Type keyword(s) to search

Total Divas - General Discussion

halgia
  • Start Topic

Yes. Disbanded those three women teams months ago. She mainly works the lesser watched shows.

What I'm saying that most people in the know called her quitting after mania the moments Bryan retired regardless of what end date she gave. I did too. We were all right. She got her mania payday. She can go now.

I think that, when she said July, she was well aware that Bryan was likely done, even if it hadn't become "official" yet.  So I'm taking her at her word that she planned to go through the summer.  The timing of Bryan pulling out of things along with her retirement suddenly being imminent makes me believe that the change was, in fact, due to his health issue.  Add in that they really didn't even acknowledge she was retiring on camera, even a little bit (beyond Nikki coming out to applaud her win), and I believe it was a recent change to her plans.  Prior to WM, they were building up the feud between her and Lana, and while it did lead to the WM match, the feud itself didn't even get some kind of resolution - Lana wasn't even the one who got pinned.  

I think it was still planned for July too and she moved it up because of Bryan.  She said July not that long ago.  They didn't mention it on WWE TV because it's said they wanted to save it for Total Divas....WWE were probably planning a storyline for her retiring to go along with that July date. 

(edited)

All I'm saying and have been saying is people called her leaving after mania the moment Bryan retired. I figured as much. Looks like that was the case. Whether or not there were actual plans, etc. is incidental. I'm just saying what most people assumed. Not what their plans actually were.

Oh and it hasn't been said here but, the divas title is no more. It is the women's title once again. I have no idea what it means for the total divas brand but they stopped calling the women on TV divas.

Also, Rosa Mandy and Alicia Fox are off Total Divas next season. Lana Renee Young and a returning to wrestling Maryse will join the cast. Naomi is also returning.

Edited by Racj82

Alicia's stuff was weird. She got mad at her mom for not telling her a secret, the same secret she was keeping. Why would she think Prichy wouldn't have talked to her mom about it? Alicia and her mom are both so strange. There's a whole lot of "how is that supposed to make ME feel???" on both sides. How did her sister end up so sensible?

I loved the Bellas stuff. Bryan and Brie have the sweetest relationship, but I also adore the Nikki/Bryan relationship. You can tell they really love each other. 

Rosa is a spoiled brat. She didn't even listen to what Alicia was saying. I tried giving her the benefit of the doubt, but she's acting like the whole world needs to stop because she's pregnant. 

I'm glad they brought back the Women's Title, but I also kind of wish they would have kept the Divas belt around as a kind of IC level women's belt.  They have a decent number of talented women on the roster now, and it's hard to work in stories for them when there's only the one title.  I'm not pushing for them to put a belt on someone like Eva or Lana, but Naomi, Becky, Sasha, Paige, and Nattie (I'm sure I'm forgetting someone) are all viable title contenders.  When it comes to the women, they seem to mostly like to write feuds and story lines (outside of the Brie/Lana thing) revolving around the belt or pursuit of a shot at the belt.  Put another belt in the mix, and you've got more for the women to do.  Also, they really need to do a women's Money in the Bank match.  They have enough women to make it interesting now (and still have some possibilities in NXT they could bring up).  

I get the want for that but they don't have the division for that. The division is shallow as it is. Yes they are calling up women often the reality is both the nxt women's and the main roster women's title only have a few women that can actually work to the level they are trying to raise to. Bayley, Asuka, Emma, Sasha, Becky, Charlotte, Natalya and Naomi to a certain extent. Women like Foxxy are time waisters, fans by and large don't care about Paige any more and the divisions are extremely shallow beyond that. Yes, they need more than one heated female feud at a time. But, they don't need another title for that.

Alicia's stuff was weird. She got mad at her mom for not telling her a secret, the same secret she was keeping. Why would she think Prichy wouldn't have talked to her mom about it? Alicia and her mom are both so strange. There's a whole lot of "how is that supposed to make ME feel???" on both sides. How did her sister end up so sensible?

I loved the Bellas stuff. Bryan and Brie have the sweetest relationship, but I also adore the Nikki/Bryan relationship. You can tell they really love each other.

Rosa is a spoiled brat. She didn't even listen to what Alicia was saying. I tried giving her the benefit of the doubt, but she's acting like the whole world needs to stop because she's pregnant.

a lot of these women just come off as super immature to me. In Paige, a lot of it is age but how is Foxxy at the same maturity level as someone nearly a decade younger. Like damn. Not that most of them ask for this but there is this whole female empowerment/ these are role models for young girls thing going on for them but I wouldn't want girls walking around acting like a lot of the women on this show.

The problem is that they seem to think they do need a title for it. So they either need to get over that, or they need another title. I'm not partial to the diva belt, but it think they need something.

Thank god Rosa will be off this show soon. I did love how they showed Alicia telling her about Prichy being sick since she claimed she didn't know later. 

Eva was pretty annoying with her trying to act like the Bellas. She even started calling everything "cute" like they do. I wish they'd kicked her off of the show instead of Mandy. 

Brie's got issues with her body & food, to put it nicely. 

• Love 1

Brie is staying with the show too. They are filming right now actually. They were in Malibu shooting photos and they went to a fashion show too. No Nattie or Naomi though.

The more I think of Eva's stank attitude the more I dislike her. When she thought she was going to end up as Divas champion, she didn't give a crap about any of "those girls" or their feelings or how she got along with them.  Plans changed, and now she's back to sucking up to them all. Except Mandy. She doesn't need her. She only needed her when she thought she could have a tag team with her and use her. 

• Love 1

Brie is so annoying. Let Nikki eat in peace. It's not like Nikki is 600 pounds and I'm pretty sure she doesn't eat like that everyday.

Eva is a people user and it's painfully obvious.

• Love 1

Brie is so annoying. Let Nikki eat in peace. It's not like Nikki is 600 pounds and I'm pretty sure she doesn't eat like that everyday.

Eva is a people user and it's painfully obvious.

I was so annoyed by Brie acting like Nikki was going to ruin her life over enjoying some food while on a trip to Paris.  Lighten the hell up, Brie!  

And, of course Eva chose to hang out with the Bellas over Mandy.  The Bellas are pretty much the stars of the show, and Mandy's a newbie.  Eva's entire existence is based on "how can I become more famous?" 

• Love 1

I actually have something positive to say sbout this episode. Rosa looks so much better with short hair instead of all that long, fake crap.

Her fiance I really want to send him a bottle of shampoo. His hair under that trucker cap, yuck.

Really surprised OCD clean freak Cena let Nikki get a dog, maybe he is thinking that will stop all her baby yearnings.

Since they are having a Bella spin-off next season does that mean this show is done?

I actually have something positive to say sbout this episode. Rosa looks so much better with short hair instead of all that long, fake crap.

Her fiance I really want to send him a bottle of shampoo. His hair under that trucker cap, yuck.

Really surprised OCD clean freak Cena let Nikki get a dog, maybe he is thinking that will stop all her baby yearnings.

Since they are having a Bella spin-off next season does that mean this show is done?

total divas are not done. They just released the cast for next season weeks ago. They are just getting a spin-off.
  • Love 1

I rather wonder how they have enough material for both....I guess the living arrangements between the sisters is going to be changing: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/699215-wwe-officially-announces-total-divas-season-six-cast-changes-and-the-new-total-bellas-reality-showbut I don't want any more episodes about composting toilets.

Eh, it will just be about the bellas life. Which extends to their husbands, their mom who is marrying a WWE executive and former wrestler and their brother. Total Divas has plenty to feature if they just spent any sort of prolonged time dealing with their actual profession. Eva got a call up to the main roster, Paige and Naomi have faded way into the background, Lana is training to wrestle and has had drama with her relationship behind the scenes, non of the wrestlers on the roster made the wrestle mania main show. The three women that actually matter in ring got that spot. Natalya is finally getting a singles title feud. Use all of this stuff and stop with so much of the bs.

This might actually improve things....I'd be all in for one show focusing on the personal stuff, and the other show showing us the women at work in and out of the ring. I doubt if that is what we will get, but I can always dream. I'm not really interested in the Bella lifestyle, but I may be one of the few who isn't.

Nah I'm not either. Also, as a actual wrestling fan. It bothers me that they had so much offered to them after quit the first time and how it took them to actually train to get good on the ring.They kick rocks any time now. I also don't buy them being die hard about wrestling, their men and their brand seem way more important to them.
  • Love 1

Loved the beginning with the French guy hitting on Brie at the restaurant. I wasn't sure what he was doing at first.

I agree that Rosa looks so much better with the shorter hair.

I dislike Eva, but Mandy was a little too sensitive about the dinner thing. Girl needs some thicker skin if she wants to be successful.

I wish they would show more wrestling stuff, but I doubt it. I would like to know more about the girls diets and workout routines.

Also, Rosa Mandy and Alicia Fox are off Total Divas next season. Lana Renee Young and a returning to wrestling Maryse will join the cast. Naomi is also returning.

Above post edited:

So, that's why Maryse and the Miz have been filling up screentime on Raw. She's awful.

I realize wrestlers date/marry each other, so it's not surprising that this will apply to some of the ladies on Total Divas. However, Lana, Renee Young, and Maryse all have significant others that are very "over" in the WWE. Was this casting on purpose, to play into that? I don't mind seeing some relationship drama, but I don't want that to take up the bulk of the show. 

I can't stand Maryse. I think she's awful. I wasn't happy to see her and her bad acting back on my screen.

I would guess they are bringing in those 3 women because of their SOs. I've heard a lot of people saying they are going to watch if they can see Dean, Rusev or Miz.

Miz & Maryse are going to be unbearable. 

Hey Eva, I might believe you felt bad for leaving Mandy out if you hadn't been mocking her as you got out of the van on the way to dinner. Dunce. I really wish they'd kept Mandy & gotten rid of Eva. Mandy seems like a sweetheart. 

Nattie was wearing the most unflattering thing I have ever seen on her when she was doing Mandy's makeup. 

Some of them act so childish about the Bellas. OMG the popular girls asked us to dinner!!

Bobby is the grossest and I'm glad that I won't see him again. Rosa wants to be an adult and discuss problems and he tells her to look at her ring. I always laugh when I think of his twitter handle, BobbyRagesHard. He's a mush mouthed toad. I hope for Rosa's sake it's all an act for the show. She made me cry when the baby was born!

Her mom is an asshole.

That puppy is the cutest! 

Edited by BellaLugosi

Above post edited:

So, that's why Maryse and the Miz have been filling up screentime on Raw. She's awful.

I realize wrestlers date/marry each other, so it's not surprising that this will apply to some of the ladies on Total Divas. However, Lana, Renee Young, and Maryse all have significant others that are very "over" in the WWE. Was this casting on purpose, to play into that? I don't mind seeing some relationship drama, but I don't want that to take up the bulk of the show. 

I wasn't watching WWE when Maryse was around before, so this has been my first exposure to her, and, God almighty, that woman is bad on the mic.  She makes Reigns look like he was born to work a mic.  It's just so, so bad.  Was I imagining it, or did she utter some line about "and now we kiss on the lips"?  What the hell?  Either she's flubbing her lines left and right (in addition to being bad at delivering them), or she has her very own special inexperienced writer.  

And I will fully admit, my first response to seeing Renee Young will be on TD is "will we get to see some Dean, then?"  Because he is, by far, my favorite thing about WWE these days.  

I really wish they'd kept Mandy & gotten rid of Eva. Mandy seems like a sweetheart.

Which is exactly why they're keeping Eva - what producer wants sweetheart when they can have obnoxious and self-absorbed? 

If they want to emulate Real Housewives and have a villain, go for it. But 90% of the time Eva is baby-talking or babbling and she can't hold her own in an argument. She's not the one. 

I don't think so, either, to be honest, but I think they think she is.  For some reason, someone at WWE is convinced this woman is going to be a star, despite all evidence to the contrary.  

Ha, the general reception to Maryse and her return has been very positive. I think more about the douchbaggy level it raises Miz too. But, she is not getting dislikes from most people watching.

Renee has been in divas a fair amount so her being on makes sense. She actually represents the non wrestler in the company that's also really busy too. With Maryse you get to cover a return after years off. With Lana, there had been a lot of drama surrounding her relationship, she just got engaged and she's been training to wrestle. So, like them or not, they do bring some freshness to the storylines we usually see on the show. Paige has fuck all to do on screen now. Natalya is finally getting a push even though it probably won't last. The bellas are on their way out. So, it is a good choice overall.

• Love 1

I thought Daniel Bryan was pretty bitchy when he was commenting on the food not being healthy. He can eat what he wants and let them do the same.

I'd watch again just to check out that insane house. I'd be like Lauren and Renee- we are here in this beautiful house and you want to LEAVE? Then again, the minute Bryan said it was a health and meditation retreat I would have passed, even if he was covering the rental so I guess they only have themselves to blame.

This show is so hard to get into now. They really need to lose Paige and Foxy.

Yay, Renee, I really like her so far when she's been on the show. I am glad she's getting an upgrade to series regular.

Glad Foxy and Rosa are going, but I really wish they were taking Paige with them.

Interesting about the Bellas show. I'll watch it, at least at first. I find it surprising though- I did not get the impression the ratings for Total Divas were very high so I am surprised there is enough interest to generate a spin off.

On 4/6/2016 at 7:58 PM, Cabarb said:

I heard Nattie complaining about the possibility of her dad beating up the massage guy which would for sure get them on CNN. Then I laughed and laughed and laughed. Nobody on this planet cares enough about Nattie and her crazy ass family to even consider covering their family drama on CNN.

That was so ridiculous. Is her dad for real? I'm starting to think her dad is just as desperate for camera time as she is. Hey Mr. Nattie- I don't think that masseuse is trying to feel up your woman, so rest easy. 

That was a weird scene with Mandy and her older brother crying when the dad shot down the theory that the parents were ever getting back together. I don't think the tears were for show, but strange to have a conversation like that on camera.

I'm actually happy that this means we'll get to see Miz and his menagerie of rescue animals.  I think they got three cats and named them Pumpkin,  Spice, and Latte which is hilarious.   Every Miz interview I see I love, so he'll be more like Jey Uso or Cena joking around than DBry telling everyone to be vegan or lecturing Maryse about clothes or money.  I do wonder if Lana will use the accent the entire time. 

Finally catching up. Wow, Eva really is the girl in middle school who ditches her friend without a glance if the popular clique throws some scraps her way. 

Also thought Brie was way overbearing about Nikki eating. Leave her alone!

why did the Bellas keep inviting Eva Marie out? Was that pushed for a storyline?

On 8/18/2016 at 4:27 PM, anadyr21 said:

Girlfriend can't even cheat right.
Eva Marie Suspended

ETA:
Paige (and del Rio) too. All within the last 24 hours. WTF is going on over there?
Paige Suspended

And, they're allegedly suspending them for Adderall.  Meanwhile, they just had a PPV last night highlighted by a main event featuring someone everyone knows is roided up.  Nice mixed message, WWE.  (I just can't with Vince's obsession with Brock.  The only good thing about him is Paul Heyman.) 

Not sure whether it's true or not, but word today is that Paige has quit WWE after del Rio was let go.  Rumors are floating around that she's hired a lawyer due to the fact that she is still under contract for several more years.

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 9:28 AM, Cabarb said:

Not sure whether it's true or not, but word today is that Paige has quit WWE after del Rio was let go.  Rumors are floating around that she's hired a lawyer due to the fact that she is still under contract for several more years.

Paige cleared it up on Instagram that she isn't quitting.  Del Rio did leave the company.   Where it gets weird is that she did post prior to the suspension that pics from her social media account of her and Del Rio were deleted, so she reposted them in defiance.  She also explained why she was suspended.  She didn't get her paperwork for drug testing on time.  Apparently, that's about the same reason for Eva Marie as well.   The drug tests are notoriously strange.  Hornswoggle, after his release, said in an interview that he received a violation for not being able to urinate to perform the test.  But as of now, she's allegedly not going anywhere.  I do think it's weird that the majority of TD women are on one show, with Paige on Raw.  The rumor is that was done to separate Paige and Del Rio. 

• Love 1

Paige suspended again for 60 days this time. Stupid, since she's taking time off for surgery, it's odd. 

She tweeted about it. 

Along with a photo of her hand and ADR's crotch. 

(Sorry for the full tweets, I wanted just the links, but I haven;t figured it out yet BC me stupid. :D )

Apparently, Paige proposed to Del Rio in the ring at some show over the weekend.  Add this to the WWE's statement that the drug she tested positive for was an illegal drug and not, as she claimed, a prescription, and she's really making some terrible life choices lately.  (Side note: she looks to be high as a kite on something in the videos floating around out there from the proposal).  

Oh, and her father posted on Facebook that he does not want his daughter to marry that man, and her brother's response seems to agree with that sentiment.  

It's kind of disturbing to watch at this point.  You feel like you have a front row seat for someone's downward spiral.  

1 hour ago, KerleyQ said:

Apparently, Paige proposed to Del Rio in the ring at some show over the weekend.  Add this to the WWE's statement that the drug she tested positive for was an illegal drug and not, as she claimed, a prescription, and she's really making some terrible life choices lately.  (Side note: she looks to be high as a kite on something in the videos floating around out there from the proposal).  

Oh, and her father posted on Facebook that he does not want his daughter to marry that man, and her brother's response seems to agree with that sentiment.  

It's kind of disturbing to watch at this point.  You feel like you have a front row seat for someone's downward spiral.  

Well...there is  the part where Alberto is STILL MARRIED.

If all of this isn't on the next season of Total Divas she's living a super dramatic life for no reason.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Watermelon said:

Well...there is  the part where Alberto is STILL MARRIED.

If all of this isn't on the next season of Total Divas she's living a super dramatic life for no reason.

Agreed.