Jump to content

Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: Bits and Pieces


Recommended Posts

(edited)
29 minutes ago, Loandbehold said:

I remember an episode of Scrubs where three patients died after receiving organ transplants from a donor who it turned out had rabies. 

I remember that one too.  It was a recurring character who had previously tried to commit suicide so they "assumed" she did commit suicide, used her organs and then found out she had died from rabies.  That would never, never happen in real life - they test everything and they test often.

Edited by Trey
  • Love 4
Link to comment

On 6/1/2018 at 8:50 AM, Trey said:

I remember that episode. It was pretty good.

Because there were multiple defendants, I lost count of how many times Ben Stone called someone "Sir"

  • Love 3
Link to comment
On 6/2/2018 at 8:56 AM, Nessie said:

Yep.  A quick google search of "living tissue banks" turned up over 4 million results (not all relevant, of course).  

There was a scene in Brooklyn 99 about "relevant results from a Google search:
 

Quote

 “I’ll just search ‘toilet videos’. Eurgh! So much porn! Probably should have been more specific. ‘Person fixing broken toilet’. More porn! How about this: ‘instructional video from a plumber on how to fix an actual toilet’. STILL PORN. HOW IS THAT STILL PORN?”

8 hours ago, Trey said:

Well, I guess it does happen.  Scary.  I had a kidney transplant nine years ago - so far I have not exhibited any signs of rabies.

So YOU say, Cujo!  LOL and congrats on the transplant.

  • Love 5
Link to comment

Hey guys, I have often wondered now much money this show is getting from the Brita Water Filter company. That water pitcher always, and I mean, always shows up in every single episode. I don't know why this bothers me, but it does. Mrs. Brownstone Brita should get a supporting actress credit each week, don't ya think?  And, who drinks warm water? Joan does! Poor Joan, she needs a cocktail!?

Link to comment
5 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

Hey guys, I have often wondered now much money this show is getting from the Brita Water Filter company. That water pitcher always, and I mean, always shows up in every single episode. I don't know why this bothers me, but it does. Mrs. Brownstone Brita should get a supporting actress credit each week, don't ya think?  And, who drinks warm water? Joan does! Poor Joan, she needs a cocktail!?

My sister prefers her Dasanis to be room temperature.

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Many people of East Asian descent drink warm, hot, or room temperature water. It surprises a lot of people, but it's fairly common to ask for warm water when dining in Asia. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
(edited)
Quote

I drink room temperature water and I'm not of Asian descent.

I do as well, and I'm not Asian, either.

Edited by basil
Link to comment

3 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

New York City is actually one of the few places in the world where a Brita is unnecessary. Many years on I still miss being able to just grab a glass of water from the sink. NY tap water is basically pure.

Another show set in NYC created a crime plot around this fact—I can't recall which show, but clearly it isn't this one if they're using Brita pitchers. Or is it possibly just a filterless pitcher filled with tap water? Small screens here.

 

6 hours ago, possibilities said:

I drink room temperature water and I'm not of Asian descent.

Same here, but I have come to view about 50% of my herb tea drinking as an excuse for having a cup of hot water, and I think my first herb tea exposure was in the 70s and that it was Yogi tea, which is presumably at least inspired by Asian cultures.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
(edited)
6 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Another show set in NYC created a crime plot around this fact—I can't recall which show, but clearly it isn't this one if they're using Brita pitchers. Or is it possibly just a filterless pitcher filled with tap water? Small screens here.

I don't know about another show, but this show actually did this plot last season.  I recall Sherlock castigating Joan for installing a filter on their water pipes.  It's possible that Joan is just weird and prefers filtered water instead of delicious, clean but unfiltered NYC water.

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Quote

 It's possible that Joan is just weird and prefers filtered water instead of delicious, clean but unfiltered NYC water.

Or, she knows it's probable that an old brownstone in NYC has lead pipes or at least lead solder on copper pipes, and is hedging her bets. I remember that episode as well. There was a clown in it ;)

  • Love 2
Link to comment
×
×
  • Create New...