Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E22: Sliding Sweaters

When Katie starts her day in a bad mood, the Ottos come together to cheer her up; but in an alternate reality and in a different sweater, Katie starts her day in a good mood and the family comes together to cheer up Greg.

(edited)
17 minutes ago, Commando Cody said:

This episode could have been done so much better. I think it was the worst episode of the series, so far.  

Yeah, I watched it thinking "WTF?"... but I had a terrible migraine, so I wasn't sure if that was why.  I'll have to watch it again when I feel better and see if it improves for me.  But my first impression was that what they were trying for just didn't work.

Edited by AnnaRose
  • Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, possibilities said:

What I liked about it is that it didn't turn on Katy being awful. I liked that the family pulled together, actually in both versions, by the end of it.

I thought that the repeated mention of latex allergies, and thus Anna-Kat being a mistake, was pretty awful.  You have 3 kids, stop talking about how much you resent having them.  And stop wearing juice-stained clothes on a light bedspread, and take your shoes off, too, when on the bed, Otto family.

I didn't think that either sweater was great, but the blue one was completely shapeless and unflattering.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 4

I agree that the latex thing was annoying. Find some other form of contraception and stop acting like you actually had no choice. I don't think she really hates her kids, though.

I thought the sweaters were identical other than the color.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I agree that the latex thing was annoying. Find some other form of contraception and stop acting like you actually had no choice. I don't think she really hates her kids, though.

Completely agree, it is not only annoying it's like everyone who has more than 1 kid acts like it would have never happened if someone would have worn a condom. Even more, having Taylor being so stupid at times, but then have Oliver being mini capitalist yet doesn't grasp the idea that half the crap he does is going to screw him over. Then you add in Ann-kat who wants to be mini Katie, but worst. It just makes you go: "Why did you ever have kids to begin with?" Plus you also add in Greg's entire tenure story that has been going on. Having him say now that he has the special executive bathroom key so he don't have to wait until he goes home to poop. I really wish the writers would get a clue on how universities and "rich towns" work in the real world. I know it's a sitcom, but you wonder how all these people are still alive or able to even pay bills is staggering. One point that Taylor had with the cafe scene on how Katie and her friends always eat there and they mooch off their husbands or exes and yet kids can't do that. 

• Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, possibilities said:

She doesn't hate them, but they are an easy excuse for everything she doesn't like about her life, which is completely unfair.

The pink sweater was open and draped on the sides.  The blue one was awkwardly held closed by a single hook and made her look extremely lumpy.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, possibilities said:

I really do need to watch this episode again without a migraine.  Is that what the latex allergy mention was implying?  That having Anna-Kat was a mistake?  The whole thing went right over my aching head, and I thought she meant that Anna-Kat has a latex allergy and they didn't trust having her in day care or something, especially with her other issues.  I never considered that she meant her husband couldn't use condoms because they do make non-latex ones.  A latex allergy is no reason not to use birth control.

Edited by AnnaRose
  • Love 1

I actually liked this episode.  I also liked the movie "Sliding Doors" on which it was based.

I was kind of sleepy when I watched it - At the end did they show us which sweater reality was the "real" one or was there no real one?

Also, has Katy Mixon been very pregnant in real life for the last several episodes?  She seems huger in ever episode and I can't imagine that's all her as it's too located in the stomach area.  If she has a baby she's going to look much thinner afterward.  Perhaps they'll write a diet and exercise plot into the show to explain it.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Also, has Katy Mixon been very pregnant in real life for the last several episodes?  She seems huger in ever episode and I can't imagine that's all her as it's too located in the stomach area.  If she has a baby she's going to look much thinner afterward.  Perhaps they'll write a diet and exercise plot into the show to explain it.

Yes, I heard her on EW radio the other day and she has had back to back pregnancies during both seasons.  She is due any day now.

• Love 5
On 5/4/2018 at 8:35 AM, alalaxmom said:

Yes, I heard her on EW radio the other day and she has had back to back pregnancies during both seasons.  She is due any day now.

I was wondering what was going on. I thought she was pregnant last season. I know the baby weight doesn't instantly disappear, but she looks more pregnant now than she did last season. I had no idea that she was pregnant again. 

• Love 2

Yes, Katy is most definitely pregnant again. She has gotten seriously lucky that they've been able to keep shooting and working around the pregnancy while giving birth at a time where the show is on hiatus. First baby delivered last May, this baby due this May (meaning this month). For many, expectant mom would need some time off and with it being so early in the series it definitely could've spelled the end before it took off. So lucky for her and for us that she's been able to shoot two full seasons back to back and pregnant almost the entire time.

I enjoyed this Sliding Doors episode, nice to see the show going for something different.

"Hey Prius! Get into the bike lane where you belong!" 

LMAO! I'm sure some were offended, but I was completely dying as it seems like it's baked into every Prius that they are physically incapable of going even 2 miles above the stated speed limit. I'm getting on the road later today to go out of town and inevitably there will be a Prius in the fast lane that everyone is passing or beeping at to get over. No exaggeration, it happens on every single time I'm on the road.

• Love 4
On 5/3/2018 at 6:47 PM, ItCouldBeWorse said:

and take your shoes off, too, when on the bed, Otto family.

That's actually one of my peeves on just about every TV show! Nobody ever seems to take their street shoes off in the house, let alone not put them up on the bed. Yuck!

As for the episode itself, I didn't hate it but didn't love it either. It seemed like one of those "filler" eps that shows tend to have every so often. The subject, however, I could get behind...basically no matter who you are, no matter what your life, you occasionally have the "what if" moment where you wonder how things would be if you'd chosen a different path at some earlier point.

Yes, Katy indicated several times that Anna Kat had been an accident; but as she's also indicated several times in the past, Anna Kat is also her favorite kid, the one she feels is most like her. So I didn't read too much into this. As I'm sure we all have examples from real life, unplanned doesn't necessarily equal unwanted or unloved.

• Love 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, SnarkySheep said:

Yes, Katy indicated several times that Anna Kat had been an accident; but as she's also indicated several times in the past, Anna Kat is also her favorite kid, the one she feels is most like her. So I didn't read too much into this. As I'm sure we all have examples from real life, unplanned doesn't necessarily equal unwanted or unloved.

I just think it's a terrible idea to constantly tell a kid that she was an accident, even if you also say that you're glad that you have her.  Katy wasn't a teenage, single mother, so there's no lesson to be taught.  And if Anna-Kat goes through some tough times later, the constant reminders that she was not initially wanted cannot be helpful.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 3

I was going to wait until the end of the season to just comment on all of the episodes but this episode was so funny to me.  The best one yet.  I loved the introduction of the handcuffs "why do you have handcuffs in your bedroom?" and Greg "why do you have our handcuffs on....I mean handcuffs on" and I thought showing that you take care of the person having the worse day endearing. Anna-Kat had a great line delivery in the restaurant while opening the jam "this lady".  And then at the end Katy Mixon got to show off her real life baby bump.

• Love 2