Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: Just a Beaver Hero

• Start Topic

Winner of the night was the crab clue giver.... Who got nipped by a crab, held onto it, gave the clue and THEN tossed the crab back into the bucket. :) 

Lots of lost teams tonight, which lead to position changes. Also lots of movement at the challenges too. And fun challenges. "My crotch is full of splinters" might be the line of the night too. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I like most of the cast so far this season, although I wouldn't have cried if the cloying "I love you I love you I love you" couple had been eliminated. I really liked the guys who were eliminated so that was kind of a bummer.  

They're really stretching the hero theme. I mean, cheerleaders and elite athletes? At least the cheerleaders do some charity work (although if that makes you a hero, hell, me and a lot of my friends have been heroes for years.)  Speaking of the elite athletes, it really kind of irks me that those two have only met a few times. Remember when the Race was all about pre-existing relationships and you had to know your partner for at least 2 years? (Also, I'm sure the fact that Jon is friends with one of them had absolutely nothing to do with them getting cast.)  I don't actively dislike them at all but, for some reason, those little things are bugging me.

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • Love 2
  • Come on now, the RCAF does not and never does fly the Rafale.
  • The casting is so lazy! Only those from BC, Alberta and Ontario qualify? As well, I think I watched other reality shows where participants were Argo cheerleaders. No other team's worth it?
  • What kind of 'heroes' are Martina and Phil again?
  • This is what I like about The Amazing Race Canada (compared to The Amazing Race), challenging physical task. If an olympian like Mellisa Hollingsworth find it challenging, then it is challenging.
  • Speaking of Mellisa - and Nancy - they really overthink their crabbing task and it costs them their win.
  • Happy and Chewy should have known that 'swimming' on the board can not be more efficient than paddling.
  • "We are literally racing for our lives right now"? Somebody will shoot them in the head if they lose?
  • Ah, it sucks that the pilots get eliminated. What happens? Just traffic?
(edited)
11 hours ago, TV Anonymous said:
  • What kind of 'heroes' are Martina and Phil again?

Over 10,000 hours of volunteering. 

So far so good. The challenges are tough, and the teams are ok, but the "I love you" team may start to grate on my nerves.

Edited by AEMom
Correction
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, piequinn35 said:

The "I love you" team said depending on the outcome of the race their wedding could be an amazing or awkward wedding lol

I believe they implied that if their relationship did not survive the race, their planned wedding would just be an awkward party. :-D

• Love 1
(edited)

I am from North Vancouver, so the team that got lost and went to Vancouver instead of the other way to Squamish (2hrs, there could also be heavy traffic jam in Van) & the team that had to wait 2 hrs for the next ferry survived this leg. Other teams after them just had no luck or strategy.

Edited by piequinn35
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, piequinn35 said:

I forgot to ask, someone dropped something outside the Britannia museum, what was it?

It was their travel information (route information?)--the yellow card that tells them where to go for the next leg of the trip.

11 hours ago, piequinn35 said:

I am from North Vancouver, so the team that got lost and went to Vancouver instead of the other way to Squamish (2hrs, there could also be heavy traffic jam in Van) & the team that had to wait 2 hrs for the next ferry survived this leg. Other teams after them just had no luck or strategy.

I think the map showed that they took the ferry to Tsawwassen not Horseshoe Bay. If they had gone to Horseshoe Bay, then yes, they would have been travelling south instead of north. But from Tsawwassen, they would have to drive past Vancouver to get to Squamish. So I think they stayed on the 99 and went through downtown and Stanley Park and entered Highway 1 in West Van when they should have left the 99 earlier and taken Knight street / Marine drive to Highway 1 in South Vancouver.

• Love 2

Lumberjack Festival!   Brought to you by Timber:   The Bigger They Are, The Harder they Fall....In Love.  

I love all the physical tasks.. And real Mounties!  So cool.  I just love seeing parts of Canada. And none of the teams bug me yet.  

I don't like the hero theme, they are racing for themselves and not others really.  Kind of sad about the team that got eliminated but on the other hand they kept talking about representing their profession so....

Tasks a bit average, not much mentally challenging.