Type keyword(s) to search

S02E03: This Deadly Secret...

In unsurprising news, Danny delivers the world's most awkward dinner party thanks to having it populated with guests whose relationships with him are awkward at best, keeping things hidden from them, and then revealing said secrets at the most inopportune moment.  Oh, and he springs all of this on his girlfriend at the last minute as well.  Classic Danny! 

Yep, it looks like Mary is also Walker: a P.I. hired by Joy and Davos to snoop on Danny and Colleen.  And she's apparently handy with a knife too!

And... the parlay with the Triad goes to shit.  Of course it does!

• Love 7

I'm enjoying this season more than the first. I loved Colleen just cutting through the bullshit after the dinner party and laying it all on the line. And of course Ward is  no show after setting this all into motion.

I'm over Joy though. Pity party Joy: "Danny is the worst because he knew my crazy evil dad was alive for like two weeks before I did and didn't tell me. Danny ruined my life by revealing that my crazy evil dad was crazy and evil and I'm pretty sure responsible for killing Danny's parents. Danny is the worst." Not one word about how her dad was actually the worst in all of this, you know based on previous actions. Daddy's girl, lol.

Also I see that Davos, while a fun bad guy, is also the kind of bad guy I don't like. "I'm the only one who's noble and knows what honor and morals are." RME.

• Love 11

Just starting this episode but, man, the opener really feels out of order. Like there should have been another episode that took place between the ending of 2 and the beginning of this. Danny and Colleen arguing with each other comes out of the blue; Danny's been running around at night and not coming home... I wonder if the writers on this checked in with the writers of eps 1 and 2? (I mean, of course they did, but the tone really doesn't fit that which has come before.) They've been laying the groundwork to this, sure, but there was some kind of off-screen escalation and that isn't really a good sign. Show, don't tell.

• Love 1

Hm. Not sure what to make of that episode. I can say thank God for Colleen for breaking through that silly BS dinner. At least they gave a little more credence to Joy's apparent hatred of Danny (who, as usual, elevates the tension by deciding it was somehow prudent to reveal that he and Ward were still keeping things from Joy. D'oh!)

So they revealed how Mary fits into the plot, at least somewhat. Still feels a bit random, but at least it assuages the fears I had about things- that they brought her in as a love triangle (a twisted one) that would drive a wedge between him and Colleen. All three of the other shows had this fascination with using their second seasons to break down relationships between characters, so I was afraid that was where they were going here. They may still but at least that doesn't seem to be the reason for Mary just yet. (That has tended to be a major arc of her comic counterpart, after all.)

• Love 2

Thee episodes in and Danny remains a complete idiot. At least it seems like the show acknowledges he's dumb as a brick and it's apparently a plot point now.  But it makes Colleen look dumb for wanting to be around him.  Can we just dispense with Danny for all non-Defenders series and get Knightwing Restorations already?  Colleen & Misty > Danny and even Danny and Luke any day. 

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 2

That dinner party was some high key levels of awkwardness. It somehow was so cringey that it turned all the way around and became hilarious. Especially Colleen becoming increasingly annoyed with everyone trying to be fake polite despite the obvious bad vibes. 

"Dad was a troubled man" seems to be a pretty big freaking understatement, Joy. I get that he was your dad, but...dude was also an undead super-villain in league with a murder cult. At some point, you have to admit that him not being around is probably for the best. I wanted Danny to respond to Joy saying that he kept her dad away from her to be like "yeah well, your parents kept my parents away from me a lot longer. Because he had them killed." 

• Love 4

Okay, as much as I love Colleen and Misty, I'm totally here for Danny and Ward. I need a Daughters of the Dragon spin-off, and a Danny/Ward bromance-centric spin-off.

Colleen and BB, damn, the boy's dead injecting himself into the business, isn't he? 

Joy issues with Ward about undead Father. Totally understandable. But Danny, totally don't get it.

And now confirmation Mary will actually be somewhat important to the main plot and not something was just kinda thrown in there. And I don't know, between BB-again, still, the stupidest name ever which I was glad was brought up in the episode, and Mary, the show seems to really try to wedge Colleen and Danny apart.

And who knew a Marvel show would deliver my favorite "date night".

Chtulhudrew brings up something I thought when the episode started... I thought maybe somehow I skipped an episode. It seemed like the previous episode and the beginning of this one didn't line up.

On 9/20/2018 at 9:19 PM, CyberJawa1986 said:

Okay, as much as I love Colleen and Misty, I'm totally here for Danny and Ward. I need a Daughters of the Dragon spin-off, and a Danny/Ward bromance-centric spin-off.

Colleen and BB, damn, the boy's dead injecting himself into the business, isn't he? 

Joy issues with Ward about undead Father. Totally understandable. But Danny, totally don't get it.

And now confirmation Mary will actually be somewhat important to the main plot and not something was just kinda thrown in there. And I don't know, between BB-again, still, the stupidest name ever which I was glad was brought up in the episode, and Mary, the show seems to really try to wedge Colleen and Danny apart.

And who knew a Marvel show would deliver my favorite "date night".

Chtulhudrew brings up something I thought when the episode started... I thought maybe somehow I skipped an episode. It seemed like the previous episode and the beginning of this one didn't line up.

Joy can go fuck herself Her dad KILLED Danny's parents. Her dad was Evil. Her blaming Danny for that is Bullshit and Writers should've had Danny bring that up to Her 

• Love 2