Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E07: Clash of Kings

• Start Topic

(edited)

If it's Wednesday on discovery.com, it must be next Tuesday.

Jake makes a devil's bargain, huge crab for hidden perils, until his boat itself is on the line. Sig serves cold justice at sea, while Wild Bill chases a King Crab jackpot. The Cornelia Marie crew learns when you bet on a boat, the house always wins.

Apparently this only works if you can log in to a service provider on their list....

Edited by kassygreene
  • Love 1

I could happily go out the rest of my life with out hearing "hundo" again. I'd never heard the term before and now I never want to hear it again. It also occurred to me that Josh may be trying to look like Tony Stark, Iron Man with that trim to his beard. I can't remember, and i'm too lazy to research it, which guy had that beard first.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, Linderhill said:

I could happily go out the rest of my life with out hearing "hundo" again. I'd never heard the term before and now I never want to hear it again. It also occurred to me that Josh may be trying to look like Tony Stark, Iron Man with that trim to his beard. I can't remember, and i'm too lazy to research it, which guy had that beard first.

Please . . . do  not EVER use the words "Josh" and "Tony Stark" in the same sentence!!!  That is blasphemy against Iron Man.  

Josh is 35 (trying to look like he's "cool" with that stupid hat).  Iron Man 1 came out in 2008.  Not sure who wore it first, but Tony Stark always wears it better.  He's cool with no effort.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I'm glad we didn't have a drinking game going on wherein we'd take a shot every time someone said "hundo."  Josh looks high to me.

Josh sounds and looks like a hard-core pothead, and Jake always seems like he's tweaking out. It's probably his natural state but man, he's looking rough these days. 

• Love 2

You know what I noticed in this episode?  On the other ships, we are familiar with the crew.   On the CM, I have no idea who the crew is.   It’s all about Josh.  

I wouldn’t mind seeing Casey, the CM and crew WITHOUT Josh.  I like Casey.  I was not a fan of the TB but I’d prefer to see them over the manufactured antics on the CM.   

Seriously.   What do we need to do to get Disco to get Josh off our screen?  What?  Whatever it is, I’ll do it.   

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LGGirl said:

You know what I noticed in this episode?  On the other ships, we are familiar with the crew.   On the CM, I have no idea who the crew is.   It’s all about Josh.  

Good point.  Remember way back in the day when there were real characters like Hiram, not to mention the various greenhorns who had NO idea what they had gotten themselves into? And Donna Quashnick making hearty meals for her crew and the Northwestern alternating between hilariously funny and upbeat and ducking Sig's considerable temper?

I've been a diehard fan for over a decade. but the last couple of weeks have confirmed what I suspected last year... it's run its course.  How many times can Mike Rowe talk about "going back to his honeyhole" or narrate a bet on which string will have more crab?  How many "Opies [insert year]! Woohoo!" screams as they toss the hook, or  groans as a pot comes up empty, cheers if it's full scenes?  How many "I've got to fill this boat and meet my delivery date!" speeches?   

We've seen the monster waves, we've seen the injuries, we've seen the glorious changes in weather... there really aren't new stories to tell if they're not going to change boats or let us get to know the younger deckhands.  Even the pranks... I always rolled my eyes at the obvious made for tv stuff like the car, but freezing water in boots is not worth the little Northwestern airtime we've been getting.  Hell, even crew getting caught in the line and almost going overboard doesn't elicit more than a fleeting "yikes."

We've all grown to care about these people, but at some point the novelty was gone, the very real personal drama drew to a close, and they tried to carry on with manufactured personal dramas (the legacy of Capt. Phil!) and now it's all about as fresh as a Josh Harris joke.

I'd love for them to close out with some Mike Rowe-hosted roundtables showing and discussing clips from early seasons, catching up with people like Hiram (if they want to cooperate), and celebrating all the great television they created, rather than continuing to limp along.  

• Love 4

About to type about how "hundo" was grating on my last nerve.  Glad I wasn't alone in hating it.

One little thing.  Remember when those CM crew were dropping like flies due to all the injuries that were piling up?  And Josh just sat in the wheelhouse basically doing nothing and not going on deck to help? 

Now the only time he went on deck was to make sure the count was right due to that stupid "hundo" (sorry) wager that was going on.  He. Is. Totally. Useless.

• Love 4

The contrived wager between Casey and Josh is Exhibit A in the indictment of the Cornelia Marie as the most boring vessel in the Dutch Harbor fleet.  There's no story aboard.   Casey has been hired by Discovery to babysit famewhore Josh .   The End.   Each CM segment consists of Josh mugging, Casey looking embarrassed, Mike Rowe invoking the "Harris luck" or the Harris legacy in some way, and the deck guys shouting "Yee haw."   

The pretend drama with Jake and the battery was also pretty transparent.   No one can convince me he was ever in jeopardy of losing control of the throttle or other vital functions of the ship.   The foreboding music was way, way over the top.

I pretty much can't stand Jake Anderson now either.   He began the season begging for crumbs off Sig's table, then tucked his tail between his legs and went sniffing around Keith, only to bite the hand that tried to help him.   Now he blusters like he's a self-made man and the ultimate underdog who simultaneously deserves admiration and pity.   Asshole.

I miss the Time Bandit.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, millennium said:

The contrived wager between Casey and Josh is Exhibit A in the indictment of the Cornelia Marie as the most boring vessel in the Dutch Harbor fleet.  There's no story aboard.   Casey has been hired by Discovery to babysit famewhore Josh .   The End.   Each CM segment consists of Josh mugging, Casey looking embarrassed, Mike Rowe invoking the "Harris luck" or the Harris legacy in some way, and the deck guys shouting "Yee haw."   

I miss the Time Bandit.

I think the majority owners require Casey to be on board whenever the ship leaves the dock, because they know that Josh doesn't know enough to untie the ropes first.  Josh is only still there for the "drama" of the "Harris legacy."  And that's the only reason the CM is still on the show.

I miss the TB, too.  I got to visit her in 2012 when she was in drydock.  

Capture.JPG

• Love 5

I was annoyed when Mike Rowe VO'd that Clark got his just desserts for pranking Sig ... Clark would never have done that on his own. He was simply being a good soldier and responding to the "Code Red" ordered by Edgar. 

On 5/23/2018 at 1:41 PM, Barbara Please said:

Josh sounds and looks like a hard-core pothead, and Jake always seems like he's tweaking out. It's probably his natural state but man, he's looking rough these days. 

Josh also manages to be the only person on any of the crabbing boats who always looks well rested, bathed, and groomed.   It's almost like he doesn't do anything.

• Love 8