Type keyword(s) to search

The Zoo (Bronx Zoo) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

My read is that they are putting out 2 hour episodes where the first hour is new, and the second one is an old episode.  At least they're not doing the "new episode" trick where they add commentary to an old episode.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, meep.meep said:

My read is that they are putting out 2 hour episodes where the first hour is new, and the second one is an old episode.  At least they're not doing the "new episode" trick where they add commentary to an old episode.

I'll have to go take a look.  I thought I tuned into one of those episodes and found footage I recognized at the beginning, so I thought it was mostly old footage and deleted it.  I wish they wouldn't do this, it's confusing.

• Love 2

I agree it's confusing. I didn't keep close track, but I thought they had repeat footage in the first hour, too. But then later I saw something I didn't remember and I don't know if it's because it was new or if it was because I just forgot about something I saw a long time ago.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, possibilities said:

But then later I saw something I didn't remember and I don't know if it's because it was new or if it was because I just forgot about something I saw a long time ago.

Yep, me too!

None of the decent Animal Planet shows seem to be in new production.  Tia Torres has announced that she is uncertain whether Pit Bulls & Parolees is coming back.  None of the Zoo shows have any new announced productions.  Dr. Jeff?  I loved the Atlanta Aquarium show - even the Australia Zoo show centered around the Irwins is dormant.  Is Animal Planet just dying on the vine?  I realize there was a huge shake-up in Discovery but to me they were showing amazing content.

They will probably change their content to more shows like The Vet Life - not one of my favorites.

Shoot, they haven't even done any new episodes of the guys who build the cool aquariums!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, RoxiP said:

Is Animal Planet just dying on the vine?  I realize there was a huge shake-up in Discovery but to me they were showing amazing content.

I really hope they don't dump the favorites.  I have watch Secret Life of the Zoo repeats so often that I can recite the dialog.  The zoo programs are my favorites and I certainly hate to see them go.  Secret Life is filmed in England for their channels so maybe they are not doing anything new either.

• Love 1

From the outside looking in, it looks like Animal Planet is one of the losers in the Discovery quest for global domination. They are still going strong with every hillbilly moonshine, gold search and car show, but all of the programing from Animal Planet appears to be in complete stasis. 

It's disappointing because I found these shows to be both interesting and informative. Plus, I could turn on Animal Planet and distract my cats for hours...now I've got to worry about them watching too many Succession reruns on HBO😸

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Cetacean said:

So we're still left hanging. If nothing else I would love to know how Susan is doing.  I truly miss the keepers as well as the animals.

I hate to say I'm not optimistic especially since the Warner/Discovery merger has resulted in at least 6-7 shows I watch across several networks being either cancelled or shelved indefinitely.  And I recently read that Pit Bulls and Parolees has officially been cancelled.   It's getting to the point that I think we need to start writing to the cable companies because they have a stake in this situation if people get disgusted that they are paying a lot for less and less and leave.  Because obviously they're not coming out with anything to replace these shows and even what they do come out with is usually complete garbage.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Because obviously they're not coming out with anything to replace these shows and even what they do come out with is usually complete garbage.

I'm sure they're looking for things that are cheap to produce which, as you said, has lead to a lot of garbage programming.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Because obviously they're not coming out with anything to replace these shows and even what they do come out with is usually complete garbage.

The shows of quality are on endless loops as well.  I must have see Secret Life of the Zoo episodes 50 times apiece.  I can recite the dialog for The Zoo by now.

On a shallow note, I can never get enough of Bill Orrico sightings in The Zoo. That man is gorgeous.

• Like 2

There was an old episode with a wild dog who was giving birth to healthy babies and then either abandoning them or killing them--- I can't remember which. The show didn't seem to know why it was happening. It was really sad.

This is the species I'm talking about

African-Wild-Dog-800x800-square-image-fo

Well, I just watched an episode of NATURE, which focused on various canid species, including wild dogs. They are very endangered, so there was a team of humans who would go and rescue any who got injured, and being them back to a facility for medical care and rehabilitation. They were finding that the animals would recover physically from their injury but then die of "broken heart syndrome," which was not understood until they did an autopsy.

They realized that this species is extremely emotionally bonded to the family group they live with, and will die when separated. Every time. 

So now the people transport the entire dog group to the rehab place so they can stay with whatever family member is getting medical care, and now they all make it.

I am guessing that the zoo Dog will continue to reject her pups as long as the zoo puts her in a "private" room away from her family when she gives birth.

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1