Type keyword(s) to search

Tyler Crispen: Total Cross-Over?

As others were, I was surprised to see the promo for Tyler's appearance on Total Knock-Out (the Kevin Hart show) during episode 20.09 tonight.  Was this filmed before Tyler went into the House?  Did he somehow get to leave in order to participate (and without winning a comp, which is the normal way these things happen)?  

Either way, it's fuel for those who complain that Tyler is "Grodner's new muse" and she's slanting the game in his favor.  I enjoy Tyler, but I find this disquieting as well.  Level playing field, please.

Other than that, I still remember enjoying Tyler's intro segment in episode one, despite how he kept emphasizing that he was a BEACH life guard, in case anybody thought he was just some lame-o who hung around swimming pools.  I grant you, dealing with riptides and such is no day at the beach (oh, come on! I had to!) but after the third or fourth "beach life guard", I was ready to knock him out of the big white chair, myself.

He's grown on me, though.  Much like his hair.  I definitely prefer it to his younger, darker days: 

0006423587_SM_1377803878.jpg?1531729270

• Love 1

Tyler came in a mediocre 3rd on TKO, winning $2500.  It was definitely filmed a while back, as his hair was both shorter and blonder.  Perhaps this is where Grodner/Kassting spotted him and recruited him, which I suppose is okay, although it still makes me a little unsettled, somehow.

And yeah, he kept saying "BEACH lifeguard", even correcting Kevin Hart at one point.  I wish I could be as impressed by this as Tyler is.  But I'm not, so I'm mostly irritated.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

Tyler came in a mediocre 3rd on TKO, winning $2500.  It was definitely filmed a while back, as his hair was both shorter and blonder.  Perhaps this is where Grodner/Kassting spotted him and recruited him, which I suppose is okay, although it still makes me a little unsettled, somehow.

Don’t know if you caught it or not, but one of the TKO Executive Producers is Mark Burnett - which means both TKO and BB are probably going through Kassting for their contestant recruiting.

4 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

And yeah, he kept saying "BEACH lifeguard", even correcting Kevin Hart at one point.  I wish I could be as impressed by this as Tyler is.  But I'm not, so I'm mostly irritated.

Beach lifeguard as opposed to, say, a pool lifeguard - totally different level of skill sets required.

• Love 1

I'm starting to get a bit annoyed at his "I'm so wounded" act that he's affecting this week.  I mean, I'm not expecting him to be all "Hey, I'm in an alliance with these people, lay off of them!" when Bayleigh is targeting the rest of L5, but his playing the sad and lonely "free agent" and letting their asses hang out to dry isn't exactly endearing him to me.

I mean, where were the "evil mastermind" DRs this past episode, as he tried to push Scottie or JC or Sam as nominees?  Or hell, why not aim big and say "we did Rockstar a solid by keeping her for one more week, but she's not winning the big money and this is her last chance to spend the summer with her kids", for that matter?  

Instead, he's all pretty much "fuck you, Brett and Rachel, the Queen likes me better.  Sucks to be you."  Fuck him.  Some "ally" you are.

On 9/13/2018 at 9:09 AM, Skycatcher said:

He looks like hes protecting the monster from the kid with the pail and shovel.

This is another comic I don't understand.  The dude in the sand jail just looks like a normal beach goer.  And then we have a kid with a pail and shovel, which is also a normal thing to see at the beach.  And Tyler appears to be controlling the sand.  So, Tyler is a villain who uses sand to attack random beach goers?  But then he has the word "guardian" in his name, which should make him a hero?

Edited by MrHufflepuff
5 hours ago, Nashville said:

I think the idea is the kid built the sandcastle jail and imprisoned dude in it, and Tyler is effecting a rescue.

Thank you!  I would have never come up with that scenario.  Now if you can go explain Rockstar's in her thread that would be cool.  Because other than Tsar rhyming vaguely with "star" it makes no sense.  Should have been one about "trashing" children's birthday eves instead.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, green said:

Thank you!  I would have never come up with that scenario.  Now if you can go explain Rockstar's in her thread that would be cool.  Because other than Tsar rhyming vaguely with "star" it makes no sense.  Should have been one about "trashing" children's birthday eves instead.

I did.  ;>

On 9/17/2018 at 3:30 AM, Nashville said:

I think the idea is the kid built the sandcastle jail and imprisoned dude in it, and Tyler is effecting a rescue.

You're probably right.  But I like the idea of a villain whose villainy consists of hanging out at the beach ineptly harassing people.  It's like something you'd see in The Tick.

You know, I can just dig my way out of this sand jail, right?

• Love 2
On 8/8/2020 at 5:48 PM, methodwriter85 said:

He needs to wear his hair in a man bun at all times.

I’m generally opposed to man buns in any form so I really really hate to agree - but current-day Tyler with his hair down looks like a mean girl out of an ‘80s John Hughes film.

• LOL 3
18 minutes ago, Nashville said:

I’m generally opposed to man buns in any form so I really really hate to agree - but current-day Tyler with his hair down looks like a mean girl out of an ‘80s John Hughes film.

Yeah. I generally love him and think he's super hot, but that length of that hair is a major ladyboner-killer. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Just realized something, thanks to one of my favorite BB blogs... The awful hair might be due to the plague. When you have curly hair like that, a hairdresser who can cut it correctly is worth her weight in flipping diamonds. Maybe his hairdresser hasn't come back from lockdown? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Wow... did they really need the "Subscribe to Tangela Inc" sign, Tangela Inc in neon and a Tangela Inc caption in the same picture?  That kind of makes me want to avoid "Tangela Inc" at all costs.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, leocadia said:

Wow... did they really need the "Subscribe to Tangela Inc" sign, Tangela Inc in neon and a Tangela Inc caption in the same picture?  That kind of makes me want to avoid "Tangela Inc" at all costs.  

Not to mention, it’s very cringe inducing. 

• Love 3
On 8/20/2020 at 3:04 PM, leocadia said:

On 8/20/2020 at 9:53 PM, ilovebeaarthur said:

Not to mention, it’s very cringe inducing. 

Also not to mention, copyright infringement.