Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E03: Promises, Promises

Is Sam going to wear any outfits in colors other than white or black?

Countdown to when Brian and Katrina are working late and end up doing something inappropriate. Inappropriate more because he's married with a baby, not so much because she's his boss. That's never seemed to stop anyone in this law firm.

There might be another countdown starting to when Donna and the landlord begin seeing each other. It seemed like he enjoyed the way she handled him and she seemed to know it.

This is really sad. More than 24 hours after episode 3 there have only been two comments. I haven't watched it yet but it doesn't bode well for the continued likability of this show.

I thought the final Mike and Rachel years were abysmal but it sounds like this show has hit a new low.

1 hour ago, CaptainCranky said:

This is really sad. More than 24 hours after episode 3 there have only been two comments. I haven't watched it yet but it doesn't bode well for the continued likability of this show.

I thought the final Mike and Rachel years were abysmal but it sounds like this show has hit a new low.

I disagree.. Personally I like this season much more than previous one.. It's not like the first few seasons but it's not bad for me..

• Love 3

At least it appears that they are trying to do a bit more legal work. Still it feels that the show is all about people walking down the hallway as they argue with another. Ninety percent of the time is spent walking up and down the hallway.

• Love 3

I am enjoying this season so far.  I think Katherine Heigl brings an interesting dynamic to the show (I wasn't sure when they announced her that I would be interested).  

A bit of levity for me was when Harvey referenced all of the firm's various names from over the course of the show to the landlord.

Guys!!!  Did you know that Samantha's last name is Wheeler? I ask because everyone on the show constantly refers to her by first and last name, as though no one else knows who the hell she is when everyone knows who the hell she is.

I really need someone (at this point, I don't know, maybe Brian, or a food cart guy outside the office, or the one time Patrick J Adams does a voice cameo for a phone call with Harvey) to reply with, "of course, what other Samantha is there?!" But since this is Suits, it'll probably come out more like, "bullshit, of course, what other goddamn Samantha is there?"

• Love 3

Finally, Samantha's character didn't annoy me. And Alex showed both some personality and problem-solving skills (even if the problem-solving skill is arbitrary and involved backstabbing his client) It's a Christmas in August miracle!

The Further Adventures of Harvey Going Back on His Word. Seriously, he makes a simple promise and screws it for no good reason that I can see. Harvey missing Mike doesn't justify risking going to war with his landlord. Especially when there's about a half-dozen ways to attack the problem. Harvey is a multi-millionaire. He could pay for the operation out of his own pocket. He is a big deal. He could go after hospitals or insurers or someone to take on the cleaning woman's mom's case. Also, given that Harvey has gone back on his word in I think every episode this season, not to mention his lying about Mike's Secret, why would anyone trust him again?

And Donna, if you are going to volunteer Harvey's legal services to someone for free for a year, you might want to think a few times about that before making that deal and run it by Harvey. Because even if the real estate guy just does the deal on the up and up, that could mean Harvey is going to have to personally devote hundreds of billable hours to doing David's bidding in the course of a year. And if he really has a deal to make Harvey do WHATEVER he wants as a lawyer for a year, he could make Harvey focus on so much BS that it wouldn't even be funny. It's not something that she should be doing the "I'M DONNA" strut about.

The Katrina plotline...what is to be said? I don't see how anybody could hold Brian liable for the bad meeting when he was literally put on the case like two hours before, when Katrina did not cancel the meeting or let anyone know that she was ill. I suppose we can hold Brian to account for trying to BS the client instead of simply apologizing for Katrina's tardiness profusely and trying to figure out her whereabouts.  

• Love 1

Harvey Going Back on His Word is becoming a drinking game designed to kill us all with alcohol poisoning. 

This show is not really enjoyable any longer, but my DVR keeps picking it up, so I keep watching it. I always tell my husband that it's time to watch "that goddamn show" and then I laugh and laugh. 

• Love 7

Has no one in that firm heard of a lease agreement?  In Ontario, where Suits is shot, there is a standard lease that everyone has to use and I'm pretty sure that it's illegal to do the kind of thing that landlord was pulling.  Hey, maybe they could find a lawyer somewhere to handle it? Also I'm sure there is a reporter somewhere who would love to tell that cleaning woman's story about her mean boss.

Samantha wasn't as awful as the previous two episodes but she really hasn't learned that you get further ahead playing cooperatively than being a shark.

On 8/5/2018 at 11:37 PM, Chicago Redshirt said:

The Katrina plotline...what is to be said? I don't see how anybody could hold Brian liable for the bad meeting when he was literally put on the case like two hours before, when Katrina did not cancel the meeting or let anyone know that she was ill. I suppose we can hold Brian to account for trying to BS the client instead of simply apologizing for Katrina's tardiness profusely and trying to figure out her whereabouts.  

Katrina was afraid that she wouldn't make senior partner if they knew that she had migraines (something I can well believe) and Brian was covering for her so Louis didn't know that he only had a couple of hours to prepare.  I think Brian is the only genuinely nice person on this show.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Katrina was afraid that she wouldn't make senior partner if they knew that she had migraines (something I can well believe) and Brian was covering for her so Louis didn't know that he only had a couple of hours to prepare.  I think Brian is the only genuinely nice person on this show.

Louis and Katrina had a conversation in which Louis called on Katrina to manage Brian. She first said she didn't have time to mentor Brian because she had a huge meeting in an hour, and then she asked for Louis to have Brian familiarize himself with the Bingham Textiles file and to meet her in the conference room in 45 minutes.  So Louis did know that Brian had less than an hour of experience on the case. 

But even if Louis had no idea that Brian had less than an hour's experience on the case and thus could not reasonably be expected to answer every -- or really, any -- question that the CEO might have, there's still the issue of where Katrina was, why she was late, why Bigelow wasn't yelling to Louis about Katrina's absence, etc. I know Louis has pretty big blinders for Katrina, but it seems like she would have been called to answer for her failure to show up. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Has no one in that firm heard of a lease agreement?  In Ontario, where Suits is shot, there is a standard lease that everyone has to use and I'm pretty sure that it's illegal to do the kind of thing that landlord was pulling.  Hey, maybe they could find a lawyer somewhere to handle it? Also I'm sure there is a reporter somewhere who would love to tell that cleaning woman's story about her mean boss.

It's NYC, they have very, very tenant friendly laws.

15 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Louis knew that Brian had only been on the case for less than an hour. He came down to tell Katrina that she was going to be managing Brian and eventually revealed that it was to show she was senior partner material. Katrina protested that she was too busy and she had a big meeting in an hour on the Bigelow case. Louis told her to bring Brian into that case, and she asked him to tell Brian to familiarize himself with the case and meet her in the conference room in 45 minutes.

I don't think an hour's review is enough to be in a position to answer questions about a typical file. 

But even if Brian had been on the case for a while, it still seemed like Louis should have given grief both to Katrina and to Brian. Katrina should have had to explain a) why she was late to the meeting b) why she didn't attempt to postpone it or inform Brian or Bigelow of her whereabouts c) why she left an associate that was on the verge of being fired run a meeting with a client he was meeting for the first time d) why she didn't reach out to profusely apologize to Bigelow for missing the meeting.

I get that Katrina would want to conceal the exact nature of her illness, but it seems like she would have had to say something.

• Love 1

This will always be the episode in which Zane, Specter and Litt dropped Delta Airlines as a client to reduce tensions between the partners. If you can imagine a law firm dropping a gigantic client due to internal politics then you'll believe anything that happens on Suits.