Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculations

I speculate that Matthew Perry will be Matthew Perry-ish and Tom Lennon will be Tom Lennon-y. I can't see this as being anything but DOA unless the older crowd just eats it up. And I say that as someone who watched all of Mr. Sunshine and Go On and who just finished the screenwriting advice book Tom wrote with his screenwriting partner. I can kind of see why they cast Tom Lennon but they really needed to pair him with a heavy hitter and Matthew Perry just doesn't have that anymore. So I speculate that I should not even get invested in this because it will be a miracle if it lasts longer than a season. 

Will they stunt-cast the ex-wives for sweeps appearances, or will they go with cheaper actresses who can show up more often?

If it's a hit, they might try hard for one of the ex-Friends for Oscar. If the women in the main cast are any indication, they may go quite a bit younger than the male leads for the exes (someone like Sarah Chalke seems about right). 

If it's a hit, they might try hard for one of the ex-Friends for Oscar. If the women in the main cast are any indication, they may go quite a bit younger than the male leads for the exes (someone like Sarah Chalke seems about right). 

Chalke is busy playing a very similar role on Rainn Wilson's Backstrom.  A show which admittedly might not last beyond this season, but for now at least she's booked up.