Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E17: The Odd Couple

TV Guide:

After the fatal end to an argument on a construction site, the squad works to untangle facts about the incident. Meanwhile, Riggs struggles to rekindle his relationship with Molly; Trish's job is on the line as she tries to close a big deal at work; and Murtaugh gets one last chance to make it right at home.

Riggs had one job, to watch the chicken and he couldn't even do that, grrr.

I enjoyed the episode. I liked seeing Riggs and Murtaugh living together.  I'm glad Trish and Murtaugh are back together but I'm sad Scorsese had to return his towels or robes or whatever. He was so looking forward to Murtaugh staying with him, lol.

The jumping out of the plane thing was way over the top though, heh.

• Love 1

Of course the parachute jump was way over the top. But you know what else is over the top? That a woman with two teenagers and a toddler to look after, a prestigious full-time job and a big house to keep in order manages to whip up a complete breakfast buffet on a workday, the kitchen looking spotless and she herself looking as if she just came from a Vogue photo shooting. Trish is not just awesome - she's magical.

Ah well, this show hardly ever goes for realism. 

Poor Scorsese - even with cats around his home sounds a lot more welcoming and hygienic than that dingy RV.

Glad we got Molly back. I hated how Riggs just dropped her and the kid without explanation. At least she now knows why and she left some great truth bombs for Riggs to deal with. I wish she'd be his endgame but I fear sooner or later she'll end up in Dad's cross-hair again.

Good use of Cahill - just the right mix of concern and tough love.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, jewel21 said:

The jumping out of the plane thing was way over the top though,

It was a good stunt though. 

I haven't heard if they're renewing this show, but if they don't wrap up Riggs's dad issues, I don't think I'll be watching next season. 

2 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

It was a good stunt though. 

I haven't heard if they're renewing this show, but if they don't wrap up Riggs's dad issues, I don't think I'll be watching next season. 

See, that's the whole "Riggs" thing - he HAS to have at least one drama stewing on the back burner.  Now that he's finally come to grips with his wife's death, the writers have to throw a monkey wrench in the mix so he'll have something else to act loony-toon over.  And...once the daddy issue is settled, his best friend will show up and find out that Riggs stole his woman and his son - more drama for Riggs.  He'll wind up killing his best friend who saved his life as a teenager and more drama will ensue!!! 

If Riggs was normal the show would be just like Starksy & Hutch or Crockett & Tubbs or Cagney & Lacey...you get the drift.  So to make the show different and keep it even remotely close to the movie franchise, they HAVE to make Riggs a whack job.  By LW III, the Riggs character had calmed down a little so that gives me hope - LOL!

P.S.  I think the in-house shrink is a waste.  They could let Riggs bounce his feelings off the captain and get the same result - IMO.

I thought Molly's reaction to why Riggs left her was a little lacking. Riggs informs her that a crazy racist monster from their past has come back to haunt them by killing pets and Molly's reaction is more along the lines of "you really need to get over your daddy issues!" Lady, the father of crazy is stalking you! Is he going to stop because she's not dating Riggs any longer? Did Molly completely stop being important to Riggs at that moment? Like if daddy came and took her hostage during their break, Riggs wouldn't have cared?

7 hours ago, Evagirl said:

P.S.  I think the in-house shrink is a waste.  They could let Riggs bounce his feelings off the captain and get the same result - IMO.

Yes! But then, I don't like Jordana Brewster as an actress, so I admit to bias. I did like the movie shrink, Dr. Stephanie Woods, played by the late Mary Ellen Trainor. Too bad that character wasn't recast for the series. Then again, she existed just to play the foil to Riggs/the captain. But maybe she still could have worked.

But I think Trainor elevated her small scenes.

14 hours ago, dwmarch said:

I thought Molly's reaction to why Riggs left her was a little lacking. Riggs informs her that a crazy racist monster from their past has come back to haunt them by killing pets and Molly's reaction is more along the lines of "you really need to get over your daddy issues!" Lady, the father of crazy is stalking you! Is he going to stop because she's not dating Riggs any longer? Did Molly completely stop being important to Riggs at that moment? Like if daddy came and took her hostage during their break, Riggs wouldn't have cared?

We don't know what Molly did afterwards. I liked that her initial reaction was anger. Makes sense to me since Daddy Riggs has been throwing a long shadow on her life ever since she and Riggs were kids. Maybe she'll take additional steps to protect herself and Ben and we'll get to see that in some of the next episodes.

Of course the whole logic behind the set-up is deeply troubling. Riggs relented once when Molly and Sam were being threatened and just because he's no longer seeing them doesn't mean Daddy can't use them as leverage again. Riggs is delusional about the situation - I hope Molly isn't.

On 3/8/2018 at 6:42 PM, WendyCR72 said:
On 3/8/2018 at 11:39 AM, Evagirl said:

Yes! But then, I don't like Jordana Brewster as an actress, so I admit to bias. I did like the movie shrink, Dr. Stephanie Woods, played by the late Mary Ellen Trainor. Too bad that character wasn't recast for the series. Then again, she existed just to play the foil to Riggs/the captain. But maybe she still could have worked.

But I think Trainor elevated her small scenes.

I kind of think her role has been shrinking a little. In the beginning of the series, I thought she was brought on as Riggs's end game. I don't think that worked out for the writers. It wouldn't even be believable now - not just from an ethics stand point - but from a what she knows about Riggs stand point. She has to deal with his nuttiness on a day by day basis. I don't believe she would want to go home to that as well. 

On 3/8/2018 at 8:42 AM, MissLucas said:

Of course the parachute jump was way over the top. But you know what else is over the top? That a woman with two teenagers and a toddler to look after, a prestigious full-time job and a big house to keep in order manages to whip up a complete breakfast buffet on a workday, the kitchen looking spotless and she herself looking as if she just came from a Vogue photo shooting. Trish is not just awesome - she's magical.

Ah well, this show hardly ever goes for realism. 

I could not agree more!

And Riggs did not see or talk to Molly for 2 mos.  That is a long time and I am surprised Molly gave him the time of day much less listened to his apology and explanation.  She has a kid and what did Riggs ghosting do to him?  Nope, I wouldn't give him any second chance.  And I liked Molly and Riggs together.  But they should have left them split up.  So going back to Molly and revisiting the father storyline makes these last few episodes fill like filler.  

• Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:02 AM, gibasi said:

And Riggs did not see or talk to Molly for 2 mos.  That is a long time and I am surprised Molly gave him the time of day much less listened to his apology and explanation.  She has a kid and what did Riggs ghosting do to him?  Nope, I wouldn't give him any second chance. 

Same here.  This isn't just about Molly and Riggs.  There is a child involved who is also affected by the decisions these two adults are making and Molly should be putting him first.  I love watching Riggs and his antics but he's not necessarily someone I would want to bringing home to my kids as a surrogate father.