Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Andiamo

The morning/afternoon after Epi04 and no comments indicates how this show is going right now, still in a downward path to cancellation city. I'm still sad. I'm still watching, hoping things turn around, but honestly? I think this was a one-season show that TPTP got greedy on and tried to string it out into multiple seasons, and even from the beginning of S2, it's been in the shitter.

Just about the only thing I'm wondering about is this - The Dr. knows Max is alive because they spoke in S2E01, then Sal comes and takes Max on a mission. I assume that Sal has reconnected with the Dr., otherwise he'd know she was at that motel where Max was, yes? So do we think she's back in the Dr.'s good graces? And I cant remember, is Lenny Cohen still alive? I'm asking these questions, but sadly I dont care a lot about them, they're just the only questions I have on a pretty lame season. *sigh*

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, gingerella said:

The morning/afternoon after Epi04 and no comments indicates how this show is going right now, still in a downward path to cancellation city. I'm still sad. I'm still watching, hoping things turn around, but honestly? I think this was a one-season show that TPTP got greedy on and tried to string it out into multiple seasons, and even from the beginning of S2, it's been in the shitter.

Just about the only thing I'm wondering about is this - The Dr. knows Max is alive because they spoke in S2E01, then Sal comes and takes Max on a mission. I assume that Sal has reconnected with the Dr., otherwise he'd know she was at that motel where Max was, yes? So do we think she's back in the Dr.'s good graces? And I cant remember, is Lenny Cohen still alive? I'm asking these questions, but sadly I dont care a lot about them, they're just the only questions I have on a pretty lame season. *sigh*

Yeah, there were warning signs when they decided to have the characters travel to another country and separate them, that's usually never worked well on almost any show and has usually dragged the pacing down.

Edited by Free
  • Love 3

I'm still really enjoying it! They kind of needed to separate everybody to get some footing for new adventures and confrontations. I think having Max leverage the Blooms makes sense, and I'll be interested to see what happens with Maddie's mom. Mel Harris is too good and well-known an actress to leave on a side burner forever. (Think she'll cross paths with Ezra's mom? Shades of the New Year's Eve party at Hope & Michael's.)

I really hope we've seen the last of Rosa. She put me to sleep. I did like the characters Jules ran into, though--the woman who introduced her to the arts community, and the fake passport guy (Griffin Dunne). 

I've got enough faith in these storytellers to stick with it. Last season was really satisfying right to the end (for me), and I'm interested to see where this all goes. Besides, Paul Adelstein's character is an interesting loose end and possible loose cannon!

4 hours ago, gingerella said:

I think you are probably right, although I thought this episode was an improvement over the previous (that's a low bar, though).   I still have hope for it, because last season was so good, and the premise of  the show so original.

• Love 2

I finally got around to watching this one....HAAAAATTTING “Poppy”.  Please don’t make her a permanent character.  Jules was one of my least favorite person out of a pretty good cast last season. The unlikeable gene runs strong in this fictitious family.  I think the actress is horrible.  And introducing her into the plot is all kinds of stupid.

Not sure I like the FBI Reject & Retiree Roadtrip plot much either.  I will keep hanging on til the end, but I’m not enjoying this show as much as I did last year.

Uh, so Sophia/Rosa arrives at the scheduled time - wouldn't she go find the guy who was supposed to actually smuggle them over the border (since he was going to smuggle her too) and he would tell her what happened?

I just binged the 1st 4 episodes of S2, and wow...I'm very underwhelmed.  What a major disappointment.  What happened to this show?  Did they change writers?  Or was it just a one hit wonder?  I am not even the slightest bit intrigued or entertained by any of the story lines, so I'm hoping things turn around pronto.  

• Love 6
On 4/29/2018 at 8:26 AM, BusyOctober said:

I finally got around to watching this one....HAAAAATTTING “Poppy”.  Please don’t make her a permanent character.  Jules was one of my least favorite person out of a pretty good cast last season. The unlikeable gene runs strong in this fictitious family.  I think the actress is horrible.  And introducing her into the plot is all kinds of stupid.

Not sure I like the FBI Reject & Retiree Roadtrip plot much either.  I will keep hanging on til the end, but I’m not enjoying this show as much as I did last year.

lol @ reject retiree road trip

How was Patrick ever trusted with that job? He seems like a mediocre agent. The fact that he never thought to look into where Maddie was actually from seems dumb. 

I don't like Poppy. Wish there was another backstory for Jules because I do like her. 

• Love 2

I don't like the second season.  I think the 1st season really could've been done in movie format, the kind at theaters not on tv (not sure what the end would've been though.)

• Love 1
On 5/6/2018 at 3:28 AM, crgirl412 said:

I don't like the second season.  I think the 1st season really could've been done in movie format, the kind at theaters not on tv (not sure what the end would've been though.)

The second season definitely isn't as good. I'm a couple of episodes behind so I'm hoping it gets better. I just discovered this show this year. While watching, I assumed it was a one-season show. I was thrilled when I learned that it's currently on the air but I didn't expect it to be that great. I agree in that the premise lends itself better to a different format. 

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, Rumen said:

Can someone to tell me which is the song from S2E4 ot 17 minutes when all go to bus. 

I was trying to shazam for you, but there's no bus at 17 minutes E4

1 minute ago, dleighg said:

I was trying to shazam for you, but there's no bus at 17 minutes E4

I try with shazam also but song is very short there. In first season also have this song for short. The exact time is 17:03 (start thr song) before sister to tel "Andiamo"

On 6/2/2018 at 10:56 PM, dleighg said:

was looking at wrong episode :) Am on my way out but will try later if someone else hasn't :)

Hi,

Do you have time to check for song?