Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E21: Nominations #7; Hacker #2

Lamb18
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

I just can't jump on the "Tyler is a genius!" bandwagon because . . . he's not. He's doing a good job, to be sure, but he also benefits from things that are outside of his control, like the fact that this show is invested in casting the dumbest people they can find so we can all laugh at them. He benefits from twists and things that just fall into his lap. He benefits from the fact that the show is only interested in casting the type of girls who say things like "My strategy will be flirting with the guys." He's handsome and charming and has girls hanging all over him. Derrick's season was boring too but he didn't really benefit from his looks the way Tyler does. 

And that's what I mean. Credit to Tyler where it's due but also, credit to the producers for casting mostly idiots who don't seem to realize they are helping Tyler win. And that's not because Tyler has "misted" them and done a great job in fooling them - it's because they're idiots who don't see the writing on the wall. And let's not forget some of them are recruits that never even watched the show before. Tyler benefits from that too.

I agree with a lot of what u said, and I respect it. But, Tyler is doing a very good job with the House Guests that B.B. put in there with him. Who knows how he would do with a different type of individuals. I really think B.B. always strives to get as many “different type personalities” as they can find every single season. I personally think this season is the most interesting one yet. But I do realize that everyone probably views it differently.

1 hour ago, GalvDuck said:

If you click the little pencil icon below your own post, you can edit it to correct mistakes if you would like.

Thank You.

Edited by D.CBies
  • Love 1

I really think B.B. always strives to get as many “different type personalities” as they can find every single season. 

We get the exact same people every single year. There's always a mop-headed surfer dude. There's always a muscle-head dude, there's always a frat-bro dude, there's always a nerdy/geeky dude, there's always a cartoonish gay dude, there's always some southern yokel with a twang, there's always some chick with pink or purple hair who fancies herself new-agey or some shit, there's always a sweet but dumb blonde girl, there's always a sassy token black woman, and there are always about four generic bikini models. There's an actual cast of characters. They just have different people playing them each season.

That being the case, not everyone who enters the house has an equal chance of winning. Some are clearly picked to be fodder. 

I read an interview with Julie Chen who said the show was successful because they settled on casting "mostly young 20-somethings" who play more emotionally which is more "entertaining." Translation: they're more interested in young, good looking model types in hopes they will hook up. Network reality shows prioritize finding the next Rob and Amber over all else. That's why Swaggy C is still a thing despite being booted Week 2. It's all they have, hard as they try to milk something out of Faysal and Haleigh. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

And that's what I mean. Credit to Tyler where it's due but also, credit to the producers for casting mostly idiots who don't seem to realize they are helping Tyler win. And that's not because Tyler has "misted" them and done a great job in fooling them - it's because they're idiots who don't see the writing on the wall. And let's not forget some of them are recruits that never even watched the show before. Tyler benefits from that too.

Like you said in the post right above this post, they cast the same types each season.  And they cast the same amount of recruits and dumb people each season.  It isn't like this cast is any dumber than past casts.  Nothing has changed except one of the super fans -- who usually are terrible in the real game -- is really good this season in Tyler.  And Tyler's brilliant play just makes them look dumber is all.

The fact that he has successfully hidden his superfandom all game long is amazing in and of itself.  He has used CBS' tired "fill a niche" casting of the dumb surfer and run with it which is amazing in and of itself.  He is head and shoulders better than most other players who have been on BB in similar casts to Tyler's.  He also makes moves without being smug and being mean and his alliance is without soap opera drama in the main except for the Rachel week.  He actually listens to people and because of it knows how to slant what he says to each person's personality.  That is a big step beyond the typical player.

Most alliances are run by one person.  Tyler doesn't run his.  Everyone has a say and he is careful not to push his own agenda too far.  Brett is starting to contribute more now.  Angela and Kaycee (especially the later) have played good social games from the start working their way into trust with various people on the other side of the house without those people realizing they were part of a secret alliance.  They have gathered lots of intel as a result over this season. 

And keeping Level 6 hidden to this very day is monumental in and of itself.  That, and except again for Rachel who was their weakest link, they have never become paranoid or distrustful of each other in a place that maxes out paranoia every single day.  They all know there will be a time to split apart but in the meantime they know it is too early for any backstabbing and still work together as a well-oiled machine.

So yeah I find both Tyler and Level 6 pretty damn amazing.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

To be fair,  I didn't realize what "bless your heart" really meant until I read it on the boards earlier this year.  After all of these years, I guess that customer service representative I spoke to oh so long ago wasn't being nice to me after all.

Depends - what church does she go to?  ;)

4 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Oh heck yeah!  Message me if it would violate the rules to publish!

No problem:

2ECE6AA8-8ACE-430A-AC32-04193A14B250.thumb.jpeg.2b7f676445ac7ef8ec73b6ecbd5c88b1.jpeg

I wasn’t kidding when I said the owner was -ah- a “little upset”.  

But don’t ask me how she missed it for three days.  Like I said before, though - she’s an Alabama fan, so her swooftness is already in question.  :D

• Love 1
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

We get the exact same people every single year. There's always a mop-headed surfer dude. There's always a muscle-head dude, there's always a frat-bro dude, there's always a nerdy/geeky dude, there's always a cartoonish gay dude, there's always some southern yokel with a twang, there's always some chick with pink or purple hair who fancies herself new-agey or some shit, there's always a sweet but dumb blonde girl, there's always a sassy token black woman, and there are always about four generic bikini models. There's an actual cast of characters. They just have different people playing them each season.

You forgot the 40-ish guy. And somebody needs to have a look that stands out from the others; usually that's with a big beard, but it looks like that's JC's size this time.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, LoneHaranguer said:

That's him. For some reason the phrase eluded me.

The phrase defines me.  ;)  I’m pretty close to retiring (technically, I’m eligible as of last month), and I’ve occasionally thought of taking a post-retirement shot at BB just to see if some of my cockeyed theories about the show would fly in the live setting - but I expect I’ve already aged out beyond what TPTB would consider acceptable even for the TOG.

Plus - with the exception of the occasional Kevin, we generally get knocked out in the first eviction.  ;)

1 hour ago, Nashville said:

The phrase defines me.  ;)  I’m pretty close to retiring (technically, I’m eligible as of last month), and I’ve occasionally thought of taking a post-retirement shot at BB just to see if some of my cockeyed theories about the show would fly in the live setting - but I expect I’ve already aged out beyond what TPTB would consider acceptable even for the TOG.

Plus - with the exception of the occasional Kevin, we generally get knocked out in the first eviction.  ;)

Don't give up! Jerry from BB7 was 75 and he finished 3rd so there's still hope! Just wear a "Nashville" hat or something so we know it's you ;)

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Nashville said:

Depends - what church does she go to?  ;)

No problem:

2ECE6AA8-8ACE-430A-AC32-04193A14B250.thumb.jpeg.2b7f676445ac7ef8ec73b6ecbd5c88b1.jpeg

I wasn’t kidding when I said the owner was -ah- a “little upset”.  

But don’t ask me how she missed it for three days.  Like I said before, though - she’s an Alabama fan, so her swooftness is already in question.  :D

Lol. I'm sure you're her favorite for continuing to spread it 

5 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

Don't give up! Jerry from BB7 was 75 and he finished 3rd so there's still hope! Just wear a "Nashville" hat or something so we know it's you ;)

Tell you what - when the feeds start up,and BBAD is airing - if a HG winks at one of the BY cameras and says, “And to the Previously folks - greetings from Nashville”, you’ll know it’s me.  ;>

3 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Lol. I'm sure you're her favorite for continuing to spread it 

Well, it only seemed right - considering I was the one who put it there and all....  :D

• Love 3
22 hours ago, green said:

Angela and Kaycee (especially the later) have played good social games from the start working their way into trust with various people on the other side of the house without those people realizing they were part of a secret alliance. 

I have yet to see this on the show, maybe it's being shown off the air. I saw Angela befriend Bayleigh for one week, only to vote her out (and clearly Angela's social game had made such an impression that Bayleigh blew up at ... Tyler). I've seen Kaycee have a conversation with Sam, who's sort of working with them. But on the show, I'm not exactly seeing them have long conversations with Hayleigh, Fessy, Scotty or Rockstar (the true "other side of the house," not counting Sam and JC, who I see as floaters).

On the show, Kaycee and Angela sure seem like they're coasting by on Tyler and Brett's power. I agree with everything you said about Tyler (who isn't running the alliance, but he's sure as heck carrying it), but I haven't seen anything to indicate that level 6 itself isn't just "Tyler And Maybe Brett and Also 2 Goats."

• Love 4