Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk

• Start Topic

Days did have that serial killer storyline where they were killing off EVERYONE and then it seemed like Marlena was the killer but then it was just that everyone was on an island somewhere...

It was very weird.

But is it weirder than a spaceship to heaven or an undergound city or time travel back to the Old West?

• Love 4

There's weird, and then there's soap operas. If a story is set up well and written well, I'll buy it, no matter how nutty the premise.

I bought the concept of an underground city. I thought it was weird but I bought it. (It was a little harder to buy the fact that everyone just wore the Eterna jumpsuits the entire time but I was young.)

That being said, I was also young during the spaceship to heaven AND the time travel storylines and thought both were absolutely ludicrous.

And, let's be real, the whole Two Todds story was idiotic. I accepted it because that's how desperate I was to have Todd Manning back in a form I recognized (not necessarily Howarth but as a man who was legitimately connected to the people he was supposed to love) and to have a lot of Ron's bullshit wiped out. (The 'paddling away from happiness' crap as well as the Grossening.

Sometimes, it's not so much if a story is written well than it is what I really really really want. Some things mattered more than others, no question. "Todd" throwing Starr down the stairs led to the complete destruction of a character I loved in spite of knowing better and Howarth's return wiped all of that away and I was thrilled for it even though Ron wasted way too much time on Tea shrieking that Victor loved her in ways Todd never could and Blair outright disappearing for large chunks of time. Not to mention that so much of that tale contradicted what had been established early on in it. And I've never been happy with Irene getting completely dismantled... she was no angel but she loved her children and I couldn't really buy the whole story they tried to tell there.

I was totally able to over look the fact that they gave Max a complete overhaul with his face with a storyline as to why and then erased it when they got JDP back because I loved JDP so much that I didn't care... I was just glad to see him again. (And don't even get me started on what they ended up doing to Max Holden. And the Holden family in general. It's why it's so easy for me to say 'Gabrielle survived and she and Max are happy in Argentina.' Because that's what I want!!)

I'll accept a lot to get what I want.

The spaceship to heaven though... I still can't with that one.

• Love 7
(edited)

Isn't it!

I gotta say, considering how extremely over Dani I was once she got shuttled off to stupid Nate and stopped hating VicTodd and ate the show in mid-to-late 2010, I remain stunned to this day how into Dani I was on the reboot and a lot of that had to do with Kelley Missal.  She's a talent and I hope that guest spot was the first of more success for her.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

Did it annoy me that "General Hospital" used Kish's song, "My Confession", as the soundtrack to Maxie and Nathan's contrived split today?

...have you just met me?

Did they really? I'm glad I gave GH a pass today, that would have irritated the hell out of me, too.

This probably doesn't fit here, but there isn't an "OLTL Stars in Other Roles" thread and I just had to talk about this so here I am.

Old Man Nate is in How to Get Away with Murder, which is just SO hilarious to me. I crack up and shout "OLD MAN NATE!" any time he appears on screen.

• Love 1

This week's TV Guide had more information about Melissa Archer's character on "Days of our Lives".  She'll be playing Serena Mason, a globe-trotting journalist (soapy!) with a romantic past with Greg Vaughn's character (steamy!) and immediately makes an enemy of his love interest (catfight-y!).  

Color me...kinda excited!  This sounds like a really great role for Melissa.

ETA...the full interview is up on TV Guide's web site:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Melissa-Archer-Days-1089471.aspx

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

I had one of the reboot episodes on while I was finishing up some wrapping and it occurred to me that, when 2014 comes to a close, it will be the first year since the show's creation where there was no new episode of "One Life to Live".  Sad.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

I honestly cannot tell whether she is trying to refer to Ron or not.

As being the writer of a scene where Dorian hires prostitutes for Blair?  Yeah, I'd say that's Ron.  I mean, he wrote practically the same scene for David and Matthew after Matthew got dumped by Dani.

Did some version of this even air?

• Love 1

Good for Robin. I know some people were grossed out, but I wasn't bothered by the hooker scenes with David & Matthew - that was a very David thing to do & light & comedic as the scenes were David wasn't portrayed as being in the right - but it wouldn't have worked for Dorian & Blair atall.

• Love 1

All I really remember is that the introduction of David's lady of the evening friend kicked off a very annoying, very juvenile summer story for Viki, Charlie, Dorian, and David.

And Matthew pretty much disappeared, only surfacing to prop the allegedly dreamy and not-at-all-old Nate.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
(edited)

Apparently, [Gotham spoilers]

Gordon is investigating a murder on the Haly's Circus fairgrounds and encounters both John Grayson and his future bride Mary Lloyd.  And, no doubt, Lil' Bruce Wayne will have some big, winking scene with them.

I really liked Gorrie as Matthew.  I think he caught some of the brunt of the complaints that the twenty-somethings were on and drinking and swearing too much, but I thought he did a great job taking over for Eddie Alderson, he clicked with his on-screen family, and he had tons of chemistry with Kelly Missal. 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

I was just going to come post this!

So cute. Honestly, I had no horse in this race and the only thing I cared about was the results for the Twitter Bowl. Who would win? Captain America or Star Lord?

The answer: everyone. Because it's not like these guys were not going to both do the charity appearances no matter the outcome.

• Love 2

Because it's not like these guys were not going to both do the charity appearances no matter the outcome.

Exactly.  The good-naturedness of the whole thing and them clearly having fun with each other and Scott and Anna Faris (who I've been a fan of since "Scary Movie" and is so fantastic on "Mom") warms the heart.

I look forward to the pictures I'm sure we'll see of them dressed up together at the hospitals.

I'm sure we can all sympathize with "Days of our Lives" fans who just found out they're getting Dena Higley inflicted on them again, as co-head writer. 

Honestly though, Dena Higley was fine as a Days writer. I think her "special" brand actually works for Days, which has always been consistently over-the-top and "what the fuck?"

Good to see Scott Evans. I hope he's keeping his nose clean. The guy is too talented to waste his time being a celebrity's fucked-up brother.

"Queens of Drama" - the reality show about former soaps stars with Vanessa Marcil, Lindsey Hartley, Donna Mills, ...and Crystal Hunt among the cast - premieres in late April following the Daytime Emmys.  Here's a first look:

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/queens-of-drama-series-premiere-date-revealed-set-to-bow-on-pop-immediately-following-daytime-emmy-telecast/2015/03/12/#more-78701

In other news, when they inevitably introduce themselves and establish their soap cred in the first episode, I desperately want Crystal Hunt to talk about how hated Stacy Morasco was and/or say something about how she's best known for giving birth to Kish's baby lol.