Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Silenzio

Drogo

Did Nonna Rosario rat them out? Was she praying for forgiveness? Ugh. We know how things went, but it was still awful to see Angelo go down. 

Edited by 7isBlue
  • Love 4

If only, if only...  I would have thought that Paul and Angelo would have stopped the guy and commandeered his truck.  Angelo should know his way around and thy could have driven a long way away in a hurry.  I don't think either of them were thinking that far in the future.  How far was that train going?  It looked like it was making 20-30 mph all day long and into the night.

Your son's been kidnapped.  You haven't heard word one for several days.  You think it might have been a good idea to keep the phone handy, instead of buried in the sofa?  Maybe it happened that way, maybe it was a plot device, but, Jeez.

I'll bet the goons left the old couple to clean up the mess, too.  Serves them right.  Betrayal is a heavy weight.  And don't expect any of that hefty reward from the gang, either.

Altogether a rather gripping episode, even if we knew the outcome.  It's tragic that Getty Sr.  thinks that the gang will recognize the offer of $600+ expenses as a ruse to conclude the deal, and not even considering the possibility that they would consider it a grave insult.

Leonardo, you got lucky, at least for the moment.  Saved by the car.

• Love 5

Damn it, if only Paul and Angelo had just stolen the truck and drove away, they could have made it! Not that Angelo dying was a huge shock, but it was still awful how it happened. I guess he could only be happy that it was quick. It was sad watching Paul and Angelo bonding when you could tell that this was going to end badly. There is just something so horrible about running from people who want to kill you, knowing that anyone you meet is probably going to turn you in. 

Yeah, the oldsters are going to be waiting a long time for that reward, methinks. The reward is probably "we dont splatter your brains along the wall" and if they're lucky, maybe the thugs will clean up Angelo's body. I guess she called and ratted them out while her husband was doing his concert, and was praying for forgiveness. 

I think that the mob guys and Getty Sr. are having a real failure to communicate, and are coming up against some cultural misunderstandings. Getty Sr. is looking at this like almost a business deal, putting in a low deal and preparing to negotiate, while these guys are old school Italian gangsters, and feel like this isnt some kind of business merger, its a test of honor and getting into the big leagues. This was an insult to them, not the start of a business deal. Maybe if this was one of the other gangs on the big cities they were talking about, they would have been more on the same page. 

• Love 5

RIP Angelo. Now his poor nonna will be shunned AND she will never get to see him again.

He had a kind heart but he was terrible at being a fugitive. With all the clues he left behind, he might as well have drawn Primo a map with a big red arrow that said, "I AM HERE."

In his defense, though, JP3 was the one who insisted on finding a town or a house. If not for that, who knows?

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

RIP Angelo. Now his poor nonna will be shunned AND she will never get to see him again.

He had a kind heart but he was terrible at being a fugitive. With all the clues he left behind, he might as well have drawn Primo a map with a big red arrow that said, "I AM HERE."

In his defense, though, JP3 was the one who insisted on finding a town or a house. If not for that, who knows?

IKR?  Didn't Angelo say that once the church bells started ringing and everyone knew about him escaping there was no where in the village to run too?  I wouldn't have trusted anyone but enh desperate times...

Yeah poor Angelo was a dead man walking this entire episode which made the conversation on the train about the 2 of them going to NY that much more depressing.  His death was quick which I guess was a blessing; I've seen too many mob movies where death seems to be drawn out on a traitor. 

This is the first episode where I've actually like the young JPG.  Having your new brother's brains splattered all over your face can't be easy...

Edited by Dirtybubble
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Your son's been kidnapped.  You haven't heard word one for several days.  You think it might have been a good idea to keep the phone handy, instead of buried in the sofa?  Maybe it happened that way, maybe it was a plot device, but, Jeez.

This. I want to feel sorry for her, but I just don't like her. She kicks out the man who, horrors, suggested that JP3 should work for money, and even offers to pay him to help in the garden? She tries to appeal as a mother to the mafia, when her wanting her son back contributes to his value?

• Love 1

Every time Paul and Angelo stopped--whether it was for a breather or when they got a meal with the old couple that turned them in--I kept thinking, "No, you have to keep going!" It was hard to tell how long they were on the run for, but I'd guess a couple days? I can't blame them for being so desperate for food/water/rest. It's basic Maslow's hierarchy. If you don't have those bare essentials for life, you can't function.

Brendan Fraser was only in this episode for one little scene but he still shined. He is fantastic.

And is Voldmort getting secret love notes from Dennis the Gardner???

• Love 2

So, I saw this episode only as "filler".  Yep, there isn't enough story for 10 episodes, so let's have a road trip...

And JPGIII showed his true teenage age-"I'm hungry and I'm not going any further...I'm going to find a house..."  Worked out really well there.  

• Love 1
On 4/23/2018 at 5:38 PM, Dowel Jones said:

I'll bet the goons left the old couple to clean up the mess, too.

The couple?!? They killed the old guy. It will be up to the old woman to clean everything up ... unless they killed her off screen and just left the mess.

• Love 2