Type keyword(s) to search

S03: E08 Leopard Catches Cloud 2018.06.17

I keep expecting Sunny's gift to emerge so he kicks everyone's ass, especially M.K.'s but nope. I actually thought that he would end up with all the power and not annoying Pilgrim.

Nice to see the Master is back. Maybe she will re-awaken Sunny's gift. 

I hope Lydia doesn't die. She has finally found love and was so brave rescuing Nathaniel.

I thought there were more episodes this season. Guess not.

I loved the Master showing up and basically going "Come on, Minerva.  You can play war with your little Baron friend later.  Right now, you have to help me with some weird-ass, mystical wu-shu martial arts stuff first.  You know, like a grown-up."  And Chau's face is all "What the actual fuck with this?!"

• Love 2
On 6/18/2018 at 1:58 PM, capt planet said:

Was this the season finale?

There were 16 episodes shot for season 3. AMC billed this episode as the 'Midseason Finale', but hasn’t announced as of yet when the rest of the episodes will air. Fear the Walking Dead is on a similar midseason hiatus and AMC has announced it will be back in August so the best guess is that Into the Badlands will also return around then.

• Love 2

I only have the barest grasp on the plotline for this show, but visually it's hot hot hot sex on a stick.

I just paused the action at random near the end of the episode and the one frozen image is a woman in the act of flipping upside-down over a staircase.  A throwaway frame, really, but there's seafoam blue-green next to pistachio green next to dark moss green and lampblack green with gold, turquoise and marine blue woven through.  And the color of her dark orange-y hair is also in a wash on the wall behind her and in some of the bricks on either side of the staircase--that didn't happen by accident.

It's crazy how rich every single camera shot is--I've never seen anything like it.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, candall said:

...there's seafoam blue-green next to pistachio green next to dark moss green and lampblack green with gold, turquoise and marine blue woven through.  And the color of her dark orange-y hair is also in a wash on the wall behind her and in some of the bricks on either side of the staircase...

I'm screaming my jeans just reading about it!  

• Love 1

The last scene made no sense to me. They were just doing things just to do them. Sunny has been hyped as the new catalyst, but except for laying hands on the monolith, we didn't see anything. And Henry seemed to be the most important in the transaction, yet he's only there because Sunny asked. Pilgrim never paid much attention to him. There was mention made of a sacrifice, for turning on the machine, but it was just a black oil transfer. I know more is to come, but I have a feeling the clunkiness of this scene will be ignored. Why would a hostile person like Bajie be bound to the machine where he could cause havoc?

On 6/18/2018 at 8:17 AM, johntfs said:

I loved the Master showing up and basically going "Come on, Minerva.  You can play war with your little Baron friend later...

"... and Winter Is Coming..."

• Love 1
1 hour ago, jhlipton said:

Yep.

Wow, that was.... disappointing.  I feel like I spent the whole season waiting for something to happen and then it just ended.  I've heard of filler episodes, but not entire filler seasons.