Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: Blast From The Past

Dylan and Lizzie are unable to identify a motive or connection when several average people blow themselves up using suicide bombs. Also, Julian, concerned that Dylan could be exposing himself to past enemies, enlists Lizzie to talk him out of hiring Ashley, a publicist.

Okay, I watched because I only have a few TV stations anyway.  But even I admit this one weak.

• Love 1

The whole series seems weak. It’s an ok hour- but I am unsure why it got renewed when other shows got cancelled.  It must be for the people who want to see AC or Naveen and don’t care about whether or not the show is more than ho-hum.   

• Love 3

When Dylan mentioned the special program he attended as a teenager, did anyone else wonder if it was a "reprogramming" attempt to make gay kids straight?

They kept saying Dylan was a teenager 30 years ago.  Alan Cumming is 53 and does not look 45 IMO.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Mermaid Under said:

Okay, I watched because I only have a few TV stations anyway.  But even I admit this one weak.

Same here. I have access to a lot of online stuff, but it has to really grab me, whereas I might just click on the over-the-air TV while getting dinner or just zoning out. Anyway, I hated the bombing of innocents plot.

4 hours ago, Driad said:

They kept saying Dylan was a teenager 30 years ago.  Alan Cumming is 53 and does not look 45 IMO.

Well, he's probably had "work" done. On the Things That Happen On TV But Not In Real Life thread I just learned the acronym SOARAS, for "Soap Opera Rapid Aging Syndrome." There are lots of variations: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SoapOperaRapidAgingSyndrome?from=Main.SORAS
But this is the first season and they're already fudging ages?
I guess saying he was a teenager 40 years ago would've alienated some target demo viewers. The young grasshopper writers might've even originally written it 20 or 25 "years ago."

I kind of liked the idea of someone randomly placing bombs on people and framing the victim, but hated the reason he was doing it. I think that would make an incredible episode or TV Series if they had a really good reason for doing so, like, blowing up criminals when they reach their criminal headquarters or to expose people you want to get revenge on by leaving confessional suicide notes after their exploding death draws lots of attention to them.

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

I kind of liked the idea of someone randomly placing bombs on people and framing the victim, but hated the reason he was doing it. I think that would make an incredible episode or TV Series if they had a really good reason for doing so, like, blowing up criminals when they reach their criminal headquarters or to expose people you want to get revenge on by leaving confessional suicide notes after their exploding death draws lots of attention to them.

Yeah, the execution of it left a lot to be desired.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

It must be for the people who want to see AC or Naveen and don’t care about whether or not the show is more than ho-hum.   

That would be me. The side characters/stories are so much more interesting than the Case of the Week. And it is way too early in the series to have someone committing crimes to get revenge against a main character.

• Love 1
On 6/18/2018 at 2:25 PM, Driad said:

When Dylan mentioned the special program he attended as a teenager, did anyone else wonder if it was a "reprogramming" attempt to make gay kids straight?

Yes, I did.

I kept wondering why they didn't immediately think of the other kids in the program as potential bombers.

I thought this one was fairly decent, actually. It felt less flat than most.