) to search

S27: DeMarcus Ware: The Best Defense is a Good Waltz Sequence

• Start Topic

DeMarcus Ware is widely regarded as one of the greatest defensive players in NFL History, and is projected to be a first-ballot NFL Hall of Fame candidate upon his eligibility in 2021. Born and raised in Auburn, AL, Ware attended Auburn High School and played baseball, basketball and track, but was not a member of the football team until his junior year. The following season, he earned team MVP honors. He went on to Troy University. As a senior, he was the Sun Belt Conference Defensive Player of the Year. His 27.5 sacks are 2nd in Troy history and his 57 tackles for a loss is a school record. Ware was selected in the 1st round (11th overall) by the Dallas Cowboys in the 2005 NFL Draft and spent nine seasons with the franchise (2005-2013). He is the Cowboys' all-time leader in sacks (117) and forced fumbles (32). He was signed by the Denver Broncos in 2014, where he helped lead the team to victory in Super Bowl 50. He retired in March 2017 after 12 illustrious seasons in the NFL. Only hall of famers Reggie White and Lawrence Taylor averaged more sacks per game. He twice received the "Butkus Award"—given to the best linebackers in America who also uphold the responsibility of serving others by giving back. He was also the Dallas Cowboys nominee for the Walter Payton Man of the Year Award that is presented annually, honoring a player's volunteer and charity work, as well as his excellence on the field.

DeMarcus Ware is partnered with Pro Lindsay Arnold.

I truly am so tired of football players. It's a guaranteed finals trip and a huge chance to win. They pretend to act surprised still 27 seasons later that they are good EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Just do football players from now on, forget about even casting female stars. Lord knows it's been since season 23 since the last one won and here we are at season 27.

• Love 1

For me, Im over the football players obsession. They never do it for me dancing wise, just too stiff and yet they get praised to the high heavens. Just because Demarcus is going last in the first week doesnt mean he is going to win. Its been plenty who went last and did not win, didnt even make it to the finals. I agree Its time for a woman to win and we got plenty this season that can easily do it im sure if the voting public gives them chance which im sure they want.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

For me, Im over the football players obsession. They never do it for me dancing wise, just too stiff and yet they get praised to the high heavens. Just because Demarcus is going last in the first week doesnt mean he is going to win. Its been plenty who went last and did not win, didnt even make it to the finals. I agree Its time for a woman to win and we got plenty this season that can easily do it im sure if the voting public gives them chance which im sure they want.

You make it sound as though a woman has never won.  Haven't the majority of past winners been female?

1 hour ago, legaleagle53 said:

You make it sound as though a woman has never won.  Haven't the majority of past winners been female?

I actually think its been more guys with the football players reigning surpreme. Listen, im just over the same o same crap, its get old and boring. I just do not enjoy the football players dancing and im huge football fan but hate seeing them  dance.

• Love 1

I sort of agree with Pure that DeMarcus is going to be hard to beat, as long as he can sort of dance. A former Dallas Cowboy paired with Lindsay? Yeah, I agree with them that's it's his to lose unless he is a jerk (doubtful) or that he just can't dance at all.

• Love 2

Going last isn't a guarantee you're going to win the season but I can at least take a guess it will be a showstopper dance.

I can recall a lot of football players, but off the top of my head I honestly only remember 3 or 4 winning. I think we've had just as many Olympic athletes competing/winning.

• Love 3

Yes, I agree he is going to rock the house down. The Dallas Cowboys are hugely popular and I'm sure he will be the fanbase ringer of the group. Unless, of course, he can't dance.

Even the football players who didn't win made the semifinals at least. I can't remember any football player being an early out?

Maybe more women won in total, but the last 3 have been won by men, with women getting slaughtered, the last 3 top two celebs have been male/male, male/female, male/male.

Laurie won in fall 2016, and here we are in fall 2018 and it's been men dominating.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mittengirl said:

Are they? Outside of Texas, I mean?

Yep. They’re like the Yankees of football (they call themselves “America’s Team”)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2017/09/18/the-dallas-cowboys-head-the-nfls-most-valuable-teams-at-4-8-billion/#4f27a494243f

The Cowboys are the NFL’s most valuable team for the 11th straight year and the world’s most valuable sports franchise. America’s Team is worth $4.8 billion, up 14%, with profits of $350 million thanks to a booming merchandise business and the revenue opportunities at their new practice facility, The Star.