Type keyword(s) to search

Jersey Shore - General Discussion

• Start Topic

So I guess this season is going to be about Angelina's divorce/affair?  Why are the castmates being so shady about it if they are really just trying to protect Angelina?  The last person that should have gone to tell Angelina about the video was Jenni.  Mike would have been better.  But I  never heard them tell Angelina they were there to help her avoid the public exposure.  I call BS on the whole storyline.  

• Love 3

I hope not, that would get old.  In fact it's already gotten too old.  Producers need to go beyond TMZ and social media for story ideas.

OK, the Snookie reunion, everyone loved.

But she wasn't in all the other gatherings in this episode.  So what's the holdup?

You'd think Jenni would have been talking to Nicole so she might have known she was coming back.  But she really seemed surprised.

I wonder how much these people talk or message or how often they get together.  At times it looks like they really enjoy each other's company.  But they're being paid a lot of money to do this TV show about "family vacations."

Some of them certainly would talk regularly and get together, if they live near each other.

But they may be closer to other friends or family and see them in their daily lives.

I could see some of them going away on trips together but if they weren't being paid would they go away for weeks on these family vacations?

Well nobody really does that in real life.  Maybe 2-3 weeks for some special trip like to Europe, once in awhile.

Their mission now is come together and act the fool for TV money.  At least they're not brawling like they used to.  Or not at this minute at least.  But the truth may be that MTV wants to see them fight rather than always be cumbaya.

• Love 2
On 6/20/2021 at 3:44 PM, aghst said:

I hope not, that would get old.  In fact it's already gotten too old.  Producers need to go beyond TMZ and social media for story ideas.

OK, the Snookie reunion, everyone loved.

But she wasn't in all the other gatherings in this episode.  So what's the holdup?

You'd think Jenni would have been talking to Nicole so she might have known she was coming back.  But she really seemed surprised.

I wonder how much these people talk or message or how often they get together.  At times it looks like they really enjoy each other's company.  But they're being paid a lot of money to do this TV show about "family vacations."

Some of them certainly would talk regularly and get together, if they live near each other.

But they may be closer to other friends or family and see them in their daily lives.

I could see some of them going away on trips together but if they weren't being paid would they go away for weeks on these family vacations?

Well nobody really does that in real life.  Maybe 2-3 weeks for some special trip like to Europe, once in awhile.

Their mission now is come together and act the fool for TV money.  At least they're not brawling like they used to.  Or not at this minute at least.  But the truth may be that MTV wants to see them fight rather than always be cumbaya.

It's all about playing clowns for the money. These people would have faded into obscurity like a bad restaurant were it not for all the years they've been on TV and that they've even been on that long is a wonder in and of itself.

• Love 4

Well MTV must need to fill a lot of hours of programming with "reality TV" these days that they're willing to reboot JS or The Hills.

Guess enough viewers from back in the day like us are watching and keeping them on the air.

• Love 2
(edited)

OK, Deena didn't pick the Poconos for them.  Producers did because they'd have to cut a deal with the venue to be able to film there as well as a negotiated price.

I guess MTV wanted them to film in the winter, so they make Pauly leave sunny Vegas.  They must have paid for his private jet, though he can afford one himself?

They're also making Laurens and Deena go on this "family vacation" while very pregnant.

Snookie makes a short appearance just to have that sit down with Angelina but she's not talking to the others?  Because she's going to surprise them in the Poconos?

They go through the trouble of sending film crews to different parts of the country, just so they can film Ronnie talking to Angelina.  So even when they're not filming the whole cast, they may be doing individual scenes throughout the year.

Angelina and Chris are going to go.  They want that TV money.  Chris wasn't driving a Cadillac before he got on the show.

I wonder if they will do another international trip.  Or maybe the cast, now with familial obligations, may not want to travel far or for as long a time.

Maybe MTV agrees to keep these trips to a couple of weeks but in exchange, they're doing them more often, just to air more episodes around the year?

Edited by aghst
  • Love 1
(edited)

So Chris moved out and showed back up to the house the day for the trip? Then goes on the trip. He just fulfilling a contract/money grab.

Deena and Lauren being so pregnant I guess they couldn't go far for this family vacation.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

They can't make the whole season about Angelina's marriage again.

Guys are making too big a deal but they are so bereft of story ideas?

Pauly had some funny banter, like his girlfriend embarrassing him in front of his friends, then making some cracks about Vinny.  Actually could be a funny guy but they have him doing his prank personal and screaming into the megaphone.

I guess nobody will be mocking Jenni about 24 any more.  She moved on real quick from her divorce.  Maybe she sees him becoming a big wrestling star.

• Love 4

They can't make the whole season about Angelina's marriage again.

Well, it sure looks that way.  And I swear they are making something out of nothing...shocker.  

Love the guys together as they are naturally funny when ribbing each other.  The girls not so much but half of them are pregnant and Angelina is, well, Angelina.  Combative even then there is no issue.  

• Love 3

They had fun with the snow tubing.

Some of these activities they wouldn't do but probably had to for TV.  Highlights of the basketball game was Vinny bragging about his skills and them showing a montage of bad missed shots and then Mike stuffing his face with pizza as soon as he subbed out.

Vinny got more than he bargained for when he started the food fight.  Main piece beats the side piece.  I never noticed this coat with sentimental value for him.  They all buy expensive cars with the TV money but he didn't upgrade his wardrobe?

Sounds like the video wasn't that damning.  So now they get a bet, the payoff will be another made-for-TV event.

• Love 2

Poor Vinny.  First Pauly ditches him for a gf.  Then Ronny also ditches him for a VF.

So he ditches uncle Nino, though it was probably scripted, with the camera following Nino running around in his Speedos.

Ronny’s gf seems low maintenance.  So how did he get in trouble with DV?  With his baby momma?

I think they encourage Vinny and Angelina to go at each other all the time, it’s one of their things they do on the show.

Mike isn’t holding back any more.  He’s like a guide missile honing in on where the food is.

No more cheat days because he’s no longer trying to be fit like in prison.  Must have gained some weight  since he got out of prison.  Once the baby arrives, he’s going to be stress eating.

• Love 2

Is it just me or is this really getting boring?  I loved the wrestling bit.  My 24 sure has nice thighs!  And he seems so good with Jenny's kids.

Previews for next week could be interesting with Snookie coming back apparently in full blown Snookie drunkenness.  I thought this was why she stopped filming, because of the backlash of her drinking too much?  What was funny 10 years ago is not so much now.

• Love 2

They're not going to be brawling like before nor go out in public, especially during a pandemic, where they might be accosted by others.

Mike used to be probably the top driver of conflict in the OG show but obviously he's mellowed and changed himself for the better.

Jenni isn't the angry young chick either, ready to fight anyone and everyone.

Back in the day they probably wouldn't have sat for the etiquette coach or the sexed-up Newlywed Game.

Also they have to integrate the SOs, who are not the young and aggressive either.

If they weren't being paid to be together on these "family vacations" would they spend time with each other?  Some of them certainly seems to, were friends before (Deanna and Nicole) or have become friends since (Jenni and Nicole).

Maybe they wouldn't go out of their way to hang out though.  They live in different parts of the country and several of them have families so their children are going to drive what they do.

I guess the TV show lets them not work though, so once it's over they'd have more time on their hands.

• Love 2

Snookie was only going to stay overnight but she drinks herself into a stupor.

why come out only for overnight?  Her hubby has her on a short leash?  Yet she’s doing some other MTV show?

but she’s not bringing much if she gets sleepy drunk, which isn’t even entertaining-drunk, though looks like she may be picking fights.

Or she and Angelina still have beef, with Chris mocking her toast.

but Angelina still wants to confront Lauren’s for prying into her business.

WTF was that boat race.  My guess was over the winter, there was slim pickings on venues.  Maybe the covid cases hadn’t taken off but I don’t know if winter venues like ski resorts were operating normally.

so they only had the Poconos and they must have strained to come up with activities to film.

is Mike stress-eating or he’s just given up?

Edited by aghst
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SilverLake0315 said:

Angelina's obsession with what Lauren and Chris discussed is beyond annoying. What deep, dark secret are you afraid she'll unearth, Angelina?

Lauren probably had direction from production  to ask all of the questions; I feel

like I’ve barely ever heard her say more than a few words at a time before now

Edited by teapot
  • Love 3
On 8/16/2021 at 2:12 PM, teapot said:
On 8/16/2021 at 12:23 PM, SilverLake0315 said:

Angelina's obsession with what Lauren and Chris discussed is beyond annoying. What deep, dark secret are you afraid she'll unearth, Angelina?

Lauren probably had direction from production  to ask all of the questions; I feel

like I’ve barely ever heard her say more than a few words at a time before now

I think Angelina going after Lauren is a BAD idea.  Lauren has never "come after" Angelina so I don't know where this is coming from other than Angelina's twisted mind or it is producer driven.  Lauren is one of the nicer ones so it's weird Angeline thinks Lauren is being too nosey.....

• Love 2
4 hours ago, gaPeach said:

I think Angelina going after Lauren is a BAD idea.  Lauren has never "come after" Angelina so I don't know where this is coming from other than Angelina's twisted mind or it is producer driven.  Lauren is one of the nicer ones so it's weird Angeline thinks Lauren is being too nosey.....

If I'm remembering wrong, please correct me... but wasn't there some incident with Angelina posting clickbait, or something, about Mike and Lauren got really pissed and confronted her? Rightfully so, but my guess is that's Angelina's definition of Lauren "coming after her" and why she thinks Lauren is trying to get back at her 🙄

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

So Mike has a T-shirt and protein supplement businesses to add to his TV money.

Maybe Jenni does too.  They're trying to leverage the show to get social media followers and fans to buy this stuff.

I wonder if Pauly lost gigs during the pandemic.

Vinny must no longer do the stripping but I don't know if that was only for TV.  In any event he was shopping homes in LA and Ronnie got a big pad so the TV money must at least give them a good enough living.

The side gigs though can't be that sustainable.

• Love 2

Pauly totally lost during pandemic with all his travelling and clubbing gigs stopped. He basically had to stay home and do house stuff Nikki said. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1
On 8/18/2021 at 12:34 PM, aghst said:

Yeah that seems to be Angelina's schtik on the show, going after one of the girls and flirting with Vinnie.

This is one of the things that frustrates me about Angelina.  She always has to have a problem with one of the girls.  The guys can rib her endlessly and ask a bunch of questions and its totally ok but, if the girls do it, she flips out.  

• Love 2
On 2/1/2021 at 8:42 AM, gaPeach said:

I am sad no one is watching or posting on this show.  I have to admit this season I have laughed more than the last 3.  The guys are just funny!  Is this all producer driven?  yeah pretty much.  I think the dislike between Angelina and Jenni is real. It is just driving this season's storyline.

I believe Jenni when she said she doesn't have any feelings towards Angelina and just won't have anything to do with her.  I wouldn't either.  Angelina is the most vile talking one in the group and she still harps on the speech the girls gave at her wedding is ridiculous.  All Angelina had to do was watch the episode and see that there was no ill will towards her and she should apologize and move on.  Nope!  I guess she took to twitter and got nasty.  Watching her constantly talking to herself/camera about Jenni this and Jenni that..........ugh get over it!  If Jenni were smart she would totally ignore her.  That would really get to Angelina.

But the guys are totally worth watching this show.  They crack me up.

Yes, the guys have always made the show for me. I think their humor is a huge part of why the show is such a success. They've always been funny. 

• Love 2

I probably will finish out this season and call it done, if this even comes back. Its boring, a bunch of mid-thirties parents trying to earn that bit of cash off a successful show from years gone by. Florabama Shore got boring (and so did my life) when the pandemic hit, but its like watching paint dry. Why did they ever stop filming Party Down South ?

• Love 3

As entertaining as it is watching Nichole drunk, it really is not a good look.  The fact that none of the others drink with her makes it worse.  I know Deena said she wishes were could drink with Nichole but I doubt she would go back to full meatball days.  Nichole is a professional though I have to give her that.  Even in my younger days I could not sustain an all day drunk, fall off a stage and do cartwheels only to wake up the next day and not want to die.  She needs to buddy up with Angelina for a new drinking partner.  I think Angelina is the only one left that would drink to that level of excess.

Ron's GF seems to be pretty nice and level headed.  Good for him.  I hope it works for him as I have always had a soft spot for him.  I think it helps that she did not know who he was or watched the show from 10 years ago.

And kudos to Nickie.  I saw her on the Double Shot at Love show and she sort of came off as a stalker but now I can see what she was so upset about.  Apparently she and Paulie had real feelings.  Not sure if he really got cold feet or if it was all part of the show for the 2nd season.  If it was I am pretty sure she was not in on it.

• Love 1

Does she think she has to live up to her Snookie rep?

But she hasn't really been on the show much and she seems to be trying to do another show instead.

She shows up and starts drinking nonstop.  Maybe instead of a few glasses of wine, she figures the show is paying for it so she partakes way more than she would at home, where her husband may object if she drank like this.

• Love 1

Eh the finale was all about the running through the wall stunt.

Again producer-driven.  Wife didn't want it but Mike is going to dutifully go along with it.

Rest of cast was mocking the gender reveal.

From the way everyone overreacted to Angelina shooting Chris in the face, that probably was scripted too.

They kept repeating "she shot her husband in the face!" and "worst EMT ever!"

Only funny comments at the end were about how she has to give him sex for shooting him.

So looks like they started shooting the next season, with clips of their antics to come as the final montage of the episode.

23 hours ago, aghst said:

It's not on until January?

You might be right.  I think I am seeing the preview show of the preview of the preview season?  I do like it when they show clips for original show.  They all look so young.  The guys all look the same.  Deanna is the only girl that looks like her younger self and Snookie is 2nd.  It is a toss up between JWow and Angelina.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Artsda said:

I think Angelina did something to her face after Poconos. It looks different to me this season.

Yes I agree.  She is starting to look like JWow.  Maybe she is going to her plastic surgeon?

So is Ronnie not getting engaged now?  Does anyone know what happened between him and his GF?  I did not think Ronnie was drinking anymore so is it mental issues?

• Love 2

It was winter time in the Poconos.  Don't recall if Deena and Laurens was showing.  So now they both gave birth since last season.

Was there enough time for Angelina to get major facial plastic surgery?

As for Vinnie, maybe he just wanted to get away from Staten Island, which wouldn't be the worst impulse.

Mike was tearing up because the baby had a fever spike and they had to wait a day to take him home.

First couple of times he got weepy it seemed heartfelt.  But is he able to tear on for the cameras any time now or still real?

Edited by aghst
  • Love 2
On 1/14/2022 at 6:13 PM, Kathy said:

Why did Vinnie move so far?  Now he says he misses everything and everyone?  What was his reason for moving?  Isn't Ronnie there too?

Ronnie is there too after moving from Vegas, but Vinnie is already selling or sold that LA house he bought. So who knows if he's still there or returned.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2
On 1/15/2022 at 2:30 PM, aghst said:

Mike was tearing up because the baby had a fever spike and they had to wait a day to take him home.

On last night's episode I thought they said the baby was there for weeks?  

And Nicole and Deena getting together at Deena's house just so they can get drunk together again seem forced.  And I don't think they got that drunk.  And what was on Angelina's white shorts?  Period blood?  She is just gross at times.  Well, most of the time actually.

Looking forward to what rumor she has heard on "the streets" It looked like it was about Pauly.

And I had Laski done on my eyes and I don't remember being in the bed for a couple of days with dark glasses on.  I just went home and laid down and took a nap and was fine when I got up.  She does seem to be laid up a lot from some kind of surgery she has had done.

• Love 2