Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: Second Chances

• Start Topic

Ghost playing both sides against the middle with Tommy and Kanan doesn't seem smart to me.

How does the DEA even give the appearance of pulling rank over the US Attorney? And what is going on with this Steve guy who just dropped out of the sky? Looks like he fcuked Angela in more ways than one. Stay winning, Angie!

Geez, I have a feeling Proctor's gonna end up dead soon. He's become a big liability.

That smarmy Councilman Tate might've just put a big target on his own back. What kind of game is he trying to play with Dre and Ghost? Maybe he's hoping one of them will take down the other?

Finally. James and Angie connect again after they've both suffered major losses. I'm surprised it took this long.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GodsBeloved said:

What major loss did Angela suffer?

She thought her career was about to take a big jump because she led the team to take down that big drug cartel. Then the guy she'd just slept with swept in and shut it down.

10 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

How does the DEA even give the appearance of pulling rank over the US Attorney? And what is going on with this Steve guy who just dropped out of the sky? Looks like he fcuked Angela in more ways than one. Stay winning, Angie!

They hinted that they might not even be DEA, but maybe FBI or CIA.  Either way, Angela was screwing him to try to use him to do something that would benefit here and in the end, she was the one who ended up getting screwed, literally and figuratively.  About time she learned that she's not the only one who know how to use sex to her advantage.  

Very interesting, but not surprising, to learn that the sister, not Diego, is actually the one running things for their cartel.  Boy am I looking forward to the showdown between her and Angie!  She might actually succeed in knocking Angela down a few pegs, and I will be here for it. 

I don't understand why everyone keeps trusting Kanaan.  Dude's a psychopath.  And both Ghost and Tommy are acting like fucking idiots.  Their partnership/business doesn't go well when they are both doing stupid ass shit.   

• Love 7

I think they aged the youngest St. Patrick child. She was in a playpen the last time we saw her, I think. (I still can't tell how much time is supposed to have elapsed.)

I fell out when Angela was looking at her phone and started to text back "you motherfucker" when she saw Steve's text.

I was surprised it took this long for Angela and James to reconnect too. I was predicting grief sex right after Raina's murder. I think the actors have chemistry. James is able to be vulnerable with her. His mannerisms - quiet raspy voice, a little unsure of himself, still concerned about her ("you OK?"), admitting that he wasn't OK, which he hasn't really been able to do, all point to a certain comfort with her.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Ghost playing both sides against the middle with Tommy and Kanan doesn't seem smart to me.

Geez, I have a feeling Proctor's gonna end up dead soon. He's become a big liability.

That smarmy Councilman Tate might've just put a big target on his own back. What kind of game is he trying to play with Dre and Ghost? Maybe he's hoping one of them will take down the other?

Finally. James and Angie connect again after they've both suffered major losses. I'm surprised it took this long.

Kanan is never to be trusted, they should know that by now. I believe Ghost has his doubts but Tommy seems vulnerable.

6 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

I don't understand why everyone keeps trusting Kanaan.  Dude's a psychopath.  And both Ghost and Tommy are acting like fucking idiots.  Their partnership/business doesn't go well when they are both doing stupid ass shit.   

But it gave us my favorite moment of the episode... Ghost asks Kanaan to give him and Tommy some privacy, then proceeds to yell the entire conversation at the top of his lungs.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

She thought her career was about to take a big jump because she led the team to take down that big drug cartel. Then the guy she'd just slept with swept in and shut it down.

I know it won't last and Angela won't get what she deserves but what she did to Greg and Blanca in this episode is more than enough for her comeuppance to be a big nose dive of her career.

It is funny though that she takes Blanca's case and turns the corner and her case gets taken from her.

(edited)
6 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Very interesting, but not surprising, to learn that the sister, not Diego, is actually the one running things for their cartel.  Boy am I looking forward to the showdown between her and Angie!  She might actually succeed in knocking Angela down a few pegs, and I will be here for it.

Now you know Alicia Jimenez will go the way of Mike Sandoval. Angela will set her up to be killed in prison LOL

4 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I think they aged the youngest St. Patrick child. She was in a playpen the last time we saw her, I think. (I still can't tell how much time is supposed to have elapsed.)

I think we saw baby baby girl last season. I know I've seen that particular cutie pie before.

ETA: Yep, she appeared last season.

Edited by GodsBeloved