Type keyword(s) to search

The Flash in the Media

Lisin
  • Start Topic

So it's been officially confirmed by TVLine that Clifford DeVoe/The Thinker is the villain for next season. They're looking for a 40-something actor to play him.

I still REALLY think the show would be better off by not introducing the Big Bad to the characters until the last six episodes or so, and spend most of the season on fun, villains of the week stuff. But I guess that thought just won't sink in and they desperately want to stay with the Buffy formula. It doesn't work well on this show though- it puts a cloud of doom over the season if they know they're dealing with a bad guy for 23 episodes that they can't defeat until May.

Still, I at least hope his goal isn't focused on Barry personally and more on Central City or something. 

(edited)

The Flash getting another novel, this time aimed at younger readers:

The Flash: Hocus Pocus will be penned by Bang author Barry Lyga, and will be set in a timeline where Flashpoint never happened. The book will follow Barry Allen (a.k.a. The Flash) as he goes up against Hocus Pocus, a mysterious villain who can control the minds of Central City’s citizens — and soon, the Scarlet Speedster himself. Lucky for Barry, Team Flash is on hand to stop him before he does the unthinkable.

... The Flash: Hocus Pocus will hit bookstores Oct. 3.

9781419728150_dc1.jpg?w=1800

Edited by Trini
1 hour ago, Maverick said:

Can we get the timeline where Flashpoint never happened on the TV show?  Please?

Sure.  How about one where everyone lives happily together with no more conflicts ever.  That's the timeline where the show gets cancelled.

Some articles reviewing Season 3, and hopes for Season 4:

TV Guide:

But sacrifice was the name of the game in the episode, if not the season. Of course, sacrifice is something that runs throughout any number of superhero narratives, so it's not not unique to The Flash, nor is it particularly new to Flash. ...

This is, I hope, a huge moment for both Barry and the show. All season, I've wanted nothing more than for there to be no more room for Barry to not have to take responsibility, to push the sacrifice off by running faster or someone else nobly volunteering to shoulder it. This is the cycle for the show and for Barry, and it's gotten too worn out. It's time for a change. ...

... He can come out [of the Speed Force] stronger and with more faith in himself than ever before, not with a dimmer sense of himself and even more insecurity.

Obviously, such a shift would benefit Flash, at least in my mind. ... it's probably time to scale down and focus on something less serious.

io9:

But what does Barry’s sacrifice to seemingly save Central City from the Speedforce’s wrath—a moment that came out of absolutely nowhere just for the climax of the episode—actually mean for The Flash going forward? After this season, which has been pretty rocky when it comes to both Barry ostensibly learning from his mistakes and admitting the consequences of them, I’m skeptical to imagine it means much. ...

We’ll have to wait and see when The Flash returns if this cliffhanger will actually set a new status quo for the series, or merely be something to ponder while the show’s off-air. Whatever it ends up being, hopefully it’s something different —something more—than what we’ve been getting out of the show lately. There’s only so many times we can watch Barry sacrifice himself to correct his own mistakes, after all.

ComicBook.com:

Indeed, a lot of The Flash season 4's prospects will depend on how the show uses the development of Barry in the Speed Force to tell its story. The show definitely should not spend an extensive amount of time on that storyline; it should be resolved at a quick pace, so that we can move on more important things... 

One great way to resolve the story would be to have Barry return from The Speed Force with a much bigger perspective on things. ...

Depending on how season 4 chooses to approach its story, we could spend the first seasonal arc following Barry through the aforementioned abstract journey through past, present and future, via the Speed Force; and when he finally gets out, it could be the case that he doesn't return to the exact same world he left.  ...

IGN:

... Alchemy never amounted to much more than a shadowy, mysterious string-puller, while it wasn't until the final few episodes of the season that Savitar truly came into his own.

Again, the show really struggled to build a cohesive and compelling direction in the early months of Season 3. It was a long, long time before it became clear exactly what separated Savitar from previous speedster villains. Nor did Alchemy's quest to restore the Flashpoint status quo do much to build a strong narrative hook. More than ever, the series was forced to fall back on the core Team Flash dynamic. ...

The character drama gave the early episodes weight where villains like Alchemy faltered, but that drama brought about its own set of problems. Not only was the scope of Flashpoint itself disappointingly limited, the fallout often felt small and perfunctory. Some subplots, particularly the Joe/Iris rift, were quickly resolved and forgotten, almost like they never happened at all. And at some point, the series simply felt too mired in darkness. Character drama is great, but this series has always thrived on its ability to balance that drama with lighthearted adventure and that ever-important sense of hope. ...

As for the dark tone, it's no coincidence that some of the best episodes this season were those that diverged from the Savitar conflict and focused on the lighter side of Barry's world. ...

... Hopefully that episode ["Duet"], and the generally improved state of the series in the second half of Season 3, are signs of what to expect when the show returns in the fall.

Den of Geek:

And maybe that was the point. Eobard Thawne called his adversary the villain of the story in that same episode, and the choice to give him his redemption by imprisoning himself at the end of the season certainly suggests we’re meant to read this as Barry finally taking responsibility for his actions. The trouble is that there was a lot of middle between point A and point B. ...

Which means that Barry is just the largest of a bigger collection of problems that the show needs to fix in season 4 - Caitlin’s muddled transformation into Killer Frost, the constant Wells switching that sells Tom Cavanagh short, the endless parade of secret speedsters and the monotonous angst they create, and the complete lack of agency for Iris.

The Savitar reveal came too late in the season and didn’t really land, even if it could - if you squint really hard - be symbolic of the dark path Barry has been going down. Sparks of life came from moments outside of the main arc, like the musical crossover with Supergirl and the penultimate episode’s heist team-up with Captain Cold. These episodes proved that The Flash still knows how to have fun, even while the majority of the season blurred together into one giant slog. ...

Season 4 needs some course correction, and the fastest way to do that is to return Barry to the relatively carefree twentysomething who loves having superpowers, rather than doubling down on the angst that was never rooted in character growth. ...

(edited)
On 5/24/2017 at 1:59 PM, benteen said:

The Flash: 10 Ways the Show Can Save Itself in Season 4.

http://collider.com/the-flash-season-4/

Pretty much agreed with everything here! And I liked that she mentioned Gustin/Barry crying. Which I don't really have a problem with, but I agree that just because he's good at it, that doesn't mean that he should be doing it so much. (I've seen this happen with other male actors too, once people find out they can "pretty cry".)

Edited by Trini
  • Love 2

Variety piece on possible Emmy contenders for music:

Music for an English queen and a Hollywood feud, synthesizers for an ’80s supernatural mystery, Broadway tunesmiths penning a love song for a superhero: These are among the most talked-about contributions to 2016-17 television that may well figure in this year’s Emmy races for music. ...

CW’s “The Flash” did a musical episode March 21, and its coup was landing Oscar-winning Broadway songwriters Benj Pasek and Justin Paul (“La La Land,” “Dear Evan Hansen”) to write its final song, as Barry proposes to Iris.

Series star Grant Gustin once did a college production of their first musical, and Pasek and Paul are fans of the series. Their song, “Runnin’ Home to You,” cleverly references the storyline (“this world can race by far too fast / hard to see while it’s all flyin’ past”).

“We were already caught up on the show,” says Pasek, “and we were excited about the potential to write for these people who are musical theater pros, who can really sing and act and dance.”

• Love 1
2 hours ago, johntfs said:

Sure.  How about one where everyone lives happily together with no more conflicts ever.  That's the timeline where the show gets cancelled.

I don't see where I asked for one without conflict.  

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Maverick said:

I don't see where I asked for one without conflict.  

You're right, you didn't.  So, what would you have done instead of Flashpoint?  Say that we rewind time (just like Barry) to the end of Season Two and instead of running to the past and saving his mother, he goes back inside Joe's house to be with Iris.

What's the next story from there?  What do Barry, Iris, Joe, Cisco, Caitlin and Wally have to make their lives kind of suck this alternate season?  Because if there's no ongoing trouble for them, the show turns into a kind of emotional Steven Seagal movie (Steve Seagal movies generally had Seagal easily winning all the fights in his movies with no real struggle or problem) with everyone easily solving their problem and effective creating the "no conflict" season didn't ask for and presumably don't want.

Oh, and consider that after you've put this season together, Flashpoint is still a possibility.  However poorly they executed certain things, I'm glad they shot their bolt with Flashpoint so we don't have to deal with "In this episode, Barry forgets to do the dishes and Iris is mad at him, so he goes back in time and alters the past so the dishes get done."

I didn't like a lot of the incoherent nonsense and angsty crap that came out it.  If you did, great for you.  It's not my job to write something else to justify my opinion.  

(edited)
6 hours ago, Maverick said:

I didn't like a lot of the incoherent nonsense and angsty crap that came out it.

Maybe there wouldn't have been as much incoherent nonsense without Flashpoint, but angsty crap is kind of built into the program.  Figure we'll get plenty of angsty crap in some form or another next season as well.

Edited by johntfs

Looks like Warner Bros wants/hopes Runnin' Home to You will get nominated for an Emmy. Would be pretty cool if it happened! 

Song From The Flash’s Musical Episode Gets Emmy Campaign From Warner Bros

Could a Superhero television series win an Emmy for Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics? Warner Bros thinks so as they have a ‘For Your Consideration’ campaign going to promote the song Runnin’ Home To You from the musical episode of The Flash.

The song, written by Benj Pasek and Justin Paul was performed in the episode by Grant Gustin as Barry Allen proposed to Iris West. It was the one song that was performed outside of the world created by the Music Meister and had a lasting effect on the series going forward.

The graphic above was running on Deadline.com this morning and linked to a sign-in site where Emmy voters could watch episodes of the Flash and other WB shows. The CNN quote comes from a review by Sandra Gonzalez who said of the song:

(There's more in the article)

• Love 2

This is the graphic for those that don't want to go to the link. It's a Barry and Iris picture from season 2, but I'm still pleased :) If it does get nominated, do you think they'd get Grant to sing?

FlashSong-600x242.jpg.5633eb7f7dace22f4f6e2ab64e877680.jpg

2 hours ago, RedVitC said:

This is the graphic for those that don't want to go to the link. It's a Barry and Iris picture from season 2, but I'm still pleased :) If it does get nominated, do you think they'd get Grant to sing?

They don't usually perform nominated songs at the Emmys. However, if it does get nominated, I'm looking forward to seeing some of the cast on the Emmys red carpet!

• Love 1

The song awards are given out at the Creative Arts Emmys, which is a separate ceremony a week before the main one, and it's not televised. I don't think anyone will perform it.

I do think they have an excellent chance of getting the nomination though, given that these guys just won the Academy Award for Original Song, for a movie that won 6 Oscars. I bet the Emmys will want to be associated with them, and they may even win.

• Love 6
On 6/8/2017 at 5:29 AM, Trini said:

They don't usually perform nominated songs at the Emmys. However, if it does get nominated, I'm looking forward to seeing some of the cast on the Emmys red carpet!

On 6/8/2017 at 6:01 AM, ruby24 said:

The song awards are given out at the Creative Arts Emmys, which is a separate ceremony a week before the main one, and it's not televised. I don't think anyone will perform it.

I do think they have an excellent chance of getting the nomination though, given that these guys just won the Academy Award for Original Song, for a movie that won 6 Oscars. I bet the Emmys will want to be associated with them, and they may even win

Too bad about not performing! It would have been so cool, and great exposure for the show. And yes, my mind briefly went to Grant and Candice performing while he sang the song on stage (recreating the scene). Like those performance bits they do during the songs at the Oscars. But alas. They should still milk this if it does get nominated. Maybe have Grant at talk shows with Pasek and Paul (and sing? Not sure if Grant would feel comfortable enough for that). Has the Flash cast ever done the Talk Show route? I vaguely remember Grant on one of those shows talking about Comic Con, but other than that?

On 6/8/2017 at 0:01 AM, ruby24 said:

I do think they have an excellent chance of getting the nomination though, given that these guys just won the Academy Award for Original Song, for a movie that won 6 Oscars. I bet the Emmys will want to be associated with them, and they may even win.

Indeed, Pasek & Paul just won the Tony award for Best Original Score, so an Emmy nomination to help complete the EGOT seems more likely now!

• Love 1

The video featurette is really nice. It's great to see them all talking about the song and I like the acknowledgement that Barry proposing to Iris is a significant moment in the course of the series. I think I saw somewhere that the episode itself is on the nomination voting ballot for the writing category.

• Love 1

Teen Choice award nominations for The Flash:

Choice Action TV Show (#ChoiceActionTVShow)
Arrow
Gotham
Lethal Weapon
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Supergirl
The Flash

Choice Action TV Actor (#ChoiceActionTVActor)
Chris Wood – Supergirl
Clayne Crawford – Lethal Weapon
Gabriel Luna – Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Grant Gustin – The Flash
Stephen Amell – Arrow
Wentworth Miller – Prison Break

Choice Action TV Actress (#ChoiceActionTVActress)
Caity Lotz – Legends of Tomorrow
Candice Patton – The Flash
Danielle Panabaker – The Flash

Emily Bett Rickards – Arrow
Jordana Brewster – Lethal Weapon
Melissa Benoist – Supergirl

Voting starts tonight.

• Love 1

Short interview with Pasek & Paul at Variety; Flash related parts:

Were you “Flash” watchers already?
Pasek: I really like the show. Part of the reason I started watching is that we know [star] Grant Gustin, because he was in a production of our show “Edges” at Elon University in North Carolina when he was a freshman. ...

How is writing a song for TV different from writing one for the theater?
Paul: Usually for TV, we know the words and music can have extra resonance because you can cut away to a flashback or a timelapse or a montage. But this one was more like writing a theater song, because it was just a very intimate human moment that had to sustain itself between two people, with no cutting away.
Pasek: As a writer, you get excited when something that’s literal in the world of the story can also have resonance as a metaphor outside of it. Like the lyric “This world can race by far too fast / Hard to see while it’s all flying past” has a double meaning for the way that we live our lives, but it’s also incredibly specific to Barry Allen’s character.
Paul: And because it’s TV, they were like, “No longer than 2½ minutes.”

• Love 1

Iris and Barry are 1 of  Fangirlishness' 8 Superhero TV Couples We Love to Love 

While Barry and Iris were always meant to be together, that never forced us to take their beautiful moments or them for granted. Sure, they’re meant to be in the comics. But you can’t force that on television and be guaranteed success. Just look at Arrow’s Oliver and Laurel. You couldn’t force that if they tried even harder to. But from the moment that Barry and Iris both appeared on screen together, we’ve known that they were meant to be in this DCTV universe. Grant Gustin and Candice Patton’s beautiful chemistry and genuine affection have only added to the appeal of Westallen. It’s been a long and difficult journey for Barry and Iris, but we finally saw the pair explore a romance in season 3 that brought us some many new moments for the friends turned lovers. Barry and Iris have a genuine trust and care for one another that has transcended the status of their relationship. When you think of Barry and Iris, it’s not a matter of “they’re boyfriend and girlfriend or engaged.” It’s a matter of, these are two people that genuinely love and care for one another to the point of no return. That’ll never change.

• Love 2

'Here's What We Want From the CW's DC Superhero Shows Next Season' - at Gizmodo:

No more time travel, seriously

Time travel has become woven into the very essence of The Flash at this point, but it’s also the big thing that’s crippled Barry Allen’s ability to learn from his mistakes (and most of his time travel causes those mistakes, anyway). The show is much too quick to lean on Barry’s ability to alter the future or go back to the past as a crutch for its storytelling. Time travel has become as synonymous as “it was the speedforce!” as an excuse for some serious bullshit on Flash, especially in the last season, so Barry Allen needs to have his time-and-space privileges revoked for a while.

A big villain that isn’t another Speedster

Three seasons of The Flash, three overarching villainous speedsters with links to Barry and the people he’s close with, three bad guys that Barry Allen has to beat by being struggling to be faster than them. For a guy who opens almost every episode with “My name is Barry Allen, I’m the fastest man alive!” that is objectively not the case most of the time. It’s just boring to see the same formula used over and over again, and season three’s reveal that big bad Savitar was a future, emo incarnation of Barry is the straw that broke the speed-camel’s back.

Admittedly, season four seems to be doing something new, dropping big hints that psychic comics villain the Thinker will be the big threat of the season. But hey, season three made it look like Dr. Alchemy would be the overarching threat, and we saw what happened with that, right?

More serialized adventures

Or maybe the show should just not have a big bad for a while? The more Flash has rooted itself in extended arcs, the less fun it is (Flashpoint last season, case in point), so spending time away from building up one big threat to bring the show back to a more villain-of-the-week sort of thing for a while would be very welcome. Variety is the spice of life and all that—but also, Legends proved just how much fun you can have in flipping the script repeatedly last season. There’s no reason The Flash couldn’t do the same.

Let Barry and Iris be happy for more than five seconds

Look, I get it. Part and parcel of a CW drama show is endless romantic tension, and the thought of a happy, stable lead couple is almost too much for your average CW executive to bear. But the insane lengths Flash has gone through to keep Iris and Barry apart from each other are becoming insulting. That the show basically broke the pair up for a few episodes last season just so the Supergirl crossover could have a song and scene where they get back together was bad enough, but the contrivance of season three’s cliffhanger ending separating the two yet again more was just tiresome. Let Barry and Iris get married, and let them live them in domesticated bliss for a bit. There are plenty of other ways for this show to stir up drama that by going back to that well again.

• Love 4
(edited)

Awww, l like time travel...

I think the show made the consequences of time travel too big. Sure, there should be consequences, but there should be leeway for some fun with it. Do fun stuff like having Barry spend a day having to protect his self as a baby (think of all the cute scenes of him trying to get himself to go to sleep) or even Back to the future stuff like having to get his parents back together to exist.  But with the storyline this season they've effectively cut off these possibilities and now it's become a 'must not time travel ever' lesson. One of my favorite storylines on Young Just is when

Spoiler

Bart travels back in time because he wants to prevent Blue Beetle from becoming the big bad and taking over. And it's a really great storyline and super fun when he gets to meet his grandparents Barry and Iris.

It could still happen on the show, but they've made it a lot harder to pull off.  Plus they've made time too fragile and the consequences too random.  Not to mention the completely different way time travel is handled on Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. Not sure if posting about LOT storylines is considered a spoiler here, so:

Spoiler

the legends can bring an entirely new person into the timeline, but nothing changes at all, not one single thing except that the person now exists...? I get it, because if they did go for consequences then they'd have a Flashpoint type situation on their hands, bigger than Flashpoint really, can you imagine how much an actual person living in the world for 20+ years would change in terms of affecting other people if what happened to Barry's mom affected so much change (she still died, but this time in a different way, and that changed so much). Especially someone as brilliant as Stein's daughter. But also on a general level. Maybe she got a scholarship that went to someone else in the original timeline, without the scholarship that person maybe can't go to college etc etc. A bit of a farfetched example, but when you think about it, this must have affected a lot of lives. But like I said, time travel should be fun and should allow for strange sci fi things like there suddenly being a new person. I get it. But you can't do one thing on one show in the universe and have characters on the other show get mad at that person and then let those same characters change time without consequences.

Edited by RedVitC
  • Love 2

I don't mind time travel either; but it's got to be used carefully, and sparingly especially on a show that not *about* time travel. I wouldn't mind going to the future or future characters coming to the present -- but no more Barry going to the past.

-------------------

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/22/2017 at 6:51 PM, Trini said:

I don't mind time travel either; but it's got to be used carefully, and sparingly especially on a show that not *about* time travel. I wouldn't mind going to the future or future characters coming to the present -- but no more Barry going to the past.

Aside from a program specifically built around it (Doctor Who, etc.) time travel usually irritates me.  It's an excuse to tell "edgy" stories that kill main characters all the while know that *poof* everything will soon go back to normal at the end.  They actually used that formula at the end of this season of Legends of Tomorrow in exactly that way.  I do like that The Flash got around to having permanent consequences for time travel, but it would have been nice to see the effect on everyone and not just Barry's perspective.

One of the best uses of time travel, in my opinion came in the fourth season of a show called Eureka.  Several characters travel back in time and come back to a town that's changed in minor but significant ways, especially for them.  One character finds her severely autistic savant son is still a genius but communicates like a normal teenager, another finds himself married to a woman her previously barely knew while yet another character finds herself in an antagonistic relationship with the man she was planning to marry.  And it stuck.  That was the new reality from that point forward.  I found I loved it.  It was the first real time that time travel had true consequences for me in a show.  Damn, I miss Eureka.

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 2

Podcast with Pasek and Paul, lots of talk about The Flash and Runnin' Home to You

It would be an understatement to say that songwriters Benj Pasek and Justin Paul are on a roll this year. The duo, song collaborators ever since their days at University of Michigan, kicked off 2017 with a Golden Globe and Oscar win for their La La Land penned-tune “City of Stars,” and just 11 days ago, their Broadway musical Dear Evan Hansen, which was eight years in the making, took home six Tonys including best musical and a win for Pasek and Paul’s score. This season, they’re inching toward an EGOT with their ballad “Runnin’ Home to You” from WBTV’s The Flash-Supergirl musical crossover episode “Duet”. That ditty was performed by Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) as he proposes to girlfriend Iris West (Candice Patton) after the DC superhero was knocked unconscious by the Music Meister (Darren Criss) and thrusted into an early 20th Century nightclub with Supergirl‘s Kara Danvers (Melissa Benoist). Here, Pasek and Paul discuss what brought them to the episode, their connections to the Flash castmembers, their upcoming work on 20th Century Fox’s P.T. Barnum feature musical The Greatest Showman and whether Dear Evan Hansen is headed to the big screen.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, RedVitC said:

Podcast with Pasek and Paul, lots of talk about The Flash and Runnin' Home to You

I really liked hearing about their process!

----------

I think this is clipped together from different interviews, maybe, but here's an article about Keiynan Lonsdale talking a bit about his current and upcoming projects.

The Flash Season 3 may be over, but that doesn’t mean Keiynan Lonsdale, a.k.a. Kid Flash, isn’t keeping busy. He was just cast in the upcoming Greg Berlanti directed film Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda and recently  filmed a music video for an unreleased song, possibly one he performed at a recent concert at The Roxy in Los Angeles. While many Flash fans probably (definitely) want to know if Kid Flash is going to trade in a yellow suit for a red one, Lonsdale assured Newsweek yellow is his favorite color and warned fans not to get ahead of themselves.

“It’s not something that’s on my radar,” Lonsdale told Newsweek. “I feel as though there is so much story to tell and Wally has so much growing to do. I’d like to see that journey continue. That's what I think is important. We need to see how these character realistically get to where they are headed for.”

(edited)

Candice is at the Saturn Awards. I'll post some of the tweets here and in the Spoiler thread  and update if more come in:

Edited by RedVitC
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, RedVitC said:

Making a separate post for this one, because Candice won!!

Woooo!

They're putting up a lot of low-res pics on their account, but here's one with Candice and her trophy:

• Love 4
(edited)

So happy for her! Well deserved. 

Melissa Benoist also won (Best TV Actress).

I think the other two categories The Flash is up for are yet to be announced. Edited to add: Show went to Supergirl and Best TV Actor to Andrew Lincoln.

Congrats to Supergirl and Andrew Lincoln. I was hoping the Flash would win again, but they won twice already so that's good, and Grant won in 2015, too.

Edited by RedVitC
  • Love 2
(edited)
9 hours ago, doram said:

Why is Candice nominated for Supporting, not lead?

I think it's just the way this organization categorizes the actors.

Edited by Trini

The Flash at Comic Con:

SATURDAY, JULY 22

5:10–5:50 p.m. The Flash Special Video Presentation and Q&A
Running up against an evil time remnant version of yourself is something no one should ever have to do, but that’s exactly what faced Barry Allen (aka The Flash) as he fought to save the life of fiancée Iris West from the God of Speed known as Savitar. Barry’s victory was short-lived, however, as an unbalanced Speed Force began to wreak havoc on Central City, forcing Barry to sacrifice himself for the greater good. With The Fastest Man Alive now trapped inside an extra-dimensional energy, and unknown dangers lurking in the shadows, it will be up to Team Flash to free Barry from his own personal Hell.

Join cast members Grant Gustin, Jesse L. Martin, Tom Cavanagh, Candice Patton, Danielle Panabaker, Carlos Valdes, Keiynan Lonsdale and producers of The CW’s highest-rated series at their annual Comic-Con panel, and be among the first to find out where things will pick up when season four returns this fall.

Ballroom 20

http://comiccon.thewb.com/

No mention of Tom Felton. So I guess he's not coming back? (As in more than a guest appearance.)

If I remember correctly there was an article earlier in the hiatus that confirmed that Tom was going to be in season 4, but I can't find it again and I don't know what their sources where.

6 hours ago, Trini said:

The Flash at Comic Con:

http://comiccon.thewb.com/

No mention of Tom Felton. So I guess he's not coming back? (As in more than a guest appearance.)

I don't think that means anything. He moved back to Vancouver. I don't see why he'd be there if not for The Flash.

2 hours ago, doram said:

Gosh, I hope not. The cast is saturated enough with straight white men as it is. Now, let them get rid of Tom C and we'll be in business. 

No thanks. Love both Tom's.

• Love 5
(edited)
56 minutes ago, Proteus said:

No thanks. Love both Tom's.

Tom Cavanaugh is amazing (I was one of the few who always liked H.R,  even in his sillier moments) and am looking forward to seeing what he'll do with his character(s) next year. As for Felton, please God let him have a dick off with Harry at the start of season 4, that's all I ask. I hope they announce his status at ComiCon, but I'm happy to have him in any capacity.

Edited by Karlophe
  • Love 2