Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 7/23/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

was that the guy who was in prison?  I often think of this skit and can not remember where it was from.  Please tell me this is what I've been racking my brain for.  :)  

Or Norm Crosby, for us oldsters. He was a 60-70's standup comedian who misused words.  He also has clips on YouTube.  In one article they called him,  "The Dyslexic Pontificator",  another apt "adage" for MM.:)

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Or Norm Crosby, for us oldsters. He was a 60-70's standup comedian who misused words.  He also has clips on YouTube.  In one article they called him,  "The Dyslexic Pontificator",  another apt "adage" for MM.:)

He was hilarious (for those with a firm grasp of the English language).

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

He was hilarious (for those with a firm grasp of the English language).

Yep, MM wouldn't get the jokes. Her grasp of the vernacular is weak to non-existent. I'm  convinced that her hubbie writes her blue cards,  and they rehearse prior to the show.

You can tell that she has to say the whole paragraph at once,   cuz she can't do it when interrupted mid-stream,  and doesn't understand the gist enough to state the ideas naturally. That's why she gets so angry being interrupted,  doncha know.  It's like when little kids learn the alphabet;  they have to always start at the beginning, otherwise they're lost.

I think hubbie throws in the big words (he got somewhere else) to heighten our impression of her intelligence,  lol.  You would think that, by now, between the two of them , that they would realize that she's not capable of remembering the terms, nor understanding their meaning. More fun for us, when I'm not smacking my forehead thinking I could have had V-8, or Ana to enlighten me with actual substance v. optics, messaging, tribal crap, or adolescent brattiness.

In case I wasn't being clear,  I believe the Domenech's are both idiots.

• Love 11
On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 10:53 PM, Fannysue said:

She might not have been too off the mark........

LOL - You know that, and I know that, but Abby was quite off the mark of her employer's agenda.  It was a funny slip of the tongue, though!

21 hours ago, telemachus2 said:

Am I the only one taken aback at her obvious desire to reduce the ethnicity of her natural appearance? 

It was very surprising.  I don't think the "early" photos they've shown before were THAT early.  I also don't recall that she discussed her ethnicities so much on her first years on the show.  Maybe it has taken her awhile to be comfortable within herself.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:

Yes, he would not work in this day and age.  A firm grasp eludes a lot of people!

In the '90s, he did his shtick as the pastor in the gay wedding episode of "Roseanne" and it was hilarious. But even that was 20 years ago.

• Love 3