Type keyword(s) to search

Christopher Lasalle

• Start Topic

I've loved Lucas Black since his childhood debut in "Sling Blade." Also: with the shape of his head, the Southern accent, and his light humor, he reminds me of Peyton Manning. Like he could be the 4th Manning brother.

• Love 1

So far (all of one episode), LaSalle is definitely my favorite part about this show. It's hard to pin down why, but he's cute and I like the accent so that definitely is part of it! I think he feels the most authentic of all the characters, and doesn't seem like a caricature of what a Southern boy would be (aka, Pride).

• Love 3

I would spit out my drink laughing if we have a scene in which the characters hear a knock and LaSalle looks up and says "There's someone at the door."

Mission partially accomplished, St. Claire! I spit out my drink laughing after I read this. I loved American Gothic! ETA: to the powers that be, please book Gary Cole for a guest role. Thank you!

Edited by willow2tree
  • Love 3

Gary Cole guest-starring as LaSalle's father - LOL!

I would spit out my drink laughing if we have a scene in which the characters hear a knock and LaSalle looks up and says "There's someone at the door."

I would pay money to see that scene!

Edited by DownTheShore
  • Love 2

I really like Lucas Black's take on this character ... he's a mixture of southern charm and menace, if that makes sense. When he's hanging with the team, he's all "aw shucks" and his drawl is more pronounced. But when he's dealing with bad guys, you get the sense he wants them to try something stupid so he can beat them upside the head.

• Love 3

I had no idea that Lucas Black had his film debut in The War, which is an excellent movie from 1994. It was advertised as a Kevin Costner vehicle, but he's really in more of a supporting role--it's all about Elijah Wood, his sister, and their friends. A really good kids film, and one I'll have to rewatch sometime soon to figure out who Black is playing (I didn't recognize the character's name at IMDB).

Yes, I'm bumping up this thread since the character is no longer on the show and there isn't a general discussion thread about older episodes. I'm watching the 3rd episode from the 2nd season titled "Touched By the Sun" and there was a scene that made me sad. Lasalle and Percy had to go to a fertility clinic to ask questions and they were arguing in the waiting room. A couple there for actual help asked them if they were there for the same reason. Their reactions were so cute and funny. Now neither are on the show and the show in general is just ugh. Lasalle, Percy and Brody were my three favorites who are no longer on the show anymore. I love Loretta but she's not really enough to make me want to keep watching. Seeing that scene between Lasalle and Percy reminded me that they killed him off recently.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Yeah, I was sad to see Lasalle go. At least they are showing some mourning on the following shows. I don't know what the rules are for The Second Line, but I kind of wished they did one for Christopher. I know in an earlier  episode he said he didn't like the idea of the Second Line, but it wold have been a sweet ending for his character. And closure for his workmates.

Edited by Gramto6
typo