Type keyword(s) to search

Hero Fails: Supposedly Heroic Characters Who Are Actually Awful

• Start Topic

On 2/28/2020 at 11:58 PM, VCRTracking said:

Marty in Cabin I'm the Woods. Selfish ass.

I dunno, I can see it from his perspective. He and his friends showed up expecting to just have a nice vacation, and they walk into a death trap.  They were dead the second they got there, and it's worse that they choose how they die. When no matter what happens, you end up as dog food without having done anything to "deserve" your fate, he sort of had a point in questioning the rightness of it. Especially when the people running the operation were gambling on the outcome:

"Wait. That's not fair. I had zombies, too!"

"Yes, you did. Yes, you had zombies. But this is "Zombie Redneck Torture Family," see? They're entirely separate species. Like the difference between an elephant and an elephant seal."

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Wow, that's some selective editing. It's been years since I watched The Karate Kid, but all I can think right now is, "Sweep the leg." Nice to know I hallucinated that for all these years.

I have to agree but, I'll give Johnny and itty bitty bit of credit for refusing the order at first.

ETA: Just rewatched Johnny didn't refuse but, he looked like he didn't want to do it.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

ON 2/28/2020 AT 11:58 PM, VCRTRACKING SAID:

Marty in Cabin I'm the Woods. Selfish ass.

On 8/26/2020 at 1:07 PM, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I dunno, I can see it from his perspective. He and his friends showed up expecting to just have a nice vacation, and they walk into a death trap.  They were dead the second they got there, and it's worse that they choose how they die. When no matter what happens, you end up as dog food without having done anything to "deserve" your fate, he sort of had a point in questioning the rightness of it. Especially when the people running the operation were gambling on the outcome:

Nope, nope, nope, and nope.   They are selfish.

This is one of those "No rewatch" films.  Just watch it one time only; otherwise, you can see the flaws.

These young adults decide that just because a small group of people were "mean" to them,

that everybody on the planet are a bunch of jerks, including the innocent kids in Japan, and everyone has to die now.

I saw the film in theaters, and I thought that they were going to sacrifice themselves just to show the one surviving person

what a bunch of jerks that organization was (and then have the zombie kill her!!!), but no, the movie picked the selfish jerk ending,

and I left the theater dissapointed.   I have seen this film a few times since, and the ending just infuriates me more.

1 hour ago, Twilight Man said:

including the innocent kids in Japan

The innocent kids in Japan the organization wanted to sacrifice. "How much work does it take to kill a bunch of nine year olds?!" If the little kids hadn't figured out how to not get killed, it wouldn't have been so imperative for Marty and the others to die. They must not have drugged their oatmeal sufficiently, that's how rigged it was.

• Love 1